Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,135 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    The Gospel of Grace of course;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
    15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    So why did you pick that gospel instead of the other one?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,517 Posts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    So why did you pick that gospel instead of the other one?
    Because that is for the Jew. It is the Gospel of the Kingdom and only requires repentance and baptism. Sorry that won't get it . That is called works salvation.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 20th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),Tambora (October 6th, 2018)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 749 Posts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One should read Paul within his historical context. The early Church started out as a Jewish sect, and in Paul's time it attracted many Gentiles. He had to find room for both within the Church.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chair For Your Post:

JonahofAkron (September 18th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is only one goal by all to reach. That is Jesus Christ.
    But there are two paths one is Jew which Peter led. And the other is Gentiles which Paul led. Jesus brought the message of salvation to the Jew first and they rejected it so Jesus gave it to the Gentiles. One gospel the new testament. For all and on all who receive it.

Gal 2:6-9
    6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
    7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
    8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
    9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Col 3:9-14
    9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
    10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
    11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

[Gal 3:24-29
    [24] Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    [25] But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
    [26] For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
    [27] For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    [29] And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,476 Times in 10,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    One should read Paul within his historical context. The early Church started out as a Jewish sect, and in Paul's time it attracted many Gentiles. He had to find room for both within the Church.
    Fairy tales abound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),Tambora (October 6th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Fairy tales abound.
    I said
    I think your right.

Over 4000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because that is for the Jew. It is the Gospel of the Kingdom and only requires repentance and baptism. Sorry that won't get it . That is called works salvation.
    Why would you assume I wasn't Jewish? It sounds like my salvation is at stake here and if you gave me the wrong gospel what happens then?

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why would you assume I wasn't Jewish? It sounds like my salvation is at stake here and if you gave me the wrong gospel what happens then?
    Have you understood Galatians 2:7-8 yet?

Galatians 2:7-8 King James Version (KJV)
    7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles

Jim Elliot

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 20th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),lifeisgood (September 26th, 2018),Tambora (October 6th, 2018)

Over 4000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles
    Raven, this has nothing to do with whether I have read the scripture. I am asking you to find out your understanding and hoping that you can demonstrate your meaning. I'll try again.

I asked you what you would say to me if you meant to tell me the gospel. You have two gospels, and you picked one of them, saying that the other one was for Jews. What if I am Jewish? You gave me a gospel to follow that wasn't for the Jews.

1. If I am Jewish and you gave me the other gospel, what happens if I try to follow the Gentile gospel that you gave me by mistake?

2. If I am Jewish and you neglected to give me the gospel "for the Jews" then what happens if I do not follow the Jewish gospel?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said
    Its the same gospel. They just have to start the Jews in a little different way than they have to start the Gentiles. Same Gospel same goal same end.

6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
    7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
    8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
    9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
    11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

[24] Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    [29] And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul put on a front for anyone so that he might win more people to Christ. But still Peter and Paul had the same goal. Sanctified in the new testament Gospel of Grace.

[1Co 9:19-23
    [19] For though I am free from all [men], I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;
    [20] and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those [who are] under the law, as under the law, that I might win those [who are] under the law;
    [21] to those [who are] without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those [who are] without law;
    [22] to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.
    23] Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with [you].

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    Its the same gospel. They just have to start the Jews in a little different way than they have to start the Gentiles. Same Gospel same goal same end.

It is not the same Gospel Squeaky.
    The Gospel to the Jew is the Gospel of the Kingdom and salvation is found in the following way;

Acts 2:37-38 King James Version (KJV)
    37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Gospel to the Gentile is the Gospel of the Grace of God found here;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
    15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jim Elliot

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 20th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),Tambora (October 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Raven, this has nothing to do with whether I have read the scripture. I am asking you to find out your understanding and hoping that you can demonstrate your meaning. I'll try again.

I asked you what you would say to me if you meant to tell me the gospel. You have two gospels, and you picked one of them, saying that the other one was for Jews. What if I am Jewish? You gave me a gospel to follow that wasn't for the Jews.

1. If I am Jewish and you gave me the other gospel, what happens if I try to follow the Gentile gospel that you gave me by mistake?

2. If I am Jewish and you neglected to give me the gospel "for the Jews" then what happens if I do not follow the Jewish gospel?
    Are you a Jew or a Gentile? Jews repent and are baptized, Acts 2:38. Gentiles believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Pauls Gospel is the Gospel of grace given to the church as are his teachings in Romans through Philemon.

Jim Elliot

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 20th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018),lifeisgood (September 26th, 2018),Tambora (October 6th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,476 Times in 10,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Are you a Jew or a Gentile? Jews repent and are baptized, Acts 2:38. Gentiles believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Pauls Gospel is the Gospel of grace given to the church as are his teachings in Romans through Philemon.
    Sorry BR, but you're making a false split here.

In Acts 2:38 there were Jews and proselytes (Acts 2:10). That's Jews and Gentiles.
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JonahofAkron (September 18th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Sorry BR, but you're making a false split here.

In Acts 2:38 there were Jews and proselytes (Acts 2:10). That's Jews and Gentiles.
    RD, There may have been Gentiles in the crowd but Peter was speaking specifically to Jews. Were not the Apostles to go to the lost sheep of Israel. And was not Peter addressing the Jews in this passage. Peter is not the Apostle to the Gentiles, Paul is.

Jim Elliot

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Thread Information