Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 4,794 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I Felt Lowest in My Faith

I began when I was about five years old; I would lie in bed at night and think, "What if God did not like me, then where would I go?" "Who would care about me, if not God, some other supreme being?"

Being a precocious and capricious child, I would ask my parents and the minister about how would I know if God liked me, they never gave me a satisfactory answer! I asked God to send me a friendly angel and kept asking for this until I was six years old. No angel came and I continued to believe God did not like me!

By age seven, I realised many persons, grown-ups too, had prayed for things unanswered; they also did not get as much as a reply. I never believed then, in any mystical, or metaphorical explanations, rather, I believed if God liked me, then He would talk to me, even if it was a 'no' answer.

This went on until I was close to, or eight years old. After that I began to understand more, and from that point on believed in Jesus and having faith was what would please God. His not answering me was not unusual.

So when I read about some of you falling out of faith after young adulthood, I have to wonder, am I that much brighter, or more mature than all of you who did not have questions until much later in life?
    So, what?

believe it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 5th, 2018)

Thread Information