Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2465

Thread: The Restitution Of All Things AKA Universalism

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salvation is pretty simple and pretty eternal.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyarnoldvn View Post
    Salvation is pretty simple and pretty eternal.
    Salvation is also pretty exclusive.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

joeyarnoldvn (December 6th, 2018)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree. Thank you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyarnoldvn For Your Post:

Truster (December 7th, 2018)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The following are the top 3 reasons F.L. believes in Universal Reconciliation>>>

1. God creates out of Himself. No aspect of His great Person is lost.

2. He does miracles. The feeding of 5000 ++ ends with gathering up the fragments that remain “that nothing be lost”. Our God loses NOTHING!

3. The most powerful word for all in koine is not #3956 pas, but the all of polýs. Our God is the Source, the Guide, and the Goal of the all. Yes, my friends THE ALL!

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    The following are the top 3 reasons F.L. believes in Universal Reconciliation>>>

1. God creates out of Himself. No aspect of His great Person is lost.
    This would be true even if God wanted to destroy forever all living things with a great flood.
    2. He does miracles. The feeding of 5000 ++ ends with gathering up the fragments that remain “that nothing be lost”. Our God loses NOTHING!
    Interesting that you chose an example from a then shadow of the one Eucharist that His one Church now shares in common with each other, a very Catholic scripture. Catholic means 'universal' also, along with 'whole,' Catholicism being the original Universalism, literally.
    3. The most powerful word for all in koine is not #3956 pas, but the all of polýs. Our God is the Source, the Guide, and the Goal of the all. Yes, my friends THE ALL!
    No argument.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    First of all, that's your erroneous assumption. Do people always repent in a millisecond when they suffer hellish things in this life? No. In fact they often curse God, blame & blaspheme Him.

Secondly, if what you say were true, that with freewill men in hell would immediately repent, and this unto salvation, and your Calvinist God denied them such a freewill, and instead determined their fate, namely endless sufferings of torments in hell, what does that say about Him? Is such a God really "Love" as the Scriptures say? Or a lie?
    Clavinists confuse themselves. They believe we all have free will. The ones in hell are there voluntarily. They know the score they just continue eternally in rebellion and insurrection against their God. They don't know how long it's taking them to do this. It will take forever, meaning it will never end, but they will do it on purpose, enduring the torment, because they feel as if it's the best choice to fight through their rebellion, indulging their rebellion, thinking that it's the best course, that it will work itself out naturally, thinking they've got plenty of time, but they will be doing it forever, they just won't really appreciate that fact, or care about it. It's completely free and un coerced. Clavinists confuse themselves. Clavinists confuse themselves because they don't know what they believe. They believe in free will, they just believe that those who don't believe freely choose to not believe, and that it's beyond our control to decide whether we're going to believe, or if we're going to just rebel eternally against our God and Maker /Creator, forever and ever.

Clavinists believe that if you want to rebel against God forever, that there's nothing anybody can do to change your heart. That's entirely beyond our control, and the Clavinist also says that it's beyond your control, but there's where Catholics and Clavinists part ways. Catholics believe there's always hope, and Clavinists have to believe that sometimes there's not even hope.

Of course, when an eternal rebel converts and believes the Gospel, the Clavinist gives all the glory for this miracle to God, which is right and just. Catholics do also. Clavinists just don't believe that Catholics really believe that all the glory is God's, if before the conversion, the eternal rebel had any say in whether they turned from their rebellion. Clavinists think that it has to be all up to God, and if it isn't, somehow God's robbed of His glory a little.

It's preposterous. But Clavinists have a right to think it.

Nobody's in hell against their free will. They are proud disobedient insurrectionists. 'Sound like anyone you've heard of? Satan.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every knee bows IN/EN the Name of Jesus in all dimensions of the earth, the heavens & the underworld.

All saved, and more so, reconciled in the mighty draw of the Unlimited One.

The identical polys “made sinners” in the first Adam, are the polys “made righteous” in the Last, every last broken wreck reconciled!

Never ever limit the Holy One Of Israel!

If you imagine His will being multiple choice, know His will prevails, ALWAYS!

Salvation in the koine =esothen & sozomenos & sothesomai

There is a tense in koine known as the descriptive present, or the progressive present, which depicts an action in progress.

Yes, God IS the Saviour of all mankind, not some of mankind: all of mankind!

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To stake out a claim in territory of Godness is the ultimate trespass. The territory of, and which is, Godness, permits no squatters.

Venturing a claim there to even the tiniest plot is verboten—nay; no way; nix that; nyet! Yet to attempt such infamy is encouraged by conventional Christian teaching. Not only is it encouraged, it is considered an absolute necessity for setting forth, and traveling successfully, on the Way.

It’s not any old plot within Godness territory we’re talking about. It’s a place of vastly strategic importance. It is situated on Deity high ground. Allow me to explain:

With whatever else it is that characterizes God, be it known that one characteristic stands out as clearly as any other, i.e., GOD ALWAYS HAS HIS WAY IN ALL THINGS…ABSOLUTELY!

There is no place for compromise on that point; there’s no, “Well, golly gee, My little creatures, I’ll cede over to y’all that particularly strategic stronghold of sovereignty. After all, I want my kingdom to include a democratic principle. Y’all deserve a vote on how We do things around here. If y’all don’t like what I propose, speak up, I’ll listen and make whatever adjustments are necessary to not infringe on your ‘free will,’ on your claim to a portion of My sovereignty. Share and share alike, is what I say.”

This nonsense must be cleared up in advance of the consummation of all things, and it will be, for it is “…that every knee will bow, of those in heaven and on the earth and under the earth, and that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Phil. 2: 10, 11 NASB) Jesus is not the One who bends His knee to us, except, in His self-emptying, to figuratively wash our feet, as He who came not to be served, but to serve, and give His life a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45) Nothing can stand in the way of His Lordship. Being Lord means that all authority has been given to Him in heaven and earth, with the power to enforce His authority. (Matt. 28:18; Rev. 7:12)

There is among most Christians the idea that though the Father desires great and good things for all mankind, yet they insist that things will not actually turn out that way.

They imagine that the Lordship of Christ simply amounts to Him having the authority and power to punish us for not letting Him have His Way, i.e., since they’ve staked out that strategic plot within the territory of sovereignty. They think it simply means He’s bigger and stronger than us, and if He can’t have His way, then according to the authority vested in Him by God, with the corresponding power, He’ll show us who’s boss vindictively.

We need to consider how determined Father and Son are.

It’s the cross of Christ that reveals God’s determination to have His Way. He was of a mind and will to BE, in action, what He IS by nature: perfect Love. It meant the Way of the Cross; The Via Dolorosa. With the Father, and our Lord Jesus, it was, “so be it,” and it was. Do you dare imagine that God will allow even one drop of the precious shed blood of Christ to turn out to be wasted, of having no final application to some souls? Do you dare imagine that God is a God who will settle for cutting His losses as best He can? Or do you imagine that They never planned on a universally grand and good conclusion, as is shamefully insisted by our Calvinist brethren.

Don’t think I’m only getting in the face of our Calvinist brethren. While they insist that God, from eternity, has elected some to salvation, and all the rest to damnation, and it’s in that sense that God has His Way, Arminianism perceives God to have chosen to be subject to the will of man. Dare we imagine that God will be denied the holy desire of His heart? How utterly pathetic it is that Christians have settled on it having to be one or the other of the above. The intellectual contortions involved in trying to prove one or the other would be laughable if it were not actually a matter of bearing false witness against God.

Grand and glorious is the Divine plan: God will settle for nothing less than sharing Himself in all His glory with all mankind in a new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

(Isa. 40:5; Hab. 2:14; 2Pet. 3:13) Through Isaiah, the Lord testified that the knowledge of the glory of the Lord will fill all the earth as the waters cover the sea. The sense of that glorious statement is that, when compared with the New Testament’s teaching on knowing God, it conveys that all that is earthen will be filled with the experiential and intimate knowledge of the Lord. God Himself will be what we in divine fellowship KNOW. Reality and perception shall finally meet as one. That is, we shall know God, as God knows Himself. I’m raising an issue here that is at the heart of the refreshed reformation that is presently making itself known in pulpit and pew, among the formally trained in theology, and among those who, though not formally trained in such things, know simply that their God is a good God, good always, and good to all.

-John Gavazzoni-

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every knee bows IN/EN the Name of Jesus in all dimensions of the earth, the heavens & the underworld.

All saved, and more so, reconciled in the mighty draw of the Unlimited One. The identical polys “made sinners” in the first Adam, are the polys “made righteous” in the Last, every last broken wreck reconciled! Never ever limit the Holy One Of Israel! If you imagine His will being multiple choice, know His will prevails, ALWAYS! Salvation in the koine =esothen & sozomenos & sothesomai There is a tense in koine known as the descriptive present, or the progressive present, which depicts an action in progress. Yes, God IS the Saviour of all mankind, not some of mankind: all of mankind!
    It isn't limiting The Almighty God to believe His Word. His Word says different than your words. His word says that all liars have their place in hell. You should not tell lies about His Word.
    No Bueno.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    It isn't limiting The Almighty God to believe His Word. His Word says different than your words. His word says that all liars have their place in hell. You should not tell lies about His Word.
    Dear Aimiel: Are you not aware that death and hell are not synonymous with the Lake of Fire that burns with theion? They are NOT the same! Death and hell are consummated in the Lake.

Question

What is theion in koine & what is the root of theion?

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Intimate Sovereign Control Of God

The Bible:

God is in intimate sovereign control over what the Bible means to each individual. God also controls the extent to which we will try to change the mind of others about the meaning of the Bible, and He controls the extent to which we will be successful in changing the mind of others.
    I personally believe that the Bible teaches the following things about -

The will: God is in intimate sovereign control over the will of every created being. The only “free will” that anyone has is to choose in the direction of the strongest influence. Every choice we make is the product of influences that have been brought to bear upon us in the past, plus the influence that is being brought upon to bear upon us right now, and God sovereignly controls these influences. We are accountable for every choice but we are not responsible for it; God is. Every choice we make is the only one we could have made, and God will see to it that the result of every choice will be used to fit us into His master-plan in our own unique way. All loss is temporary. Even Esau’s loss was only a loss from the human point of view. From God’s point of view Esau was fulfilling His predetermined plan. Esau’s apparent loss was God’s way of fitting Esau into His master-plan in His own unique way. Even rewards are predetermined, and are the result of responses to God’s undefeatable grace. God’s grace can only be resisted temporarily, for the purpose of teaching us lessons. We are not robots, but we do have one thing in common with robots. Everything we are is the product of causality. The Bible calls us “vessels,” some of honor, and some of dishonor, with most of us somewhere in between. Satan’s greatest delusion is that he thinks he has a free will. Many believers in Christ suffer from this same delusion, but God is in intimate sovereign control over every delusion. God will never influence His creatures against their will, but in every case He will influence their wills to change, for their own good, and for His own glory. Any suffering that follows the great white throne of judgment will be for the purpose of influencing our will for our own good. Everyone is believing what they are supposed to be believing at any given point in time, and they will not change their beliefs until God wants them to.

Salvation

God is in intimate sovereign control over everyone’s salvation. The essential meaning of salvation is that God will change every negative thing that happened into something better that it happened than if it had not happened. And God will do it for every human and every evil spirit, including Satan. Salvation is a process that will be completed for the first fruits of election at the first resurrection, and for the rest of us after the second resurrection. God is in intimate sovereign control of the timing of that process, and He will not fail to fit everyone in a positive way into His master-plan. All of the negative consequences of sin and evil will be transformed for everyone. God will not just make it up to us. He will not just do a patch-up job. He will not just bring things back to where they were before sin came on the scene; but He will see to it that a far greater glory will result for everyone because sin temporarily prevailed than if it had not. I count it a great privilege and a gift from God that He has allowed me to see these things in the Bible. Only a comparatively few people see these things, so I consider myself especially blessed. I also believe that God is in intimate sovereign control over the reaction of everyone who reads these words.

God is in intimate sovereign control over everything all the time

What a wonderful thing to be able to believe.

-The documents of Roger Tutt #58-

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Aimiel: Are you not aware that death and hell are not synonymous with the Lake of Fire that burns with theion? They are NOT the same! Death and hell are consummated in the Lake.
    Death and Hell are spirits. They will be tormented along with all whose names are not found in The Lamb's Book of Life. The smoke from their eternal torment will arise eternally, as Scripture states.
    No Bueno.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,752 Times in 11,604 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Death and Hell are spirits. They will be tormented along with all whose names are not found in The Lamb's Book of Life. The smoke from their eternal torment will arise eternally, as Scripture states.
    Please provide your scriptural support for this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (Yesterday)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God is in intimate sovereign control over the will of every created being.
    Were that true: there'd be no reason for creation. It would all just be a huge game of God playing with Himself. That's foolishness
    Every choice we make is the product of influences that have been brought to bear upon us in the past, plus the influence that is being brought upon to bear upon us right now, and God sovereignly controls these influences.
    No, time and chance happen to everyone.
    We are accountable for every choice but we are not responsible for it; God is.
    Wrong: of EVERY idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in The Day of Judgement. Your imaginary universalism makes judgement worthless. God's Judgement is no joke.
    Every choice we make is the only one we could have made, and God will see to it that the result of every choice will be used to fit us into His master-plan in our own unique way.
    No. The will of men is at enmity against God.
    Even rewards are predetermined, and are the result of responses to God’s undefeatable grace.
    Again: that would make all life pointless.
    We are not robots, but we do have one thing in common with robots. Everything we are is the product of causality.
    No. There is still free will and if there weren't: life would indeed be pointless.
    The Bible calls us “vessels,” some of honor, and some of dishonor, with most of us somewhere in between.
    There is no in-between. There is great honor, honor, dishonor and great did-honor; but no in-between those two, like half honor and half did-honor.
    Satan’s greatest delusion is that he thinks he has a free will.
    No. His greatest delusion is that he thinks he can become like God.
    God will never influence His creatures against their will, but in every case He will influence their wills to change, for their own good, and for His own glory.
    Were that true: there would be NO evil.
    Any suffering that follows the great white throne of judgment will be for the purpose of influencing our will for our own good.
    After that judgement there will be no more evil.
    God is in intimate sovereign control over everyone’s salvation.
    Again: no point to life. Just God playing games.
    I count it a great privilege and a gift from God that He has allowed me to see these things in the Bible.
    You're deceived by a GREAT darkness. You need to get saved. You're lost. You believe nonsense.
    No Bueno.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (Yesterday)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Please provide your scriptural support for this idea.
    Nothing is cast into the Lake of Fire except living beings. Satan and his angels, including Death and Hell along with everyone who lies. Your 'gospel' is lies. You need to repent, unless you want to be tormented along with Satan and all other lost souls.
    No Bueno.

Thread Information