Thanked 1,481 Times in 1,437 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are the usward ?

2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

The word us-ward is the pronoun hēmas which means:

1. us, we, our etc.

Peter here is identifying himself with the us-ward, and to them hes writing this epistle. Now who are they ? Simple 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

The word us here and the word us-ward in 2 Pet 3:9 are both the plural for egō which means me or my.

So Peter is writing to they who have with him obtained like precious faith and its to them God is longsuffering to.

Also 2 Pet is another letter to the same people Peter identifies as Gods elect in 1 Pet 1:1

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

So again the us-ward in 2 Pet 3:9 are the elect or chosen of God

And their salvation is ensured by sanctification of the spirit and belief of the truth 2 Thess 2:13

And so the Longsuffering to the us-ward is Salvation 2 Pet 3:15

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

​So the us-ward in 2 Pet 3:9 isnt everybody without exception but to all chosen to Salvation unto obtaining like precious faith !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

ttruscott (August 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

The word us-ward is the pronoun hēmas which means:

1. us, we, our etc.

Peter here is identifying himself with the us-ward, and to them hes writing this epistle. Now who are they ? Simple 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

The word us here and the word us-ward in 2 Pet 3:9 are both the plural for egō which means me or my.

So Peter is writing to they who have with him obtained like precious faith and its to them God is longsuffering to.

Also 2 Pet is another letter to the same people Peter identifies as Gods elect in 1 Pet 1:1

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

So again the us-ward in 2 Pet 3:9 are the elect or chosen of God

And their salvation is ensured by sanctification of the spirit and belief of the truth 2 Thess 2:13

And so the Longsuffering to the us-ward is Salvation 2 Pet 3:15

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

So the us-ward in 2 Pet 3:9 isnt everybody without exception but to all chosen to Salvation unto obtaining like precious faith !

Amen Brother !

The us-ward in 2 Pet. 3:9 are those whom it was not God's Purpose [hina] and will that any should perish.

The Greek word for perish is apollymi and means:

metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell

to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...ngs=G622&t=KJV

So we know that the "us-ward" 1n 2 Pet. 3:9 cannot be everybody without exception, simply because many shall never be given Faith / Belief in Christ which is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22, for Christ was never their savior John 8:44, and so consequently they shall die in their sins John 8:24.

2 Pet. 2:9
    The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly [the us-ward 2 Pet. 3:9] out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Rev. 22:11
    He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Rev. 21:8
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (August 4th, 2018),ttruscott (August 12th, 2018)

Thread Information