User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Why do national leaders only get a few years?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,924 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why do national leaders only get a few years?
    Given the breaking news. some current national leaders might be getting more than just a few years.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

rexlunae (August 21st, 2018),Rusha (August 22nd, 2018),Town Heretic (August 22nd, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,855 Times in 4,309 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    How is it? If it's a random lottery then you could (and most likely would have) someone completely unqualified to hold office.
    Equally, and perhaps more, likely is choosing someone who is really really good at leading.

You would agree that good leaders generally don't have a pre-existing desire to rule, correct?

Would his support staff be elected in the same random fashion?

No. Staff selection would be at the King's discretion.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,933 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Given the breaking news. some current national leaders might be getting more than just a few years.
    Donald Trump was just implicated in a felony in court documents. Two Republican Congressmen have been indicted in the last couple of weeks.

The Republican Party is rotten to the core. Where is Paul Ryan? He must be interviewing for his lobbying career.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Rusha (August 22nd, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,925 Times in 4,340 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    trump, for example, will probably be potus until 2025

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 21st, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 1,680 Posts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Duh!

Even so, it's still the best way to choose a leader.
    It is?

Text in question....

Acts 1:v23-26
    So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabass (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24:Then they prayed, "Lord,you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two men you have chosen 25: to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." 26:Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

This was BEFORE the Holy Spirit. Now that he has come, there is no need for lots as it would now boarder on divination
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    It is?

Text in question....

Acts 1:v23-26
    So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabass (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24:Then they prayed, "Lord,you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two men you have chosen 25: to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." 26:Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

This was BEFORE the Holy Spirit. Now that he has come, there is no need for lots as it would now boarder on divination
    I believe that Bob's article on casting lots addresses your point.

https://kgov.com/casting-lots-in-the-Bible

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 1,680 Posts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I believe that Bob's article on casting lots addresses your point.

https://kgov.com/casting-lots-in-the-Bible
    JR, I was reading Enyart before you ever came on the scene so spare me the Bob addressed this stuff. I am not talking to Bob. I am talking to you. I have read almost everything Enyart has put out for public consumption. Including that. Sure, casting lots could be used for good or evil. But that in no way addresses what I said.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,925 Times in 4,340 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "get off my lawn ya darned kid!"

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    JR, I was reading Enyart before you ever came on the scene so spare me the Bob addressed this stuff. I am not talking to Bob. I am talking to you. I have read almost everything Enyart has put out for public consumption. Including that. Sure, casting lots could be used for good or evil. But that in no way addresses what I said.
    No need to get snarky.

I gave you the link because he addressed your concern in the "exercise humility" section.

Casting Lots Shows Humility before God and Man: "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord." Prov. 16:33 Some might assume that this passage provides a mechanism to guarantee supernatural information. However, hermeneutically, by looking at the immediate and the wider context, that assumption does not hold up. The immediate context has nothing to do with special revelation but it is about one's heart attitude, for the preceding verse is about anger and the following one is about strife. And book-wide, Proverbs does not deal with supernatural manifestations but with topics like self-control, understanding, judgment, wisdom, and equity.

Thus, as to which brother inherits their father's car, or their father's truck, if God were to come down and arbitrate, His answer would be that He doesn't care which man gets which, but he cares about the condition of each man's heart. For a man who's father had died went to Jesus and asked a question about inheritance, but he would have received the same answer if he had merely cast lots:

“Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?” And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.” Luke 12:13-15

The man could have gotten this answer from the Lord, or he could have arrived at the exact same result if he were willing to cast lots, for God cares more about the attitude of your heart than whether you or your brother inherits your father's car or his truck.

Thread Information