User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: We have no will of our own ??????

  1. #31
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,386
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 10,650 Times in 7,762 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The truth is not to be debated.
    And how will we know what the truth is? The every word that flows from your mouth?

    Messiah is the truth personified and denial of truth is a denial of Him.
    Why don't you believe Him then?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (September 20th, 2018),Tambora (September 20th, 2018)

  3. #32
    Over 1500 post club Faither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,759
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 151 Times in 125 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1659
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The truth is not to be debated. Messiah is the truth personified and denial of truth is a denial of Him.

    It's not a debate , it's supposed to be iron sharpening iron .

    I put my understandings on the table to be tested and hopefully , someone can bless me with a better understanding , so I may know Jesus better .

    And you should also put your understandings on the table to be tested that maybe you might be blessed with a better understanding .

    But if we can't be honest with ourselves , it's all for not . I present solid facts about how the Salvation journey begins . And because you can't replace my understanding with a better understanding , you misrepresent , personal attack , and call names . Is that really the way you want God to see you .

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faither For Your Post:

    glorydaz (September 20th, 2018),Stripe (August 15th, 2018)

  5. #33
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    51,233
    Thanks
    159,914
    Thanked 46,693 Times in 28,811 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148173
    Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
    There is false understanding among some , that we have no will of our own . That if we are one of the called out ones , God does everything for us , we have no choice to choose Him .

    So if this is true , how were the Angels , created beings , who's only purpose is to serve God and mankind , able to " choose " to rebel against God ?

    As the result of their choice , a third were removed from the presence of God . Why would Angels have a choice to follow Him , but we don't ?
    We do have a will of our own insofar as we can choose to do or not do the things that are within our capability.
    Which is really no different in principle that GOD can choose to do or not do the things that within HIS capability.

    We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    glorydaz (September 20th, 2018)

  7. #34
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,254
    Thanks
    14,377
    Thanked 36,763 Times in 18,357 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after Elohim".


    Which part of none is giving you problems?
    Romans 3:10-11 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

    Truster should read the Scripture this was taken from. Then he might not keep using it incorrectly.

    Psalm 14 and Psalm 53 both speak of the fool who has said in his heart there is no God. Those workers of iniquity. "God is in the generation of the righteous".

    As for seeking after God....

    Gen. 4:25-26 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. 26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 20th, 2018)

  9. #35
    Over 1500 post club Faither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,759
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 151 Times in 125 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1659
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    We do have a will of our own insofar as we can choose to do or not do the things that are within our capability.
    Which is really no different in principle that GOD can choose to do or not do the things that within HIS capability.
    What is your point exactly ?

  10. #36
    Over 500 post club ttruscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17879
    Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
    I'm questioning those who say we don't have any will of our own , to the point we aren't even capable of choosing to follow Christ . They say God does everything for us .

    My question is , that if the angels in heaven God created could choose to rebel against Him , why wouldn't the called out ones have the same capability , to either follow Him or rebel against Him ?

    How do people come to the conclusion we have no choice to follow Him or not ?
    I believe it is because 1. they believe that we are created at conception or at birth and 2. we are born sinners enslaved to sin so there is no time or place for us to have a will free of sin.

    Since I reject the created on earth theory of mankind, I believe all beings created in the image of GOD (yes, angels too) were created at the same time with a free will in the spirit world before the creation of the physical universe. I believe that we all had an equal ability and opportunity to CHOOSE to become either perfectly eternally holy and righteous or to become perfectly eternally evil in HIS sight.

    By our free will all of creation was separated into:
    1.
    the elect, those who accepted YHWH's claims to be our GOD and put their faith in HIS Son as saviour and were chosen to be
    HIS Bride under the promise of salvation from any and all future sin;

    2.
    the reprobate non-elect who chose to put their faith in the idea that YHWH was a liar and a false god driven by the power of evil (thus becoming eternally evil by this blasphemy of the Spirit); condemned for non-belief already, Jn 3:18.

    3.
    and the sinful elect (lost sheep, sinful good seed) who became sinful in rebellion against their GOD probably over the issue of the judgement of the non-elect which would have been the next order of business after all choices were made but which was postponed because the sinful good seed would be pulled up with the tares if the judgement was not postponed. These are the believers who are sinful but not condemned because they are under the promise of election, mentioned in Jn 3:18.

    Since these are the sinful elect spirits sown (not created, the devil sows also) by the Son of Man into the world Matt 13:36-39, we have no free will until our rebirth frees us from the enslavement of the addiction to evil but our fate was self chosen by us and now we live lives predestined to conform to our choices and sinfulness so as to have the election promise of salvation redeem us the best way possible.
    I Champion GODís holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

    I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us