User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Are babies going to populate "hell"?

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are babies going to populate "hell"?

Augustine believed re the pains of endless hell that those "of children dying unbaptized will be 'most mild of all'; but for all the chastisement will be eternal" (p.485).

(J.N.D. Kelly, "Early Christian Doctrines")

Or will such children all be forced by Calvinistic irresistible grace into heaven, without being allowed to make a freewill choice for or against Christ? Are they the lucky lottery winners over those in "hell" who weren't so lucky as to die in infancy? Salvation is, then, just a matter of pure 100% luck. And the Sovereign Omnipotent God Who is Love is the lucky lotto winner dispenser. If He loves you, you win the lotto. If not, too bad, he decided to let you fry alive forever. And if He chose you to die in infancy & therefore win the lotto, He doesn't care about your freewill. You'll be forced like a robot or puppet to do His will.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,580 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    Augustine believed re the pains of endless hell that those "of children dying unbaptized will be 'most mild of all'; but for all the chastisement will be eternal" (p.485).

Or will such children all be forced by Calvinistic irresistible grace into heaven, without being allowed to make a freewill choice for or against Christ? Are they the lucky lottery winners over those in "hell" who weren't so lucky as to die in infancy? Salvation is, then, just a matter of pure 100% luck. And the Sovereign Omnipotent God Who is Love is the lucky lotto winner dispenser. If He loves you, you win the lotto. If not, too bad, he decided to let you fry alive forever. And if He chose you to die in infancy & therefore win the lotto, He doesn't care about your freewill. You'll be forced like a robot or puppet to do His will.
    Calvinism is an false doctrine, any way you look at it. Calvinism changes the charactor of the God of the Bible. The ONLY way to receive forgiveness of ALL your sins and eternal life is through, hearing the Gospel and placing ALL your faith in Christ, which includes His death and resurrection. He shed His blood for the sins of ALL humanity, however, God requires your faith in order for you to receive the benefits of Christ's death and resurrection. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

In those two verses, 'God's Grace' is received through the placing of our faith in Christ and His shed blood on the cross, and belief of His resurrection, and not by us having to earn it through our own works.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (September 11th, 2018),glorydaz (September 9th, 2018),Right Divider (September 9th, 2018),Rosenritter (September 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1Co 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
    1Co 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
    1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

If a child is born to a family which has a believing mother or father then that baby will be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

A baby can not believe, so if it dies without a believing mother or fatther it will just lay in rest. No judgment, good or bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]If a child is born to a family which has a believing mother or father then that baby will be saved.
    All infants who die will be with the LORD. After all, since the Lord Jesus was made like His brothers in all things then all infants emerge from the womb just like the Lord Jesus as he emerged from the womb:

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people"
    (Heb.2:16-17).

Here is how David said that He was made:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well"
    (Ps.139:13-14).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 9th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,163 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are babies going to populate "hell"?
    "But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished." (Revelation 20:5)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jamie For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (September 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    All infants who die will be with the LORD. After all, since the Lord Jesus was made like His brothers in all things then all infants emerge from the womb just like the Lord Jesus as he emerged from the womb:

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people"
    (Heb.2:16-17).

Here is how David said that He was made:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well"
    (Ps.139:13-14).
    Whenever one quotes scripture, it is speaking to or about God's children. The bible is for and about his children.

In your scriptures it spoke of Abraham and his children and David, all being children of God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
    Whenever one quotes scripture, it is speaking to or about God's children. The bible is for and about his children.

In your scriptures it spoke of Abraham and his children and David, all being children of God.
    The following words are speaking about "mankind":

"'Look,' says the Teacher, 'this is what I have discovered: Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things--while I was still searching but not finding--I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all. This only have I found: God created mankind upright, but they have gone in search of many schemes'" (Eccl.7:25-29).

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said
    [Jhn 3:3, 5-7
    3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
    5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 675 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting how your Holy Book does not seem to provide a consistent answer. Would have thought your deity would be clearer.

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,044 Times in 4,442 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Interesting how your Holy Book does not seem to provide a consistent answer. Would have thought your deity would be clearer.
    It does, it just requires more studying of His word than you're willing to put in.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 9th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (September 9th, 2018),ok doser (September 9th, 2018),Right Divider (September 9th, 2018),Rosenritter (September 9th, 2018),ttruscott (September 9th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,385 Times in 4,755 Posts

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what are you expecting to see?

something like this?

21 and Jesus spoke to the multitude saying "What are you guys, total retards? Of course babies don't go to hell." Then doth He facepalmed

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (September 11th, 2018),glorydaz (September 9th, 2018),JudgeRightly (September 9th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 678 Posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    what are you expecting to see?

something like this?

21 and Jesus spoke to the multitude saying "What are you guys, total retards? Of course babies don't go to hell." Then doth He facepalmed
    Sounds like a good moment.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eeset For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 9th, 2018),ok doser (September 9th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The following words of the Lord Jesus about "little children" prove that He did not believe that little children will populate hell:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'"
    (Mt.19:13-14).

At another place we see the Lord Jesus speaking about children and here the same truth can be seen:

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven"
    (Mt.18:1-4).

We can also see that children are also described as being "an heritage of the Lord":

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward"
    (Ps.127:3).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (September 11th, 2018),glorydaz (September 9th, 2018)

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,746 Times in 7,822 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Augustine.
    Who?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 9th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you have no understanding of the purpose of the Bible. It is NOT to convince those condemned already as proof of HIS reality but to help focus the truth for those called by HIS Spirit to be redeemed. The Bible's answer is perfectly consistent with itself. It is men's misunderstandings that cause the inconsistencies which are allowed so as to separate the sheep, those who can hear His voice, from the goats, those who are condemned already who cannot hear His voice.
    I Champion GODís holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

Thread Information