Thanked 4,433 Times in 2,567 Posts

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    The Gentiles need not repent?

2Co 7:9-10 KJV
    (9) Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
    (10) For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

The Gentiles should not be baptized?

Mat 28:19 KJV
    (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

The Jew does not need the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Luk 22:19-20 KJV
    (19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    (20) Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Heb 10:26-29 KJV
    (26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    (27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    (28) He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    (29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I keep forgetting which books are considered applicable to one gospel and which are considered irrelevant. Did I guess correctly? Hebrews for the Hebrews? Gospels for the Jews? Corinthians to the Gentiles?
    Didn't say that, you did.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 19th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    lol There is no difference. It is all the same gospel. The gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ brought His gospel to the Jews first but they rejected it. Then He gave His gospel to the Gentiles the very same gospel. What is gospel? The good news. You have still got to learn the difference between saved and salvation.
    They are not the same. You just do not know how to interpret the scriptures. How many Gospels are mentioned in Galatians 2:7 .

Jim Elliot

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 37,265 Times in 18,615 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing wrong with the passage you quoted. I understand that to apply to everyone... but you don't apply that to everyone.

With your answer, you were assuming that I am Gentile and not a Jew and thus only presenting one of your two gospels. What are the effects or consequences if the wrong gospel is believed? And how do you (in the general sense, how does anyone) discern who is Jew or Gentile for which gospel to apply?
    You're assuming....

BR is talking about what was being preached in the Bible. As he said, today only the Gospel of Grace is to be preached. The Jews rejected Jesus, thus the Kingdom of God was put on hold.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 19th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),lifeisgood (September 26th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,580 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You're assuming....

BR is talking about what was being preached in the Bible. As he said, today only the Gospel of Grace is to be preached. The Jews rejected Jesus, thus the Kingdom of God was put on hold.
    You are 100% CORRECT Glorydaz.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    They are not the same. You just do not know how to interpret the scriptures. How many Gospels are mentioned in Galatians 2:7 .
    Yep!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No @Bright Raven, the point is that in this case how can I know? It sounds like you are telling me to guess and hope I guessed right. So far it sounds like you are telling me you guessed and you have no way of telling if your guess was right, but eternal salvation lies in the balance if you guessed wrong and I believed you.

1. If I am Jewish and you gave me the other gospel, what happens if I try to follow the Gentile gospel that you gave me by mistake?

2. If I am Jewish and you neglected to give me the gospel "for the Jews" then what happens if I do not follow the Jewish gospel?

Do you not know the answers to those questions? I'm sure I've asked them at least three times already.
    You've asked amiss....based on your own misunderstanding.

What Gospel is to be preached today? BR told you already. The Gospel of Grace.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said
    I think I see where you got side tracked. First the word gospels isnt in scripture. Because there is only one gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ. Now Jesus didnt give everything to the apostles He couldnt He wasnt here long enough to do that. So He brought in Paul and gave him the rest. And Paul went to peter to share with each other the parts that Jesus gave to the other. But it is still the one gospel of Jesus Christ.

[Act 15:2-4, 6-9
    [2] Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.
    [3] So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren.
    [4] And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. ...
    [6] Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.
    [7] And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up [and] said to them: "Men [and] brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.
    [8] "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as [He did] to us,
    [9] "and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said
    you should read it in context. You keep forgetting its the gospel of Jesus Christ. Your suggesting that Jesus told them two different things. That is rediculous.

[Gal 2:7-9
    [7] But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as [the gospel] for the circumcised [was] to Peter
    [8] (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
    [9] and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we [should go] to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said
    you should read it in context. You keep forgetting its the gospel of Jesus Christ. Your suggesting that Jesus told them two different things. That is rediculous.

[7] But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as [the gospel] for the circumcised [was] to Peter
    [8] (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
    [9] and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we [should go] to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
    When Jesus came to dwell among men, He came for the lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

The Kingdom He preached was the Kingdom of God on earth where He would sit on David's throne. But, He was rejected and crucified.

Acts 2:22-23 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Jesus didn't come to earth preaching the cross for salvation. He preached obedience to the commandments, repent and be baptized.

So, when the RISEN LORD appeared to Paul, He had him preach the Cross and the Gospel of Grace. Paul preached justification by faith, and believe unto salvation.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Bright Raven (September 19th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (September 19th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),lifeisgood (September 26th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The Kingdom He preached was the Kingdom of God on earth where He would sit on David's throne. But, He was rejected and crucified.

Acts 2:22-23 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Jesus didn't come to earth preaching the cross for salvation. He preached obedience to the commandments, repent and be baptized.

So, when the RISEN LORD appeared to Paul, He had him preach the Cross and the Gospel of Grace. Paul preached justification by faith, and believe unto salvation.
    I said
    That isnt why Jesus came. He came to reveal the kingdom of God. It has nothing to do with David. The kingdom of God is inside you, the ignorant Jews thought Jesus was talking about the throne of David. But He wasnt. He was talking about how they could get free from sin. And that is by going into the kingdom of God and changing.

[Luk 4:43
    [43] but He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent."
    [Luk 8:1, 10
    [1] Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve [were] with Him, ...
    [10] And He said, "To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest [it is given] in parables, that 'Seeing they may not see, And hearing they may not understand.'
    [Luk 16:16
    [16] "The law and the prophets [were] until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
    [Luk 17:20-21
    [20] Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
    [21] "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

Thanks

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    I think I see where you got side tracked. First the word gospels isnt in scripture. Because there is only one gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ. Now Jesus didnt give everything to the apostles He couldnt He wasnt here long enough to do that. So He brought in Paul and gave him the rest. And Paul went to peter to share with each other the parts that Jesus gave to the other. But it is still the one gospel of Jesus Christ.

[Act 15:2-4, 6-9
    [2] Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.
    [3] So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren.
    [4] And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. ...
    [6] Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.
    [7] And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up [and] said to them: "Men [and] brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.
    [8] "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as [He did] to us,
    [9] "and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
    How many Gospels ae mentioned in Galatians 2:7?

Jim Elliot

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many Gospels ae mentioned in Galatians 2:7?
    I said
    One gospel. Same Spirit. [8] (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),

Thanks

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    One gospel. Same Spirit. [8] (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),

you don't count so good.

Jim Elliot

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 762 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Irrelevant to the topic.
    As are "fairy tales".
    My original, on topic point remains. One should consider the historical context of Paul's letters.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen

Thread Information