User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53

Thread: 'In Christ' Before Me

  1. #46
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,896
    Thanks
    14,465
    Thanked 21,884 Times in 12,383 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    So? Do you deny that those in the Body of Christ will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to reign from the throne of David?
    You have issues with your timeline. Work that out and your problems go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  2. #47
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,834
    Thanks
    1,282
    Thanked 8,742 Times in 5,737 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147840
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You have issues with your timeline. Work that out and your problems go away.
    You have issues with Paul's words at 1 Thessalonians 4:17 and that explains why you evade answering my simple question.

  3. #48
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,896
    Thanks
    14,465
    Thanked 21,884 Times in 12,383 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    You have issues with Paul's words at 1 Thessalonians 4:17 and that explains why you evade answering my simple question.
    No, I have no problem with any scripture.

    Your Bible blending destroys the distinction between God's plans that will come together in the dispensation of the fullness of times and not sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  4. #49
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,834
    Thanks
    1,282
    Thanked 8,742 Times in 5,737 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147840
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Your Bible blending destroys the distinction between God's plans that will come together in the dispensation of the fullness of times and not sooner.
    Do you deny that those in the Body of Christ will return to the earth with the Lord Jesus to reign on the earth sometime after the rapture?

  5. #50
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,896
    Thanks
    14,465
    Thanked 21,884 Times in 12,383 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Do you deny that those in the Body of Christ will return to the earth with the Lord Jesus to reign on the earth sometime after the rapture?
    I believe the Bible when it says that we will always be with the Lord. I do not know exactly what that means with respect to the earthly kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    steko (July 17th, 2019)

  7. #51
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,834
    Thanks
    1,282
    Thanked 8,742 Times in 5,737 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147840
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I believe the Bible when it says that we will always be with the Lord. I do not know exactly what that means with respect to the earthly kingdom.
    Will you admit that the Lord Jesus' words about being for ever with Him could mean that those caught up will return to the earth with Him when He will reign from the throne of David?

  8. #52
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,896
    Thanks
    14,465
    Thanked 21,884 Times in 12,383 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Will you admit that the Lord Jesus' words about being for ever with Him could mean that those caught up will return to the earth with Him when He will reign from the throne of David?
    Could be... it doesn't say. I prefer not to speculate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  9. #53
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,834
    Thanks
    1,282
    Thanked 8,742 Times in 5,737 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147840
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Could be... it doesn't say. I prefer not to speculate.
    In order to understand Paul's words correctly the context must be examinied closely:

    "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

    Paul is speaking about the time when the believer will be in the "presence" of the Lord Jesus' body at the rapture. Before the rapture the believer on the earth will not be in the presence of His body but at the rapture he will. That is the context so when Paul says "so shall we ever be with the Lord" after speaking about becoming in the presence of His body the meaning is clear--from that time on those in the Body of Christ will always be in the presence of the body of the Lord Jesus.

    There is absolutely no reason to suppose that this is not the correct understanding of Paul's words in this verse.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us