Thread: The Restitution Of All Things AKA Universalism

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Greetings everyone. I am a Newbie here and would like to introduce myself. I am getting on in age but still have a few toes on this side of the Glory. Jesus the Christ is the focus of my life, coming to know Him over 60 years ago. That union has been one of expanding dimensions that have pressed me into experiences that have required enlargement of my spirit to behold that which is not simple, and indeed, in keeping with the One whose ways are past finding out.

I trust there are those on this Board who hunger for more and more of Him. At the base of His movings is His great love for us all and the hunger He creates to know Him and the power of His mighty resurrection. May He lift us all into His mighty love as the Father of all fathers!

What Is Christian Universalism?

"Any true definition of Christian Universalism MUST INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God is all Sovereign, loving, powerful, wise, just, and ultimately rules over everything. It MUST ALSO INCLUDE the belief that salvation is only by faith in God and was finalized by Jesus Christ "who gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim 2:6). The definition of Christian Universalism DOES INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God "will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:4)."

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?
    After reading after you, I am wondering where this evil came from that you admit must be totally destroyed.
    Also, it sounds like you are only a very, very, small step from:
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The answer to the question is an absolutely yes !...

All whom God did not choose in Christ and to obtain Salvation by Him, He destined, appointed, decreed them to wrath. This is a work of God,...

[/FONT][/COLOR]18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
    You contradict yourself, much like the above poster.

There is absolutely zero "limited" in the unlimited One! Our view of Him in our wee experience reveals where we dwell. He dwells in unlimited! Until our experience explodes in His Presence "limited" will dominate us.

"Of Him, by Him, for Him."
    You believe that God created evil.

...Here we may ask, can any light, however small, be thrown on this awful mystery of sin?

For all practical purposes, I reply, there are but two possible views of moral evil. It is endless as God Himself, which is in fact dualism, or it is temporary, and in God's mysterious plan, permitted only to serve a higher end. . . . . Certainly Scripture asserts that "God hath shut up all men unto disobedience, in order that He might have mercy upon all." Note here the stress boldly laid on God's agency, and not on man's will. The universality alike of sin and of salvation, both are equally absolute and universal.
    But sin is permitted only leading up to, as involving salvation.

And thus we see not an arrangement by which man starts innocent, free to choose sin or not, but a (virtual) provision for the hereditary transmission of evil by which innocence becomes impossible to all, by which every child of Adam is, in the divine plan, "shut up unto (sin) disobedience," an arrangement inconceivable on the part of a good and loving Father, except with a settled purpose of mercy to every one. . . . . ...

...May not this furnish a meeting place for reasonable men on both sides? For final and universal restoration is not opposed to perpetual penalty in a certain sense, because the willful sinner, though saved, may yet suffer a perpetual loss, a paena damni loss of the highest spiritual blessedness hereafter.

-Christ Triumphant-
    You believe that the sun creates shadows!

Could you explain how it was agreeable to God for Him to create evil for His own glory; your answer will be the same as the other Calvinists on this site.

A god who creates evil cannot be trusted; he is the author of deceit. Since you believe that your god created evil you can never know any truth except one; that is, 'that you can never know truth'. You will never know when you're deceived.

I trust there are those on this Board who hunger for more and more of Him. At the base of His movings is His great love for us all and the hunger He creates to know Him and the power of His mighty resurrection ...
    I was actually hoping you might help me to know Him. God did not create, cause, or cause a cause to be evil; light does not create the shadow!

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdking View Post
    After reading after you, I am wondering where this evil came from that you admit must be totally destroyed.

Could you explain how it was agreeable to God for Him to create evil for His own glory; your answer will be the same as the other Calvinists on this site.

A god who creates evil cannot be trusted; he is the author of deceit. Since you believe that your god created evil you can never know any truth except one; that is, 'that you can never know truth'. You will never know when you're deceived.

I was actually hoping you might help me to know Him. God did not create, cause, or cause a cause to be evil; light does not create the shadow!
    Without light there would be no shadow friend.

peace

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    It is very good to make your acquaintance friend.

I find your topics and demeanor to be sincere.

Not that i am any righteous judge.

Are you an ambassador of reconciliation?

peace.

Dear popsthebuilder: I do appreciate your kind remarks!

The Lord Jesus Christ first grabbed me over 60 years ago. Am I an ambassador of reconciliation? First & foremost I am His & as such am His ambassador. Out of that growing union I have come to behold wonderful aspects of Him: reconciliation that extends as far as the curse is found and into every dimension of the heavens & the underworld.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (August 5th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear popsthebuilder: I do appreciate your kind remarks!

The Lord Jesus Christ first grabbed me over 60 years ago. Am I an ambassador of reconciliation? First & foremost I am His & as such am His ambassador. Out of that growing union I have come to behold wonderful aspects of Him: reconciliation that extends as far as the curse is found and into every dimension of the heavens & the underworld.
    I do so enjoy speaking with my elders.

So much can be learned.

I hope that our Lord continues to bless you. And that you continue to bless all those who choose to hear.

peace sir or ma'am.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do so enjoy speaking with my elders.

So much can be learned.

I hope that our Lord continues to bless you. And that you continue to bless all those who choose to hear.

peace sir or ma'am.

My friend it has been a pleasure speaking with you. You have been the most pleasant (to this date) encountered on this site! I am an old male geezer with a wonderful wife met in the same place the Master found me. How good He is!

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdking View Post

My friend: If I could help you to know Him I will do it. There are only two things in the foundation:

1. A hunger for Him.

2. humility of spirit.

Both must arise from His reach for each of us. The hunger He places in us & will not be satisfied wirh anything but Him. An experience in the Fire of His presence will more than meet the condition of humility of experience.

I cannot get into the mystery of evil's origin at this present moment. I am most certainly not one who believes in anything associated with "limited" and therefore far, far from the dogma of TULIP.

I do however fully believe our Father more intimately referred to as Abba can be trusted. He does all things well!

"From Him, by Him, to Him"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

GeoffW (August 12th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,885 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings everyone. I am a Newbie here and would like to introduce myself. I am getting on in age but still have a few toes on this side of the Glory. Jesus the Christ is the focus of my life, coming to know Him over 60 years ago. That union has been one of expanding dimensions that have pressed me into experiences that have required enlargement of my spirit to behold that which is not simple, and indeed, in keeping with the One whose ways are past finding out.

I trust there are those on this Board who hunger for more and more of Him. At the base of His movings is His great love for us all and the hunger He creates to know Him and the power of His mighty resurrection. May He lift us all into His mighty love as the Father of all fathers!

What Is Christian Universalism?

"Any true definition of Christian Universalism MUST INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God is all Sovereign, loving, powerful, wise, just, and ultimately rules over everything. It MUST ALSO INCLUDE the belief that salvation is only by faith in God and was finalized by Jesus Christ "who gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim 2:6). The definition of Christian Universalism DOES INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God "will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:4)."

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?
    God desires all men to be saved, but not all men want to be saved. They love their flesh and this world before the living God. All those who belong to God and truly follow Jesus, walk in his walk and deny themselves, take up their cross, partake in the sufferings of Christ and bare witness to the truth as he did. And with Christ in their hearts through the power of the Spirit they can overcome and live by the will of the living God.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you aware of what it means to be IN Christ?

Consider the following. "That IN/EN the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess"
    "You are Lord to the glory of God the Father."

The Scope of the confession and worship=

1. All beings in earth.

2. All beings in the heavens.

3. All beings under the earth.

To be in Christ is to be willing to lay down your life and for him, to be willing to be a living sacrifice ready and prepared to live by the will of God. Forsaking our lives in the flesh, putting ourselves last and God first, turning from the world and letting the love of God and the life of Christ shine through us so that the light can be seen in the darkness of this world, bringing the light of Christ to those in darkness living through Christ Jesus, living by his example. And others can't see Christ in and through us if we put our flesh and this world before him.

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without light there would be no shadow friend.

peace

Aah, I believe you do err; all would be shadow.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    God desires all men to be saved, but not all men want to be saved. They love their flesh and this world before the living God. All those who belong to God and truly follow Jesus, walk in his walk and deny themselves, take up their cross, partake in the sufferings of Christ and bare witness to the truth as he did. And with Christ in their hearts through the power of the Spirit they can overcome and live by the will of the living God.

Welcome to the forum

My friend: all aspects of what you have posted has its origins in HIM! It is His Plan & His purpose that reaches to the lowest hell. He calls: we follow. The Master declares He will draw all mankind unto Me! That drawing is very powerful, and I for one, have placed all bets on the Originator of the drawing! God not only "desires" all mankind to be saved: He willeth/wills all mankind to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Will His will be consummated? Will His desire be consummated>>>>>>hmmmmm?

"From Him, through Him, to Him"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend: all aspects of what you have posted has its origins in HIM! It is His Plan & His purpose that reaches to the lowest hell. He calls: we follow. The Master declares He will draw all mankind unto Me! That drawing is very powerful, and I for one, have placed all bets on the Originator of the drawing! God not only "desires" all mankind to be saved: He willeth/wills all mankind to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Will His will be consummated? Will His desire be consummated>>>>>>hmmmmm?

"From Him, through Him, to Him"
    Men will only be saved if they believe and truly repent and live by the will of God, God doesn't force us to believe, Jesus sent his disciples to preach the gospel to every creature in every nation, and it's up to us to choose. We can other choose to follow Jesus into the light and life of the living God, or not listen to the truth and deny him and live our lives and flesh before him.

Every one of us have freewill to choose. But truly believing in God isn't just in word but in action. Those who love God with their all light the word and they partake in the sufferings of Christ and are being washed clean through by the word as the Spirit cleanses their hearts teaching them and guiding them to live right before God. And those who belong to God listen to the Spirit and deny their flesh to live by the will of God. You know God's true people because you will see Christ in and through them and they will be producing the fruit of the Spirit on word and deed.

John 3

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through himMIGHT be saved.
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

So we have a choice, believe in the son of the living God, or not, and those who truly believe live by the gospel by the living word and love God with all their hearts putting him first in their lives as Jesus did.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Men will only be saved if they believe and truly repent and live by the will of God, God doesn't force us to believe,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykYwSTv8h8

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's take a wee break this morning. Do you know the Unlimited One has no hindrance in His appearing to every one of us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrt0cAqJURk

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achilles6129 said: ↑

"In this thread I will suggest that the doctrine of eternal torture in hell is a real doctrine and is actually taught in the Bible. I will also suggest that it is totally just and that those that go away into eternal torture are actually getting what they deserve."

I suggest you find a new father, quickly!

There is no such thing as eternal punishment or damnation! In fact only KJV uses the word "damnation".

The words endless torment (adialeipton timorion), eternal imprisonment (aidios eirgmos) and eternal punishment (aidios kalasin) do not appear anywhere in the Greek New Testament, in conjunction.

Neither, will you find the term aidios timorion or eternal torment.

Therefore, whoever says that there is an eternal (aidios) time set for punishment (kalasin) or torment beyond this life is sadly mistaken.

It's a limited duration of aionion(αἰώνιον - a period of time as in an age) kalasin (Κόλασιν - chastisement or correction) which is in view; but the day and hour that it begins and ends is unpredictable. If it were eternal, then the word Aidios would have been used. But not even Jesus used the word for eternal in conjunction with any kind of punishment or life for that matter.

There are only two places in the New Testament where the word Aidios is used correctly, and they define His Eternal power and divine nature.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear slaveboy: Your word for today=

δουλόω

1. To bring into bondage/ under bondage.

2. To be held in bondage/ be under bondage.

3. To be enslaved.

There is however hope for slaves! You have approached the right link!

Thread Information