Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3340414243

Thread: The Restitution Of All Things AKA Universalism

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.

Now that we are set right with God by means of this sacrificial death, the consummate blood sacrifice, there is no longer a question of being at odds with God in any way.

If, when we were at our worst, we were put on friendly terms with God by the sacrificial death of his Son, now that we're at our best, just think of how our lives will expand and deepen by means of his resurrection life!

Now that we have actually received this amazing friendship with God, we are no longer content to simply say it in plodding prose. We sing and shout our praises to God through Jesus, the Messiah!

You know the story of how Adam landed us in the dilemma we're in - first sin, then death, and no one exempt from either sin or death.

That sin disturbed relations with God in everything and everyone, but the extent of the disturbance was not clear until God spelled it out in detail to Moses. So death, this huge abyss separating us from God, dominated the landscape from Adam to Moses. Even those who didn't sin precisely as Adam did by disobeying a specific command of God still had to experience this termination of life, this separation from God.

But Adam, who got us into this, also points ahead to the One who will get us out of it.

Yet the rescuing gift is not exactly parallel to the death-dealing sin. If one man's sin put crowds of people at the dead-end abyss of separation from God, just think what God's gift poured through one man, Jesus Christ, will do!

There's no comparison between that death-dealing sin and this generous, life-giving gift. The verdict on that one sin was the death sentence; the verdict on the many sins that followed was this wonderful life sentence.

If death got the upper hand through one man's wrongdoing, can you imagine the breathtaking recovery life makes, sovereign life, in those who grasp with both hands this wildly extravagant life-gift, this grand setting-everything-right, that the one man Jesus Christ provides?

Here it is in a nutshell: Just as one person did it wrong and got us in all this trouble with sin and death, another person did it right and got us out of it. But more than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life!

One man said no to God and put many people in the wrong; one man said yes to God and put many in the right.

All that passing laws against sin did was produce more lawbreakers. But sin didn't, and doesn't, have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace. When it's sin versus grace, grace wins hands down.

All sin can do is threaten us with death, and that's the end of it. Grace, because God is putting everything together again through the Messiah, invites us into life - a life that goes on and on and on, world without end."

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J. Preston Eby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEwcWR8kxUs

Saviour Of The World Series=

https://www.tentmaker.org/articles/savior-of-the-world/

From Him, through Him, for Him

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Gavazzoni

Index Of The 2018 Writings Of John Gavazzoni

The Fullest Meaning of Christ's Indwelling

Quid Pro Quo? No, NO! NO!!

A Call to (Major) Repentance

With Discontinuance Comes Dissonance

Inept False Witness

Wrath

Gehenna: Yes; Hell: No

Death: Yes; Hell: No

Proclamation vs Exhortation

On the Receiving End

He Comes; He Calls; We Follow

Staking Out a Claim in Godness Territory

All Things Are Of God

There's Clearly a Difference

Peeks into a Refreshed Orthodoxy

The Judgment of God

John GavazzoniTestimony=

"Christ opened my heart to Himself as a 16 year old teenager, having been raised in the Roman Catholic tradition. My conversion came about mostly through the witness of other teen-agers, including some in the gang I ran with."

"Four of us organized a quartette almost immediately after we had turned to the Lord; and we sang, gave our testimonies and took turns preaching in churches and youth rallies all over...particularly the Pennsylvania area. I preached my first sermon that same year. I began in 'full time ministry' at age 19, traveling with a chalk-artist evangelist as his song-man and youth speaker. About two years after that, I went out on my own conducting local church evangelistic crusades and eventually was asked to join the Eastern Area Crusade Staff of Youth for Christ International, covering an eleven-states area.

It was during that period that I came to the revelation of ultimate reconciliation, specifically while ministering at a summer Bible conference.

"I was confronted by God suddenly and very unexpectedly while I was musing about sermons I'd preached on eternal hell. I heard the voice of the Lord say to me, 'Do you really believe that about me?'

In an instant, the answer leaped out of my spirit, 'No I don't Lord.'

I more or less carried this truth in my heart for many years...enjoying what it meant to me in my relationship with our Heavenly Father........

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,553 Times in 21,941 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Dear G.M.:It is incredible the reach of the Unlimited One in His plan for every life. It may take "too long" in our time frame, but in the end, the destination is not the entire finish. The road to that finish embodies a vast part of the consummation! I do trust His great love & grace be yours in His reach.
    Huh?

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,553 Times in 21,941 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear G.M.:It is incredible the reach of the Unlimited One in His plan for every life. It may take "too long" in our time frame, but in the end, the destination is not the entire finish. The road to that finish embodies a vast part of the consummation! I do trust His great love & grace be yours in His reach.
    FL, in your quest to sound profound it appears as if you've only achieved confusion on behalf of the reader. I find that curious, at best.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Gavazzoni

Index Of The 2018 Writings Of John Gavazzoni

The Fullest Meaning of Christ's Indwelling

Quid Pro Quo? No, NO! NO!!

A Call to (Major) Repentance

With Discontinuance Comes Dissonance

Inept False Witness

Wrath

Gehenna: Yes; Hell: No

Death: Yes; Hell: No

Proclamation vs Exhortation

On the Receiving End

He Comes; He Calls; We Follow

Staking Out a Claim in Godness Territory

All Things Are Of God

There's Clearly a Difference

Peeks into a Refreshed Orthodoxy

The Judgment of God

John GavazzoniTestimony=

"Christ opened my heart to Himself as a 16 year old teenager, having been raised in the Roman Catholic tradition. My conversion came about mostly through the witness of other teen-agers, including some in the gang I ran with."

"Four of us organized a quartette almost immediately after we had turned to the Lord; and we sang, gave our testimonies and took turns preaching in churches and youth rallies all over...particularly the Pennsylvania area. I preached my first sermon that same year. I began in 'full time ministry' at age 19, traveling with a chalk-artist evangelist as his song-man and youth speaker. About two years after that, I went out on my own conducting local church evangelistic crusades and eventually was asked to join the Eastern Area Crusade Staff of Youth for Christ International, covering an eleven-states area.

It was during that period that I came to the revelation of ultimate reconciliation, specifically while ministering at a summer Bible conference.

"I was confronted by God suddenly and very unexpectedly while I was musing about sermons I'd preached on eternal hell. I heard the voice of the Lord say to me, 'Do you really believe that about me?'

In an instant, the answer leaped out of my spirit, 'No I don't Lord.'

I more or less carried this truth in my heart for many years...enjoying what it meant to me in my relationship with our Heavenly Father........
    You speak about Grace , but don't ever finish the sentence . We're saved by Grace " through Faith " , right ?
    What is your understanding about how the noun
    Faith is applied ?

Thread Information