User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
Results 256 to 265 of 265

Thread: What Kind Of Person Could "Execute" A Child?

  1. #256
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Witnesses are not necessarily eyewitnesses.
    Interesting case to attempt to make from scripture.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  2. #257
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Well, I'm not going to look for that post, but guaranteed it was either made by a complete retard or you completely misread it.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    It was made by JudgeRightly and supported by ok doser. I didn't miss read it.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  3. #258
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I didn't ask about condemning them. I asked if you would forgive them, and for what.

    Could you answer the question I asked, and not the question you wanted me to ask?
    I answered your questions using the same words Jesus did.

    What would you forgive them for? Murder or taking a loved one away from you?
    If s/he asked me, in a truly repentant way, to forgive them for murdering my family member then I would willingly forgive them.


    "They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them."

    That sounds like law.
    But not a written law, something else, something like morals.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  4. #259
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Could you please fix your formatting??

    It's rather atrocious. And it's getting kind of annoying that I have to keep pointing out your formatting errors.
    No idea what happened with that post.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  5. #260
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Yes


    Romans 2:13-15
    13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )





    Romans 3:27-31
    27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
    28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
    29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
    30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
    31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
    Read these passages in conjunction with Galatians.

    Galatians 3:24-26 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

    24 In fact, the Law was our teacher. It was supposed to teach us until we had faith and were acceptable to God. 25 But once a person has learned to have faith, there is no more need to have the Law as a teacher.
    26 All of you are Godís children because of your faith in Christ Jesus.


    We must be very careful how we apply the law both to ourselves and to others. Are you using the law to teach others their need for a savior or are you using the law to judge others? It is an important question we must constantly ask ourselves because we will be judged by that same measure when we stand before God.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  6. #261
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,162
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 10,214 Times in 7,545 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Read these passages in conjunction with Galatians.

    Galatians 3:24-26 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

    24 In fact, the Law was our teacher. It was supposed to teach us until we had faith and were acceptable to God. 25 But once a person has learned to have faith, there is no more need to have the Law as a teacher.
    26 All of you are Godís children because of your faith in Christ Jesus.


    We must be very careful how we apply the law both to ourselves and to others. Are you using the law to teach others their need for a savior or are you using the law to judge others? It is an important question we must constantly ask ourselves because we will be judged by that same measure when we stand before God.
    And yet you want laws.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 10th, 2018)

  8. #262
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    It was made by JudgeRightly and supported by ok doser. I didn't miss read it.
    Link?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 10th, 2018)

  10. #263
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,990
    Thanks
    22,129
    Thanked 6,295 Times in 4,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147597
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Interesting case to attempt to make from scripture.
    Throughout the Bible, the term "witness" is used to describe people AND inanimate objects, events, and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    It was made by JudgeRightly and supported by ok doser. I didn't miss read it.
    Instead of making such accusations, perhaps you could quote the post where I made the claim that someone who accidentally killed someone should be put to death. At the very least, provide a link to the post.

    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    I answered your questions using the same words Jesus did.
    Answering a question you wanted me to ask doesn't answer the question I actually asked.

    You're extremely close to being put on my ignore list.

    If s/he asked me, in a truly repentant way, to forgive them for murdering my family member then I would willingly forgive them.
    Which, again, does not answer my question.

    AGAIN: Would you forgive them for:
    A) murder?
    B) hurting you by taking away a loved one?

    But not a written law, something else, something like morals.
    "Written on their hearts"...

    "Law unto themselves"...



    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    No idea what happened with that post.
    I told you what happened.

    You didn't format it properly, and in the process plagiarised what I said.

    Please fix it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Read these passages in conjunction with Galatians.


    Galatians 3:24-26 Contemporary English Version 24 In fact, the Law was our teacher. It was supposed to teach us until we had faith and were acceptable to God. 25 But once a person has learned to have faith, there is no more need to have the Law as a teacher.
    26 All of you are Godís children because of your faith in Christ Jesus.
    Cab, if someone has not come to know Christ as their Savior, then how can they be out from under the law?

    We must be very careful how we apply the law both to ourselves and to others.
    Seems pretty simple to me.

    Christians are not under the law, everyone else is.

    Don't believe me? Just go read Romans, the greatest treatise of law ever written.

    Are you using the law to teach others their need for a savior or are you using the law to judge others?
    Porque no los dos?

    Why do you think that those two things are mutually exclusive?

    It is an important question we must constantly ask ourselves because we will be judged by that same measure when we stand before God.
    See, the problem is that you think that Christians will be judged by God.

    We won't be. That's what being forgiven means.

    Remember what Paul said?

    Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband.So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to anotheróto Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. - Romans 7:1-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

    We were condemned under the law (for all have sinned), then when we accepted Christ, we were crucified with him, and therefore, since we are now dead (to the law), we are no longer under it (Romans 7:1-6). Then we are raised with Him in His resurrection, and are forgiven of all our sins, AND "there is now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus...".

    Honestly, you need to read your Bible more often, because you hardly know it.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 10th, 2018),Right Divider (October 10th, 2018)

  12. #264
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,990
    Thanks
    22,129
    Thanked 6,295 Times in 4,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147597
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Link?
    Doubt he will. Because I'm pretty sure I never said that a person should be put to death for accidentally killing someone.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 10th, 2018)

  14. #265
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,162
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 10,214 Times in 7,545 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Doubt he will. Because I'm pretty sure I never said that a person should be put to death for accidentally killing someone.
    It's another obvious case of him misreading.

    He does it so often that it must be deliberate.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 10th, 2018),ok doser (October 10th, 2018),Right Divider (October 10th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us