Thread: Is Calvinism Wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,288 Times in 9,164 Posts

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post

You are adding words to the verse and changing a true doctrine into a false doctrine.

Ephesians 2:8-9
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The verse does not say "by grace alone" it says "by grace".
    The verse does not say "through faith alone" it says "through faith".
    Fine. By that "argument," show us any verse that teaches "Christ alone," fotr justification/salvation.

Go on record. Go ahead.

Sophistry.
    Saint John W

2. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (October 18th, 2018)

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,299 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Fine. By that "argument," show us any verse that teaches "Christ alone," fotr justification/salvation.

John 14:6
    6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 5:39
    39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

1 John 5:13
    13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

4. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

Rosenritter (October 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
    Observe, the continued deception, hypocrisy. You argued:

You are adding words to the verse and changing a true doctrine into a false doctrine.

Fine. By that "argument," show us any verse that teaches, says, "Christ alone," for justification/salvation.

Go on record. Go ahead.

None of the verses you quoted, says "alone," deceiver, as you employed in your argument.

You fraud. And TOL knows it, as "You are adding words to the verse," and thus, on record, assert that "Christ alone" is a false doctrine.
    Saint John W

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (October 18th, 2018),Tambora (October 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the verses you quoted, says "alone," deceiver, as you employed in your argument.
    My argument is against adding the word alone to change the meaning of the verse.
    The only problem I see is your inability to understand English.

Adding alone to Jesus does not change the verses I listed.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me alone.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me alone.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God alone; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Changing "for by grace you are saved through faith" to "for by grace alone you are saved through faith alone" does change the meaning of the verse.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My argument is against adding the word alone to change the meaning of the verse.
    The only problem I see is your inability to understand English.

Adding alone to Jesus does not change the verses I listed.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me alone.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me alone.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God alone; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Changing "for by grace you are saved through faith" to "for by grace alone you are saved through faith alone" does change the meaning of the verse.
    Spin, continued deception, moving the goal posts, as is your MO, "ministry," on TOL, deceiver. You "argued:"

You fraud. And TOL knows it, as "You are adding words to the verse," and thus, on record, assert that "Christ alone" is a false doctrine.

You deceptive troll/ette.
    Saint John W

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please come back after you have taken "English as a second language" and "Critical reading" classes.
    Until you do that, your inability to understand English and your inability to understand what you read will keep you from having anything to add to this discussion.

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please come back after you have taken "English as a second language" and "Critical reading" classes.
    Until you do that, your inability to understand English and your inability to understand what you read will keep you from having anything to add to this discussion.
    Stuff your spin. And that is funny, coming from a fraud that spams "the Greek," who cannot speak/read/understand/write any "the Greek," and there is no such thing as "the Greek." Teaches us some "the English," would you poser? Please? You're not in my league, in "ability," so take your seat.
    Saint John W

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,749 Times in 3,598 Posts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post

Those were not supposed to be difficult and they weren't trick questions. Clete, why all the long elaborate smoke screen yet without actually answering what was asked?

I responded directly. I don't see the problem. I haven't followed the whole discussion. Perhaps I missed the point.

Those things are present in the lives of some and not in others. There are various reasons why or why not. If they are present in your life because you're trying really hard to be a good or better person.... (see the rest of my post above)

If they aren't, it could well be for the very same reason, by the way.

Clete

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 11th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (October 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 18th, 2018),Tambora (October 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be ignoring some of the things Paul said.
    You seem not to be a Christian. At least not one in the normal sense of the word. I do not discuss Christians doctrine with people who don't understand the simplest, most basically fundamental aspect of the entire Christian faith. Namely, that Jesus' death and resurrection is the bottom most foundational basis for the entire thing. You miss that, you've missed it altogether.

What did you think, that if you started the exact same discussion on a different thread that my reaction would be different?

Clete

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 11th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (October 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 18th, 2018),Tambora (October 12th, 2018)

Over 5000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,440 Posts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    I responded directly. I don't see the problem. I haven't followed the whole discussion. Perhaps I missed the point.

Those things are present in the lives of some and not in others. There are various reasons why or why not. If they are present in your life because you're trying really hard to be a good or better person.... (see the rest of my post above)

If they aren't, it could well be for the very same reason, by the way.

Clete
    Four yes or no questions were asked. No yes or no answers have been received, either from you, or Glory whom I originally asked. It was a personal question, not dependent on anyone else other than the one answering the question.

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem not to be a Christian. At least not one in the normal sense of the word. I do not discuss Christians doctrine with people who don't understand the simplest, most basically fundamental aspect of the entire Christian faith.

Clete
    I am beginning to think that someone who refuses to answer "Do you attempt to fulfill through faith and practice "Love God" and does this change manifest itself in your life" isn't a Christian in the normal sense of the word either.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not in my league,
    Little league?

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    Four yes or no questions were asked. No yes or no answers have been received, either from you, or Glory whom I originally asked. It was a personal question, not dependent on anyone else other than the one answering the question.
    Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes.

Okay, now what?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 18th, 2018),Tambora (October 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes.

Okay, now what?
    Now I get to say that your even if your theological reasoning may sound strange to me, if it is producing a good fruit of the Holy Spirit then it isn't isn't so important to argue against. Matthew 21:31, "Whether of them twain did the will of his father?"

I didn't expect for people to dodge and evade that question... I thought it was an opportunity towards resolution.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem not to be a Christian. At least not one in the normal sense of the word.
    I am a Christian in the Biblical sense.
    What you think is the normal sense of the word does not to appear to be Biblical.

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information