Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,765 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    Several of them have been discussed in this thread. I answered all comers. Then they ran away. They have yet to respond to my posts. Wanna go back through the whole thread & help them out?
    You have your work cut out for you.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be filthy...still...but not forever.

"The meaning is, Let men continue in these various characters, if they will. I come quickly with the rewards that they will respectively deserve. A similar mode of expression is adopted in Ecclesiastes 11:9."

https://www.studylight.org/commentar...ion/22-11.html

While we're on the subject, here's a few cross references which show similarities to Rev.22:11:

1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
    Hosea 4:17 Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.
    Mt.15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
    Ezekiel 3:27 But when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you shall say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says.' Whoever will listen let him listen, and whoever will refuse let him refuse; for they are a rebellious house.
    Rev.22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And the one hearing, let him say, “Come!” And the one thirsting let him come; the one desiring, let him take freely the water of life.

Is there the slightest hint of endless punishment in any of those verses or Rev.22:11? No.
    Unjust stll

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gen

John made it clear that Jesus came to save the world, but that everyone that does not believe on Him are condemned instead of saved because their deeds are evil.
    They dont believe on Him because they're not of His Sheep which He died for. Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Charles Spurgeon !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (October 18th, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You have your work cut out for you.

That's your response to:

Several of them have been discussed in this thread. I answered all comers. Then they ran away. They have yet to respond to my posts. Wanna go back through the whole thread & help them out?

Over 4000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,532 Times in 1,203 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's your response to:

Hardly. You got yourself on the "ignore" list when you started accusing other Christians of homosexuality because of their endorsement of a bible translation that was too hard on your personal doctrine.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    Hardly. You got yourself on the "ignore" list when you started accusing other Christians of homosexuality because of their endorsement of a bible translation that was too hard on your personal doctrine.
    That attributes a false motive to my claims KJ was (& was likely) a homo. Should you now also put yourself on ignore?

Other Christians? Is King James more than one alleged Christian, or just one alleged Christian:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...ing+James+homo

The ignore list? You mean yours alone, off and on & off & on like a yoyo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    We don't care about your fabricated lies. I'm sure you're just trying to increase the perceived numbers for the Rainbow Flag so that you can justify your own sinful behavior. A century after you are dead I am sure we will see your words also written in someone's book "I GregoryN the Universalist am a raving homosexual."
    In light of all your erroneous comments above, should you now also put yourself on ignore?
    Last edited by GregoryN; November 1st, 2018 at 03:08 AM.

Over 4000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,532 Times in 1,203 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That attributes a false motive to my claims KJ was (& was likely) a homo. Should you now also put yourself on ignore?

Other Christians? Is King James more than one alleged Christian, or just one alleged Christian:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...ing+James+homo

The ignore list? You mean yours alone, off and on & off & on like a yoyo?

In light of all your erroneous comments above, should you now also put yourself on ignore?
    Don't flatter yourself too much. I was just curious at why you and Fine Linen keep posting to yourselves in isolation over here so I peeked at a random post. Just to find you bragging about how you had "defeated all challengers." Laugh.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosenritter For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 1st, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If human beings have no libertarian free will (LFW), then we are all puppets in God's puppet show.

If created beings have no libertarian free will (LFW), then God is responsible for all sin.

If created beings have no libertarian free will (LFW), then a God who sends them to endless tortures for the sins He caused them to commit is a monstrous sadist.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If human beings have no libertarian free will (LFW), then we are all puppets in God's puppet show.

If created beings have no libertarian free will (LFW), then God is responsible for all sin.

If created beings have no libertarian free will (LFW), then a God who sends them to endless tortures for the sins He caused them to commit is a monstrous sadist.
    Blasphemy of True God.

Charles Spurgeon !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (November 2nd, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blasphemy of True God.

If humans have no choice but to sin, since they do not have libertarian free will (LFW) or the power to resist or the power of contrary choice, then they are the puppets of sin. They are not responsible for that sin, since they could do nothing but sin. If no created beings have LFW, then their creator would be responsible for all sin, not the created beings. For such a “god”, then,
    to send any to endless tortures for sins caused by that “god” would be unjust & make that “god” a monstrous sadist, infinitely worse than all sadists’ actions of history combined, including Satan.

Such a “god” would be the most unrighteous being there ever was & one of the worst conceivably imaginable. Who would dream up, inspire & propagandize such a fantasy “god” except Satan, the accuser & slanderer of the good & righteous true God, Love Omnipotent?
    Last edited by GregoryN; November 7th, 2018 at 01:34 AM.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does endless tortures mean God is a monster?

Who are we to judge God?
    The topic is not scriptural interpretation opinions or assumptions, but logical arguments. That being said, however, what judgments about God have you made?

Have you judged that:

1. God exists
    2. God is good
    3. God is love

"It is simply incoherent to concurrently maintain that you believe God is good but that you also cannot judge God."

Have you judged that:

1. God is the God of Islam, or
    2. God is the God of Buddha, or
    3. God is the God of the Lord & Savior of all, Jesus Christ

Have you judged that:

1. God is a miracle worker today, or
    2. God retired from working miracles

Have you judged that God is:

1. a puppet master & we are all just His puppet toys He plays with like a child with dolls who keeps & loves some but others throws in the trash or fire forever, or,
    2. a lover who grants humans libertarian free will to choose to love Him back

Have you judged that God is the:

1. savior of all human beings, or the
    2. annihilator for eternity of many, or the
    3. torturer for eternity of many

What judgments about God have you made? Is it possible you are wrong about any of them? Have you ever been wrong about them or anything else?

Have you judged that Love Omnipotent is a torturer of billions for eternity, when in truth He will actually become "all in all"? What would that say about - your - judgment of God? Would God be pleased that you characterized Him as a monster?

“God made us with a judging mind. Every day we are constantly judging—she is smarter, he is nicer, that car is better, this is a better buy, that tastes better, this is healthier. But is there a time to judge God? “Because for every matter there is a time and judgment…” (Ecclesiastes 8:6)."
    https://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who...-to-judge-god/

Lk.12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right? (- Jesus)

Prov.31:9 Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

James 1:5 says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

1 Cor. 2:15a But he that is spiritual judgeth all things...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does endless tortures mean God is a monster?

The topic is not scriptural interpretation opinions or assumptions, but logical arguments. That being said, however, what judgments about God have you made?

Have you judged that:

1. God exists
    2. God is good
    3. God is love

"It is simply incoherent to concurrently maintain that you believe God is good but that you also cannot judge God."

Have you judged that:

1. God is the God of Islam, or
    2. God is the God of Buddha, or
    3. God is the God of the Lord & Savior of all, Jesus Christ

Have you judged that:

1. God is a miracle worker today, or
    2. God retired from working miracles

Have you judged that God is:

1. a puppet master & we are all just His puppet toys He plays with like a child with dolls who keeps & loves some but others throws in the trash or fire forever, or,
    2. a lover who grants humans libertarian free will to choose to love Him back

Have you judged that God is the:

1. savior of all human beings, or the
    2. annihilator for eternity of many, or the
    3. torturer for eternity of many

What judgments about God have you made? Is it possible you are wrong about any of them? Have you ever been wrong about them or anything else?

Have you judged that Love Omnipotent is a torturer of billions for eternity, when in truth He will actually become "all in all"? What would that say about - your - judgment of God? Would God be pleased that you characterized Him as a monster?

“God made us with a judging mind. Every day we are constantly judging—she is smarter, he is nicer, that car is better, this is a better buy, that tastes better, this is healthier. But is there a time to judge God? “Because for every matter there is a time and judgment…” (Ecclesiastes 8:6)."
    https://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who...-to-judge-god/

Lk.12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right? (- Jesus)

Prov.31:9 Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

James 1:5 says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

1 Cor. 2:15a But he that is spiritual judgeth all things...
    The God i serve and believe in is Love, and He hates some who are the workers of iniquity. See Ps 5:5. So my God doesnt love all mankind without exception.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If humans have no choice but to sin, since they do not have libertarian free will (LFW) or the power to resist or the power of contrary choice, then they are the puppets of sin. They are not responsible for that sin, since they could do nothing but sin. If no created beings have LFW, then their creator would be responsible for all sin, not the created beings. For such a “god”, then,
    to send any to endless tortures for sins caused by that “god” would be unjust & make that “god” a monstrous sadist, infinitely worse than all sadists’ actions of history combined, including Satan.

Such a “god” would be the most unrighteous being there ever was & one of the worst conceivably imaginable. Who would dream up, inspire & propagandize such a fantasy “god” except Satan, the accuser & slanderer of the good & righteous true God, Love Omnipotent?
    Continued blasphemy and contempt for the True and Living God!

Charles Spurgeon !

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

MennoSota (November 7th, 2018),Nanja (November 7th, 2018)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The principles governing the theology of many today are:

First God is only love.

Second the world means every person who ever lived or lives.

God is to be judged by our humanistic criteria.

So called Calvanism is the Devil's theology to be bitterly hated and totally rejected.

The scriptural revelation of God is not taken as authoritative.

Can you think of any general principles besides these that are the root, branch and flower of today's man exalting and God dethroning theology, sermons, and church teaching.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continued blasphemy and contempt for the True and Living God!
    “While Catholic theologians, especially Augustine, thundered against Origenism, as it was called, universal salvation continued to have its advocates in their church as well as in other religious organizations that claimed to be Christian. It was taught by the Albigenses of the eleventh century, the Lollards of the fourteenth, and in the fifteenth century by many of “the Reformers before the Reformation.” Many were the clergy excommunicated, exiled or dismissed from their positions by religious organizations because of teaching universal salvation, in both Catholic and Protestant organizations.”

“In England, for a time during the seventeenth century, universal salvation was among the heresies punishable with imprisonment, other “heresies” being punished with death. About the same time in the United States, in the very religious colony of Massachusetts, one John Gatchell was sentenced “to the pillory and to have his tongue drawn forth and pierced with a hot iron” for teaching universal salvation.”

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1955840

Thread Information