Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,632 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanja

So then you boast that your work of accepting Christ is what saves you.
    Yes, thats salvation by works, by what a man does. That leads to pride
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

George Affleck (September 13th, 2018),Nanja (September 13th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,310 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Its no gospel of Christ to teach sinners He died to save perish any way !
    You never quote scripture to make your point. Can it be there is none.

Salvation has been provided for EVERYONE, Hebrews 2:9. So that WHOSOEVER that calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 13th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,161 Times in 22,336 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post

Salvation has been provided for EVERYONE, Hebrews 2:9. So that WHOSOEVER that calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.
    Good post.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knight suggested that someone should do a thread on this. Here it is.

Jesus said, "Beware of men" Matthew 10:17. It is from men that false doctrines come. In the case of Calvinism it was John Calvin. All false religions are founded by men and are man centered. The purpose of religion whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion, or whatever religion is to lead you away from the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 4:4, into another Gospel, that is not the Gospel, Galatians 1:6-8.

The Calvinist is not interested in what God has done for him in Jesus Christ. The Calvinist is mainly pre-occupied in whether or not he has been predestinated to eternal life. He will search out the scriptures that he believes will support that he has been predestinated. It is all about him and is very subjective.

The glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ is not subjective, it is objective (out side of us). We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Gospel. The Gospel took place over 2,000 years ago before we were born, The Gospel is about how God in the person of Jesus Christ has reconciled us and the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. If God has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, then no one needs to be predestinated. The effects of this Gospel are very subjective when they are embraced and believed upon. All that believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ are given the Holy Spirit and are born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. The granting of the Holy Spirit is how God honors ones faith in his Son Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:13.

Calvinist, Catholics and other religions do not believe the life changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are outside of the faith and are under the judgment of God.

Mod Edit--The over the top lines removed.
    You are correct, in that Calvinism, Buddism, Catholicism, Mormonism, Scientology, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc, are all distractions away from the 'Gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."

As I've stated before, "Any doctrine that sways humanity away from the 'True Gospel' is influenced by Satan." Calvinism is no exception. However, I'm not thoroughly convinced that a 'true-blue' Calvinist can not be saved. As long as they have heard the Gospel (Paul's Gospel) and placed ALL of their faith in Christ and His death and resurrection, they are 'most likely,' saved by the shed blood of Christ.

Having said that, the main problem with the Calvinist doctrine is, their 'theory' of how humanity comes to Christ. They believe the Calvinist was 'chosen' before the foundation of the world, whereas, those that cling to the 'Gospel of the grace of God,' (as preached by the Apostle Paul) believe that, one is saved by 'hearing the Gospel and placing their faith in Christ and His shed blood on the cross for the sins of ALL humanity and subsequent resurrection. Therefore, those that follow 'Paul's Gospel' believe that humanity was created with a 'free-will' to choose what they wish to place their faith in. Whereas, the Calvinist believes that humanity has NO 'free-will' to choose. The reason being, Calvinism teaches that the Elect (those chosen by God's sovereign will) were chosen by God before the foundation of the world and the rest of humanity were thusly, chosen for eternal damnation.

Does God accept the Calvinist belief system of HOW one comes to salvation and eternal life, and those who cling to that particular doctrine? Will this doctrinal belief system interfere with the Calvinists eternal destination? Frankly, I don't know, that's up to God.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is such a thing as saving faith.

I can't see how you can dishonor God and insult his Son Jesus Christ and be saved. To say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is to say that God is an unjust tyrant. How can anyone possibly have faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing?

And then to insult his Son Jesus Christ by saying that he only atoned for some sins and not all sins is down right blasphemy. Sorry folks but my Bible teaches that Calvinist do NOT have faith in God, nor do they have faith in Jesus Christ.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,632 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scripture is true but you still dont believe that Christ Blood saved them He shed it for. That is unbelief

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

George Affleck (September 13th, 2018),Nanja (September 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The scripture is true but you still dont believe that Christ Blood saved them He shed it for. That is unbelief

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Do you suffer from 'Broken record syndrome?'

Over 4000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,134 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is such a thing as saving faith.

I can't see how you can dishonor God and insult his Son Jesus Christ and be saved. To say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is to say that God is an unjust tyrant. How can anyone possibly have faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing?

And then to insult his Son Jesus Christ by saying that he only atoned for some sins and not all sins is down right blasphemy. Sorry folks but my Bible teaches that Calvinist do NOT have faith in God, nor do they have faith in Jesus Christ.
    Mat 12:31-32 KJV
    (31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    (32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

How do you understand blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,091 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    So apart from the gospel everything found in the Bible is nothing but window dressing?
    That reminds me of what Hillel said.

On the "Golden Rule"
    Once there was a gentile who came before Shammai, and said to him: "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot. Shammai pushed him aside with the measuring stick he was holding. The same fellow came before Hillel, and Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it." - Babylonian Talmud, Shabbat 31a

Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. Selective grace is not grace at all. The word "grace" means God's unmerited favor towards fallen man. Not just some men, but all men. "God so loved the world" not just some of the world, but all of the world.
    God's Grace is never unmerited.
    There is always something a person has to do to merit God's Grace.

Romans 10:9-10
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

its our fault if we don't accept Christ as our savior.
    If you don't accept Christ as your savior, you haven't merited God's Grace.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    What types of backwards logic equates assuming fault with oneself as boasting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Doublespeak.
    Isn't it nice when a Calvinist self identifies that their backwards logic comes from doublespeak?

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    God's Grace is never unmerited.
    There is always something a person has to do to merit God's Grace.

Romans 10:9-10
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If you don't accept Christ as your savior, you haven't merited God's Grace.
    Dear Genuine: Do you know that repentance must be "granted"? I hate to be the bearer of discouraging news, but there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to "merit God's grace."

"NOT by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy has He saved us"

https://www.biblestudytools.com/titus/3-5-compare.html

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Dear Genuine: Do you know that repentance must be "granted"?
    That is a false doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of discouraging news, but there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to "merit God's grace."
    The adversary loves to make that statement, but the Word of God has something different to say.

James 4:6
    6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It wasn't so long ago that we ourselves were stupid and stubborn, dupes of sin, ordered every which way by our glands, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back. But when God, our kind and loving Savior God, stepped in, he saved us from all that. It was all his doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. God's gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives. And there's more life to come - an eternity of life!"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

George Affleck (September 13th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    Mat 12:31-32 KJV
    (31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    (32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

How do you understand blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is blasphemy against the Gospel. No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Salvation always has been and always will be by grace through faith. There will be many in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group that believe their religion is what saved them, Matthew 7:21-23.

Thread Information