Thanks
    Thanked 35,869 Times in 18,025 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    So far you haven't done very well with explaining the "two different gospels" thing. It's like you were totally unprepared for those types of questions. They're still outstanding, by the way... I'm hoping you'll try to answer them. If you can't I don't think you have any business preaching a "two different gospels" gospel.
    Perhaps he can tell that you aren't willing to hear.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Bright Raven (September 18th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (September 20th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),Tambora (October 6th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,295 Times in 2,516 Posts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So far you haven't done very well with explaining the "two different gospels" thing. It's like you were totally unprepared for those types of questions. They're still outstanding, by the way... I'm hoping you'll try to answer them. If you can't I don't think you have any business preaching a "two different gospels" gospel.
    You just don't understand dispensational theology.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 20th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    No I didnt. Peter and Paul had the very same Gospel. Paul and Barnabas joined the apostles in fellowship. And decided that Peter would go to the Jews and Paul would go to the Gentiles. With the very same Gospel.. Paul even said when he joined them they didnt have nothing that he didnt have already. They added nothing to him.

Gal 2:6-9
    6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
    7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
    8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
    9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Col 3:9-14
    9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
    10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
    11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.
    No they don't have the same gospel. That is whay Paul wnt to Jerusalem, to explain his gospel to the Apostles.

Jim Elliot

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said
    There isnt two different gospels. He has just taken two different parts of the one gospel and turn them into two different gospels. That is the way faith only believers try to get out of doing the works that the gospel says we must do.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    I said
    lol I can see your still trying to separate the gospel into two parts. Faith only believers and works believers. It cant be done . Its the milk understanding and the meat understanding. Its the disciple and the apostle. The milk is the disciple with faith only that worship in the flesh. The meat is the apostle with works that worship in the Spirit. And the dispensation is the Holy Spirit.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they don't have the same gospel. That is whay Paul wnt to Jerusalem, to explain his gospel to the Apostles.
    I said
    They compared and found no difference in either. It was a conformation visit. And when they both found out they both had the same gospel they decided that Peter would go to the Jews and Paul would go to the Gentiles.

Over 4000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,134 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that what you are going to tell the potential convert in front of you when they ask you for the gospel?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that what you are going to tell the potential convert in front of you when they ask you for the gospel?
    I said
    People in the milk understanding that worship in the flesh have theologies. That is their excuse for not submitting to the Holy Spirit. Theology is spiritual theory. And theory is guessing. So what they have is spiritual guessing. There is no absolute in theology. There is an absolute in walking after the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit only quotes new testament verses.

[Jhn 14:26
    [26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

[2Co 5:5
    [5] Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bright Raven, I'm offering a third chance here for you to explain this.

If there are two different gospels (as you have claimed), and each gospels applies to only one group and not the other, what are the consequences of each group following each gospel?

What happens if the Jew follows the "non-Jew" gospel?
    What happens If the Jew follows the "Jew" gospel?
    What happens if the Gentile follows the "non-Jew" gospel?
    What happens if the Gentile follows the "Jew" gospel?

I am giving you fair chance to explain and you've declined at each turn. If you cannot and will not explain further I don't see why anyone should believe you, and it sounds to me that you're started preaching another gospel.

Gal 3:28-29 KJV
    (28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    (29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Bright Raven, I'm offering a third chance here for you to explain this.

If there are two different gospels (as you have claimed), and each gospels applies to only one group and not the other, what are the consequences of each group following each gospel?

What happens if the Jew follows the "non-Jew" gospel?
    What happens If the Jew follows the "Jew" gospel?
    What happens if the Gentile follows the "non-Jew" gospel?
    What happens if the Gentile follows the "Jew" gospel?

I am giving you fair chance to explain and you've declined at each turn. If you cannot and will not explain further I don't see why anyone should believe you, and it sounds to me that you're started preaching another gospel.

Gal 3:28-29 KJV
    (28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    (29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    You do not understand the Gospel. For me to continue with you is pointless. Come back and talk to me when you have a grasp on dispensational theology. Study Galatians 2:7.

Jim Elliot

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 749 Posts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Fairy tales abound.
    Indeed.
    Rudeness and irrelevance also abound.

Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do not understand the Gospel. For me to continue with you is pointless. Come back and talk to me when you have a grasp on dispensational theology. Study Galatians 2:7.
    So before you can present the gospel to someone, they must first learn "dispensational theology." At least the Calvinist is able to preach the gospel and salvation without requiring someone to first learn and accept Calvinism. Do you not feel any shame at your insincerity?

1Pe 3:15 KJV
    (15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I'm pretty sure it is not written "be ready always to give an answer .. to those who have first gone and studied the mystery religion called Dispensational Theology."

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said
    Raven context, context, context. Peter and all the apostles agreed with Paul there is no difference in their doctrine and his. They could add nothing to what Paul was saying. So they agreed that Peter would go to the circumcised, and Paul to the uncircumcised. Because they both had the same gospel.

[Gal 2:6-9
    [6] But from those who seemed to be something--whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man--for those who seemed [to be something] added nothing to me.
    [7] But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as [the gospel] for the circumcised [was] to Peter
    [8] (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
    [9] and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we [should go] to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So before you can present the gospel to someone, they must first learn "dispensational theology." At least the Calvinist is able to preach the gospel and salvation without requiring someone to first learn and accept Calvinism. Do you not feel any shame at your insincerity?

1Pe 3:15 KJV
    (15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I'm pretty sure it is not written "be ready always to give an answer .. to those who have first gone and studied the mystery religion called Dispensational Theology."
    I did not say that, you did. When the gospel is presented, it is the Gospel of the grace of God contained in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
    15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jim Elliot

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 20th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),lifeisgood (September 26th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,473 Times in 10,502 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Indeed.
    Rudeness and irrelevance also abound.
    Irrelevant to the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Thread Information