Thread: The Restitution Of All Things AKA Universalism

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Ummm, scripture specifically says of Judas that it would better if he had never been born because of his betrayal of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    We don't have to guess or speculate because scripture plainly tells us the destiny of Judas, and it ain't good.
    If you had read the post of mine you are responding to you would have seen that was already addressed & as such you have not addressed my comments in that regard. For all you know, Judas is already in heaven. Now.

16 For by Him ***ALL*** was created that are in HEAVEN and that are on EARTH, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
    All was created through Him and for Him.
    20 and by Him to reconcile ***ALL*** to Himself, by Him, whether on EARTH or in HEAVEN, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregoryN For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (August 8th, 2018),FineLinen (August 24th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    If you had read the post of mine you are responding to you would have seen that was already addressed & as such you have not addressed my comments in that regard. For all you know, Judas is already in heaven. Now.

16 For by Him ***ALL*** was created that are in HEAVEN and that are on EARTH, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
    20 and by Him to reconcile ***ALL*** to Himself, by Him, whether on EARTH or in HEAVEN, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
    Is that the radical all/pas? From the depth of your posts, it becomes evident you are most likely aware of the enhancement of pas!

That lovely word= ta pavnte= the all.

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends..."

Perhaps the following is more of our cup of tea?>>>>>>>>

"He is the Source of the all, He is the Guide of the all, He is the Goal of the all.."

My friend: from one Newbie to another: welcome!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

GregoryN (August 8th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome To What Abba Cherishes

"For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One.

It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

In Him we have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will, so that we should be devoted to the extolling of His glorious attributes--we who were the first to fix our hopes on Christ."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

GeoffW (August 12th, 2018),GregoryN (August 8th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God's sovereignty is everywhere to be traced: the error lies in failing to see that this sovereignty is that of Love.

Again it has been well said that there is no such thing as "pure evil ;" "so unrestrained is the inundation of the principle of good into selfishness and sin itself." - EMERSON on Circles. "There is a soul of goodness in things evil," says the greatest of Englishmen.

We have hints in Scripture that by evil permitted and overcome, something is gained which, perhaps, could not have been otherwise had, e.g., there is "more joy over one repenting sinner, than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance."

And if there is more joy in heaven, there is more love on earth from the same source, "for to whom little is forgiven the same loves little." Sin is very often the result of ignorance; how far this consideration goes I do not decide, but may there not be an element of ignorance in all sin?

Nor should we forget that in sinning, if I may say so, the raw material is very often the same as in the practice of virtue, but turned the wrong way - "there is," says EMERSON, "no moral deformity but is a good passion out of place. I have steadily enforced the guilt of sin, but it remains true that to sin greatly often demands the same qualities, that rightly used would have been great virtues.

Whatever the value of the above considerations, the larger hope has nothing to fear from any theory of sin that can be maintained. Take a lenient view of human guilt, and you thereby shut out endless penalty. Take the very sternest view, and the perpetuation of this awful hostility to God becomes inconceivable.

-Christ Triumphant-

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Outcome Of Infinite Grace=

http://www.mercyuponall.org/pdfs-cli...te-grace-1947/

I was just going into the Study when the idea struck me. And the effect was to stop me in my tracks. There in the half-opened door I faced anew one of the old, well-known verses of the Bible and from that day I have had a completely new Bible, and an increasingly wonderful God.

Continued Below

http://www.theheraldofgodsgrace.org/...initeGrace.htm

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,469 Times in 5,025 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    It's a nice thought, but utterly impractical.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Why is it "impractical"?

Well this is fun isn't it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Why is it "impractical"?

Dear Arthur Brain: The God who rescued my sorry life over 60 years ago does not have in His middle Name "practical"! Extra-ordinary could be there, and beyond, beyond, but "practical" falls a mite short, to say the least. Well, my friend, some other dude wiser than F.L. can figure it out.

Now: where were we?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (August 8th, 2018),GregoryN (August 8th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ClementofA has posted=

If God is NOT going to save all mankind no matter what, why is there not one single verse where God, Himself or Jesus Himself clearly states that all mankind will NOT be saved?

In fact, why aren't there dozens of verses - CLEARLY - stating, in unambiguous terms, that some will NEVER be saved? If such a monstrous, horrific thing were true, you'd think Love Omnipotent Crucified would have warned us - clearly - not only once, but dozens of times. What else would be more important in all the Scriptures. Yet - nowhere - NOT ONCE - can such be found. Therefore, the teaching of endless tortures is clearly false.

"Never" (Mt.7:23, etc)...this word appears to occur 16 times in the NT & it seems that it never means anything except "never". It is used of "love never fails" (1 Cor.13:8). It also occurs in Mt.7:23 where Jesus says "I never knew you; depart you from Me, those working lawlessness." Which is such an incredibly lame remark, if Love Omnipotent believed in endless torments. If He believed that such an unspeakably horrific final destiny awaits the wicked, including those He was referring to in Mt.7:23, why didn't He make it clear by telling them that they would "never" be saved and/or He would "never" know them? Would that not have been clear & unambiguous, unlike the words He spoke, & unlike the ambiguous aion & aionios, which often refer to finite duration in ancient Koine Greek? OTOH consider re the use of the word "never":

"Philo saith, “The punishment of the wicked person is, ζην αποθανοντα αει, to live for ever dying, and to be for ever in pains, and griefs, and calamities that never cease..." http://biblehub.com/commentaries/benson/mark/9.htm

If Jesus wished to express endless punishment, then He would have used expressions such as "endless", "no end" & "never be saved" as per:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chri....ation-not.html

Jesus didn't use the best words & expressions to describe endlessness in regards to punishment, because He didn't believe in endless punishment.

Examples of aionios as a finite duration in Koine Greek:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l-ancient.html

"The simplest way to know if someone is preaching the gospel of grace is to evaluate whether the teaching glorifies our Lord Jesus."

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf
    http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/un...versalism.html

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    The people being separated to the right and left all acknowledge Jesus as their Lord, so they are all Christians.
    Atheists do not believe in Jesus as their Lord, so their kindness will not count for anything.
    It will have done for those who benefited from it, but hey...

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

annabenedetti (August 8th, 2018),FineLinen (August 9th, 2018),GregoryN (August 8th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,117 Times in 20,053 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Originally Posted by FineLinen

"I am anxious to impress You!"

Dear glorydaz. This may be a terrible challenge for you, but would you be so kind as to present the context for this statement speaking volumes. It would not be with the powers of ten video would it?

Context, context, context!

"Dear Father: Can you see Stripe and I? No, the woman at the picnic is NOT Stripe!

I am anxious to impress You!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKBhvDjuy0
    It's never a challenge for me to detect personal digs against other posters. I don't need to view your youtube site to see what you did there.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,117 Times in 20,053 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post

It's simple to list out chapter and verse.

Make that extra effort, and you might receive a special reward.

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder if those who are so assured of other people's eternal suffering would be quite so dismissive if it were someone closer to home. There's times that I've known of where people shackled by such a doctrine have been shaken out of it, through tragedy unfortunately.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

annabenedetti (August 8th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    I wonder if those who are so assured of other people's eternal suffering would be quite so dismissive if it were someone closer to home. There's times that I've known of where people shackled by such a doctrine have been shaken out of it, through tragedy unfortunately.
    Dear A.B.: Sometimes it takes some of the trials we all face to drive us to our God!

"Godliness isn't about destroying sinful people; it's about changing hearts."

Dear Jerwade: why with only 10 words can you sum up the situation?

Your quote with only ten words stands in lustre. The three words, ah yes, the foundation of why we are here proclaiming the Unlimited God of Glory!

I could add one word to the three>>>>>>>>>

LOVE NEVER FAILS [ever]!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEi463LcxxA

23. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Is that the radical all/pas? From the depth of your posts, it becomes evident you are most likely aware of the enhancement of pas!

That lovely word= ta pavnte= the all.

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends..."

Perhaps the following is more of our cup of tea?>>>>>>>>

"He is the Source of the all, He is the Guide of the all, He is the Goal of the all.."

My friend: from one Newbie to another: welcome!

Thank you, brother. Glad to be here. You are loved.

Thread Information