User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90

Thread: What the McCain Eulogies Tell Us About the Media and the Regime

  1. #16
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Buchanan represents a failure of nerve; a loss of confidence in America as the founders saw it.
    an America that celebrates the perversity of homosexualism?

    an America that has allowed the slaughter of some 55 million babies since 1973?

    an America that wallows in decadence and filth?

    an America in which the institution of marriage has become a perverted joke?


    is this the America that the founders had confidence they were building?

  2. #17
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    372011
    Barbarian observes:
    Buchanan represents a failure of nerve; a loss of confidence in America as the founders saw it.

    (Fluffbutton objects)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    an America that celebrates the perversity of homosexualism?
    You have that on your mind way too much. Not healthy for you. If you're not homosexual, it's really not worth worrying about. If you are, you need to find a way to come to terms with it.

    an America that wallows in decadence and filth?
    The White House is not a representative sample of Americans.

    an America in which the institution of marriage has become a perverted joke?
    A political leader isn't necessarily representative of Americans.

    is this the America that the founders had confidence they were building?
    I think they'd be puzzled and appalled by at least one of the people in Washington right now.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    exminister (September 8th, 2018),WizardofOz (August 30th, 2018)

  4. #18
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    that was a very clever and funny response

    good for you!



    i noticed that you didn't appear to give a crap about all those dead babies

  5. #19
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,974
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    639972
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Honor and duty. And decency. Would you like some more examples?
    It would have been "decent" if John McCain would have run as a democrat, as he worked closely with them during his time in political office, and as seen after his death, is worshipped by them.

    "The Arizona Republican Party has formally reprimanded Sen. John McCain, censuring him for a liberal voting record and working with Democrats in Washington.
    The state party adopted a resolution by voice vote condemning the five-term senator for a record that is “disastrous and harmful” to the nation during a party meeting in Tempe on Saturday. The resolution knocks McCain for being critical of his party’s conservative wing while staying “eerily silent against liberals,” working closely with Democrats on immigration reform and not backing a conservative strategy to defund Obamacare, which McCain long warned would result in October’s government shutdown."
    https://www.politico.com/story/2014/...ona-gop-102617

    That being said: Was it "decent" that John McCain left his disfigured wife behind for a beauty queen who was the daughter of a multi millionaire?

    As I recall, you were the one that wrote about McCain's adulterous affair when he was running for POTUS against Obama.

    "...when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969. Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.
    When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons
    had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall, willowy figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter.
    Through sheer hard work, Carol learned to walk again. But when John McCain came home from Vietnam, she had gained a lot of weight and bore little resemblance to her old self.
    Today, she stands at just 5ft4in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screws and metal plates and, at 70, her face is worn by wrinkles that speak of decades of silent suffering.
    For nearly 30 years, Carol has maintained a dignified silence about the accident, McCain and their divorce. But last week at the bungalow where she now lives at Virginia Beach, a faded seaside resort 200 miles south of Washington, she told The Mail on Sunday how McCain divorced her in 1980 and married Cindy, 18 years his junior and the heir to an Arizona brewing fortune, just one month later.

    … Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ft-behind.html

    Ya know barbarian, I think had John McCain been a staunch conservative, you and your liberal allies would have been "less forgiving" of him for abandoning his crippled wife for a rich beauty queen.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to aCultureWarrior For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (August 27th, 2018)

  7. #20
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,226
    Thanks
    17,295
    Thanked 33,181 Times in 22,345 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147909
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    It would have been "decent" if John McCain would have run as a democrat, as he worked closely with them during his time in political office, and as seen after his death, is worshipped by them.

    "The Arizona Republican Party has formally reprimanded Sen. John McCain, censuring him for a liberal voting record and working with Democrats in Washington.
    The state party adopted a resolution by voice vote condemning the five-term senator for a record that is “disastrous and harmful” to the nation during a party meeting in Tempe on Saturday. The resolution knocks McCain for being critical of his party’s conservative wing while staying “eerily silent against liberals,” working closely with Democrats on immigration reform and not backing a conservative strategy to defund Obamacare, which McCain long warned would result in October’s government shutdown."
    https://www.politico.com/story/2014/...ona-gop-102617

    That being said: Was it "decent" that John McCain left his disfigured wife behind for a beauty queen who was the daughter of a multi millionaire?

    As I recall, you were the one that wrote about McCain's adulterous affair when he was running for POTUS against Obama.

    "...when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969. Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.
    When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons
    had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall, willowy figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter.
    Through sheer hard work, Carol learned to walk again. But when John McCain came home from Vietnam, she had gained a lot of weight and bore little resemblance to her old self.
    Today, she stands at just 5ft4in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screws and metal plates and, at 70, her face is worn by wrinkles that speak of decades of silent suffering.
    For nearly 30 years, Carol has maintained a dignified silence about the accident, McCain and their divorce. But last week at the bungalow where she now lives at Virginia Beach, a faded seaside resort 200 miles south of Washington, she told The Mail on Sunday how McCain divorced her in 1980 and married Cindy, 18 years his junior and the heir to an Arizona brewing fortune, just one month later.

    … Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ft-behind.html

    Ya know barbarian, I think had John McCain been a staunch conservative, you and your liberal allies would have been "less forgiving" of him for abandoning his crippled wife for a rich beauty queen.



    I wonder if the 'far-left Dems' will nominate McCain for sainthood next?

  8. #21
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    372011
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Ya know barbarian, I think had John McCain been a staunch conservative, you and your liberal allies would have been "less forgiving" of him for abandoning his crippled wife for a rich beauty queen.
    I mentioned that as one of his moral failures. It's why I said he was an imperfect human being. On the other hand, he didn't make a career of betraying wives, did he?

    He was more conservative than moderate, but he never let ideology stop him from doing what he considered to be the right thing. Good on him for that.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (August 28th, 2018)

  10. #22
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    372011
    Who complained about the White House flag?

    Traditionally, the death of somebody of McCain's stature would see flags flying at half-staff until their burial.

    The White House was urged by senators of both parties to honour that protocol, and critics asked why a proclamation had not been issued as it was after the deaths of other political figures, such as former First Lady Barbara Bush.

    Senior Democrat Chuck Schumer and top Republican Mitch McConnell said the flags on all government buildings should be at half-staff for the late senator until his burial next Sunday.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45323772
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (August 28th, 2018)

  12. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,137
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,152 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    an America that celebrates the perversity of homosexualism?

    an America that has allowed the slaughter of some 55 million babies since 1973?

    an America that wallows in decadence and filth?

    an America in which the institution of marriage has become a perverted joke?

    is this the America that the founders had confidence they were building?
    Given that most of the Founding Fathers had no moral reservations about owning slaves (they all must have been Democrats), they envisioned a "white" America with no provision made for other "racial" groups!

    Does anyone seriously think that it will be "The Donald" that will vanquish decadence and filth - leading America back to the "Promised Land!"

  13. #24
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Given that most of the Founding Fathers had no moral reservations about owning slaves (they all must have been Democrats), they envisioned a "white" America with no provision made for other "racial" groups!

    Does anyone seriously think that it will be "The Donald" that will vanquish decadence and filth - leading America back to the "Promised Land!"


    the promised land of a white america with no other racial groups?




    wait a minute - can we keep asian women?

  14. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,137
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,152 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    [/I][/B]

    I wonder if the 'far-left Dems' will nominate McCain for sainthood next?
    John McCain was seriously injured, deprived of medical care while spending 5 years as a prisoner of war at the Hanoi Hilton!

    Meanwhile, Donald J Trump, who receive 5 military deferments for "bone spurs," was living the pampered life of a rich, entitled New York playboy!

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (August 29th, 2018),exminister (September 8th, 2018),Rusha (August 28th, 2018)

  16. #26
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    given the choice, i'd go with b

  17. #27
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,762
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 651 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    365542
    Trump's response showed his lack of class, or understanding of the majority of Americans

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonahdog For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (August 29th, 2018),Rusha (August 28th, 2018)

  19. #28
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    372011
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Is that a fact? Any examples?
    I thought this was a really good example:

    Brett Kavanaugh is an originalist. He believes in the original words in the Constitution and the meaning the original founders gave them.

    However, the people who wrote and voted for the Constitution were compromisers. Some believed in a strong national government some in a weak government, some in a strong US Army, some in strong local militias, some believed in slavery, some didn’t. They were compromisers, like John McCain. They believed in a “more perfect union.” They knew they weren’t perfect.

    Kavanaugh thinks he knows what the founders believed in, even though they all believed different things. We need people like John McCain and the founders on the Supreme Court, especially now — people who know they don’t have all the answers but can compromise on a solution; people who can make decisions which allow all the people to “pursue happiness.”

    https://www.newtownbee.com/mccain-an...omise/08282018
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Kit the Coyote (August 28th, 2018),Rusha (August 28th, 2018)

  21. #29
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Trump's response showed his lack of class...
    A lack of class?

    How can you say that?

    Everything about the man oozes class

    and humility

    and restraint

    and consideration for others

  22. #30
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,974
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    639972
    Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
    Ya know barbarian, I think had John McCain been a staunch conservative, you and your liberal allies would have been "less forgiving" of him for abandoning his crippled wife for a rich beauty queen.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I mentioned that as one of his moral failures.
    Adultery and abandoning your crippled wife for a rich beauty queen definitely is a "moral failure".

    It's why I said he was an imperfect human being. On the other hand, he didn't make a career of betraying wives, did he?
    There you go being judgmental on serial adulterers barbarian, after all, they're just "imperfect human beings".

    He was more conservative than moderate, but he never let ideology stop him from doing what he considered to be the right thing. Good on him for that.
    So the Arizona Republican Party reprimanded John McCain for being conservative?

    Let' see what they had to say about their "more conservative than moderate" Senator:


    As leaders in the Republican Party, we are obligated to fully support our Party, platform, and its candidates. Only in times of great crisis or betrayal is it necessary to publicly censure our leaders. Today we are faced with both. For too long we have waited, hoping Senator McCain would return to our Party’s values on his own. That has not happened. So with sadness and humility we rise and declare:

    Whereas Senator McCain has amassed a long and terrible record of drafting, co-sponsoring and voting for legislation best associated with liberal Democrats, such as Amnesty, funding for ObamaCare, the debt ceiling, liberal nominees, assaults on the Constitution and 2nd amendment; and

    Whereas this record has been disastrous and harmful to Arizona and the United States; and

    Whereas Senator McCain has campaigned as a conservative and made promises during his re-election campaigns, such as the needed and welcomed promise to secure our borders and finish the border fence, only to quickly flip-flop on those promises; and

    Whereas McCain has abandoned our values and has been eerily silent against Liberals, yet publicly reprimands Conservatives in his own Party, therefore

    BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED that the Arizona Republican leadership censures Senator McCain for his continued disservice to our State and Nation, and

    BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that until he consistently champions our Party’s Platform, we, the Republican leadership in Arizona will no longer support, campaign for or endorse John McCain as our U.S. Senator.

    http://images.politico.com/global/20...can_party.html

    It's looks like the Arizona GOP abandoned John McCain, and it wasn't even for a rich beauty queen.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us