User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81

Thread: Trump impeachment

  1. #1
    Patron Saint of SMACK Delmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7,610
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 865 Times in 720 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    751535

    Trump impeachment

    If you believe Donald Trump is not qualified to be president because he is an adulterous liar, I do agree. If you believe being an adulterous liar does not disqualify a President, but paying his bimbo to hide his adultery (with money that did not come from campaign funds) is a crime that justifies his removal from office,you are just being silly.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delmar For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 5th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018),Rusha (September 1st, 2018)

  3. #2
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,380
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked 10,640 Times in 7,753 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826
    Who is Donaldtrump?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  4. #3
    Patron Saint of SMACK Delmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7,610
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 865 Times in 720 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    751535
    You're fired!


    How you doing Stripe?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Delmar For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

  6. #4
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,380
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked 10,640 Times in 7,753 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826
    Delmar!!! Didn't recognize you for a minute there. I'm doing well. Getting ready to take the little one to church.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

  8. #5
    Over 6000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    1,348
    Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,933 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1051560
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    If you believe Donald Trump is not qualified to be president because he is an adulterous liar, I do agree. If you believe being an adulterous liar does not disqualify a President, but paying his bimbo to hide his adultery (with money that did not come from campaign funds) is a crime that justifies his removal from office,you are just being silly.
    Any money spent by a candidate or a campaign to effect the outcome of the election has to be reported. You or I can spend money to inuence the outcome of an election as long as we don't coordinate with the campaign about it, but the candidate cannot.

    The telling thing here is the fact that if this has been done officially through the campaign, it would probably have been legal. Candidates are allowed to donate as much of their own money to their campaigns as they want. All he would have had to do is make a donation to his campaign in his own name, and the law wouldn't have cared. But then, campaigns have reporting obligations.

    It is the secrecy that is the problem. Americans have a right to know some basic details about that candidates bidding to represent them.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (September 1st, 2018),Rusha (September 1st, 2018)

  10. #6
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,380
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked 10,640 Times in 7,753 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Americans have a right to know some basic details about that candidates bidding to represent them.


    You didn't know enough about Trump already?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

  12. #7
    Over 6000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    1,348
    Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,933 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1051560
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post


    You didn't know enough about Trump already?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Oh, I've known plenty about him forever, to make up my own mind. But you know perfectly we'll what would have happened if Hillary Clinton had deliberately violated campaign finance law to hide secrets.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

    Rusha (September 1st, 2018)

  14. #8
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,845
    Thanks
    2,064
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 4,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Americans have a right to know some basic details about that candidates bidding to represent them.
    can you point to anything in the constitution that enumerates a citizen's right to know about a candidate's sexual habits?

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    glorydaz (September 1st, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (September 2nd, 2018),lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

  16. #9
    Over 6000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    1,348
    Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,933 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1051560
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    can you point to anything in the constitution that enumerates a citizen's right to know about a candidate's sexual habits?
    I didn't suggest there was such a provision in the Constitution, as you well know.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

    Rusha (September 2nd, 2018)

  18. #10
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,845
    Thanks
    2,064
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 4,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    ok, so where does this "right" come from?

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    glorydaz (September 1st, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (September 2nd, 2018),lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

  20. #11
    . Eeset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,247
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 676 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1619731
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    ok, so where does this "right" come from?
    the 28th amendment.

  21. #12
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,845
    Thanks
    2,064
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 4,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    of course

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

  23. #13
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,217
    Thanks
    14,336
    Thanked 36,722 Times in 18,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Any money spent by a candidate or a campaign to effect the outcome of the election has to be reported. You or I can spend money to inuence the outcome of an election as long as we don't coordinate with the campaign about it, but the candidate cannot.

    The telling thing here is the fact that if this has been done officially through the campaign, it would probably have been legal. Candidates are allowed to donate as much of their own money to their campaigns as they want. All he would have had to do is make a donation to his campaign in his own name, and the law wouldn't have cared. But then, campaigns have reporting obligations.

    It is the secrecy that is the problem. Americans have a right to know some basic details about that candidates bidding to represent them.
    When Trump was elected, it was a well known fact that he had a checkered past. His paying off a stripper was not against the law, nor was it a campaign expense. Nice try, though.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (September 2nd, 2018),lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

  25. #14
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,217
    Thanks
    14,336
    Thanked 36,722 Times in 18,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Oh, I've known plenty about him forever, to make up my own mind. But you know perfectly we'll what would have happened if Hillary Clinton had deliberately violated campaign finance law to hide secrets.
    She did, and so did Obama.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (September 2nd, 2018),lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018),ok doser (September 1st, 2018)

  27. #15
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,845
    Thanks
    2,064
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 4,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Any money spent by a candidate or a campaign to effect the outcome of the election has to be reported.
    did hillary report the money spent for breakfast the day of the second debate?

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    glorydaz (September 2nd, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (September 2nd, 2018),lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us