Thread: ONLY ONE GOSPEL ? Or Not

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ONLY ONE GOSPEL ? Or Not

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

It can be seen in verse 34 that the apostles had no understanding of the blood sacrifice and resurrection that Jesus was facing.
    It is evident that there is not just one gospel.
    It is only logical to uphold that the gospel they were presenting was not the same gospel Paul was preaching.
    They were preaching the gospel that Jesus is the Son of God.
    Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
    They were preaching the gospel of the coming of the kingdom on earth.
    Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
    The gospel that Paul preaches is our gospel for today.This is the gospel by which we are saved.
    15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    1 Corinthians 15
    We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
    Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
    He was buried.
    He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
    All we have to do is believe the gospel.
    Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
    The moment you believe you have eternal life.
    Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DougE For Your Post:

Jerry Shugart (September 12th, 2018),Right Divider (September 12th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 1,292 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

It can be seen in verse 34 that the apostles had no understanding of the blood sacrifice and resurrection that Jesus was facing.
    It is evident that there is not just one gospel.
    It is only logical to uphold that the gospel they were presenting was not the same gospel Paul was preaching.
    Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
    The gospel that Paul preaches is our gospel for today.This is the gospel by which we are saved.
    15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    1 Corinthians 15
    We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
    Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
    He was buried.
    He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
    All we have to do is believe the gospel.
    Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
    The moment you believe you have eternal life.
    Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

One might say that there is two Gospels. There is the "Gospel of the Kingdom" this has to do with Jesus coming into the world. This is known as the "Kingdom Gospel" Wherever the King is at there is his Kingdom, Matthew 3:2 also Matthew 12:28.

And then there is Paul's Gospel. This is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 12th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,348 Times in 5,461 Posts

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    One might say that there is two Gospels. There is the "Gospel of the Kingdom" this has to do with Jesus coming into the world. This is known as the "Kingdom Gospel" Wherever the King is at there is his Kingdom, Matthew 3:2 also Matthew 12:28.
    So do you believe that the Messianic Kingdom existed on the earth when the Lord Jesus was in the world?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Right Divider (September 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    Yes, they were preaching that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and those who believed that gospel were born of God (1Jn.5:1-5; Jn.20:30-31).

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,944 Times in 22,220 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    So do you believe that the Messianic Kingdom existed on the earth when the Lord Jesus was in the world?
    There will be a time when Christ will sit and rule on the 'Throne of David.' That is a future event that has yet to come to fruition.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Jerry Shugart (September 12th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 1,292 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Yes, The devil was defeated, the sick were made well, some were raised from the dead. There were many miracles that clearly indicated that Jesus was the Christ. I am looking forward to his return.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,239 Times in 10,394 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Yes, The devil was defeated, the sick were made well, some were raised from the dead. There were many miracles that clearly indicated that Jesus was the Christ. I am looking forward to his return.
    This is called skirting the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Jerry Shugart (September 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why did the Lord Jesus say the following?:

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence"
    (Jn.18:36).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Right Divider (September 13th, 2018)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gospel is the revelation of Jesus Christ .... Since there is one Christ ... there is one Gospel and that is the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,239 Times in 10,394 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by eleos View Post
    The Gospel is the revelation of Jesus Christ .... Since there is one Christ ... there is one Gospel and that is the revelation of Jesus Christ.
    Wrong premise leads to wrong conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Bright Raven (September 13th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (September 13th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,944 Times in 22,220 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eleos View Post
    Christ and His Disciples preached the 'Kingdom Gospel' to the House of Israel. The Apostle Paul preached the 'Gospel of the grace of God' to the Gentiles. Two Gospels. Paul first went to the Jews with his Gospel and they rejected it, so henceforth, Paul went to the Gentiles) Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles.

Thread Information