Over 5000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,440 Posts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You'll need to dig a lot deeper to discover the meaning of reason as opposed to purpose. It won't appear on Google.
    1 John 3:8 KJV
    (8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8 NIV
    (8) He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

Since we cannot count on Google to have spiritual understanding I tried the New Testament also. Would you like to explain the difference between "reason" and "purpose?"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosenritter For Your Post:

meshak (November 17th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 47,413 Times in 29,237 Posts

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This message is hidden because Tambora is on your ignore list.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    1 John 3:8 KJV
    (8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8 NIV
    (8) He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

Since we cannot count on Google to have spiritual understanding I tried the New Testament also. Would you like to explain the difference between "reason" and "purpose?"
    You use scripture as a drunk uses a lamp post. For support rather than illumination.

Don't you realise that the reason the translators used both words synonymously is that they don't understand the difference?
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for the realm of time is to separate the perfection of eternity from the corruption of time. All that became in the realm of time is subject to time and will reach its conclusion. All that is eternal, speaks for itself.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,023 Times in 2,297 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The reason for the realm of time is to separate the perfection of eternity from the corruption of time. All that became in the realm of time is subject to time and will reach its conclusion. All that is eternal, speaks for itself.
    Why not lead with your reason in the OP?

Why must most of your posts (and that of others given to this tactic) be a game of Whack-A-Mole ?

It may not be the intent of those that engage in this method, but the practice of asking a question then sitting back and denouncing answers proffered comes across as smugness (Matthew 5:37).

AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Why not lead with your reason in the OP?

Why must most of your posts (and that of others given to this tactic) be a game of Whack-A-Mole ?

It may not be the intent of those that engage in this method, but the practice of asking a question then sitting back and denouncing answers proffered comes across as smugness (Matthew 5:37).

AMR
    First and foremostly it is not my reason. It is the reason and as such is available to all those that have an interest in the eternal.

"Whack a mole" or expose a hypocrite who can only cut and paste from denominational creeds.

If you don't like my methods then scroll past.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time separates the creation from the eternal. Time also separates events and allows prophesy to become. Time is a perfect means of separation. Time also allows a space for repentance. Time is a currency and can be used or abused. It can be invested or wasted. People attempt to save time, but where would you store it.

In further answer to AMR's query about the ways I post. It is to give people time to ponder and I always hope that their ponderings will be rewarded, but there is little if any evidence of that, time will tell...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,644 Times in 7,183 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What is the reason for and the purpose of time?
    competition for newsweek?

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This message is hidden because ok doser is on your ignore list.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The measurement of time also grants us the gift of history from which man should learn. However, an old lecturer of mine on Church history pointed out that one lesson history teaches is that man seldom learns from history. Time will tell...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,644 Times in 7,183 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    too bad - it was pretty funny

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time also leaves room for presumption. Man presumes that if there is a Creator and Judge the man has plenty of time to put things right before he meets his Maker.

The presumption is met with:

"Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction".

In my word studies I have found that sometimes the best way to get the last drop of meaning out of a word is to look at the antonyms.I was going to post them, but I'll leave that to you. You've got pleanty of time, haven't you!

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time is the expeditor of corruption.

“In the fourth generation, your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure".

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another purpose for time is to allow decay to do its work. Dust thou art and unto dust thou shalt return.

Thread Information