Thread: The Restitution Of All Things AKA Universalism

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Restitution Of All Things AKA Universalism

Greetings everyone. I am a Newbie here and would like to introduce myself. I am getting on in age but still have a few toes on this side of the Glory. Jesus the Christ is the focus of my life, coming to know Him over 60 years ago. That union has been one of expanding dimensions that have pressed me into experiences that have required enlargement of my spirit to behold that which is not simple, and indeed, in keeping with the One whose ways are past finding out.

I trust there are those on this Board who hunger for more and more of Him. At the base of His movings is His great love for us all and the hunger He creates to know Him and the power of His mighty resurrection. May He lift us all into His mighty love as the Father of all fathers!

What Is Christian Universalism?

"Any true definition of Christian Universalism MUST INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God is all Sovereign, loving, powerful, wise, just, and ultimately rules over everything. It MUST ALSO INCLUDE the belief that salvation is only by faith in God and was finalized by Jesus Christ "who gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim 2:6). The definition of Christian Universalism DOES INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God "will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:4)."

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_reconciliation
    Last edited by FineLinen; September 8th, 2018 at 02:17 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

GeoffW (August 12th, 2018),marhig (August 5th, 2018)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Greetings everyone. I am a Newbie here and would like to introduce myself. I am getting on in age but still have a few toes on this side of the Glory. Jesus the Christ is the focus of my life, coming to know Him over 60 years ago. That union has been one of expanding dimensions that have pressed me into experiences that have required enlargement of my spirit to behold that which is not simple, and indeed, in keeping with the One whose ways are past finding out.

I trust there are those on this Board who hunger for more and more of Him. At the base of His movings is His great love for us all and the hunger He creates to know Him and the power of His mighty resurrection. May He lift us all into His mighty love as the Father of all fathers!

"Any true definition of Christian Universalism MUST INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God is all Sovereign, loving, powerful, wise, just, and ultimately rules over everything. It MUST ALSO INCLUDE the belief that salvation is only by faith in God and was finalized by Jesus Christ "who gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim 2:6). The definition of Christian Universalism DOES INCLUDE THE BELIEF that God "will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:4)."

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEi463LcxxA

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEi463LcxxA

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you aware of what it means to be IN Christ?

Consider the following. "That IN/EN the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess"
    "You are Lord to the glory of God the Father."

The Scope of the confession and worship=

1. All beings in earth.

2. All beings in the heavens.

3. All beings under the earth.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

GeoffW (August 12th, 2018)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Faithful is this saying and deserving of universal acceptance: and here is the motive of our toiling and wrestling, because we have our hopes fixed on the ever-living God, who is the Saviour of all mankind, and especially of believers. Command this and teach this."

Especially= malista

Only= monon/ monos

Note

1. God is the Saviour of all mankind.

2. He is not a potential Saviour.

3. He is [the] Saviour of all mankind.

4. He is not the Saviour of only those who believe/ trust in Him.

5. He is the Saviour "especially" of those who trust in Him.

6. Command this & teach this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It is through the Son, at the cost of his own blood, that we are redeemed, freely forgiven through that full and generous grace which has overflowed into our lives and opened our eyes to the truth. For God had allowed us to know the secret of his plan, and it is this: he purposes in his sovereign will that all human history shall be consummated in Christ, that everything that exists in Heaven or earth shall find its perfection and fulfilment in him.

11-14 And here is the staggering thing—that in all which will one day belong to him we have been promised a share (since we were long ago destined for this by the one who achieves his purposes by his sovereign will), so that we, as the first to put our confidence in Christ, may bring praise to his glory!"

Questions:

1. What is the "sovereign will" of the Eternal One?

2. Where does human history "consummate"?

3. What is the "secret of His Plan?

4. Does His "sovereign will" as "staggering" as it is come to fulfillment?

5. What s the scope of "everything"?

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi; I know you from another board years ago. Would you please change your ability to receive private messages on here so I can send you one? Thanks....

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear RBBI: My friend I hate to disclose this but I know not how to do that. Can you show me, and I will be happy to respond.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear RBBI: My friend I hate to disclose this but I know not how to do that. Can you show me, and I will be happy to respond.

NOTE: As a new member of TOL your account will be limited in functionality until you have been a member for 7 days and have made at least 25 posts. This helps us to avoid SPAM accounts and keep our community running smoothly. You can see all the membership levels and permissions here.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it not interesting that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world, after performing the awesome feat of feeding the 5000, turned to His disciples and said "gather up the remnants that remain, that nothing be lost."

How is it possible to possibly conceive that our Lord is more interested in bread and fish than the mass of mankind for whom He gave His life? He loses NOTHING!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the...

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

The Koine, ta pavnte, is the strongest word for all in the Scriptures; it literally means the all.

Romans 11:36=

ta pavnte/ ta panta, "in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming."

It is not in the limited sense of "nearly all", "pavnte" minus "ta

The final preposition [eiv) reveals the ultimate goal of all that is. What has been provided in Christ is a re-turn, a re-storation, a re-newing, a re-demption, a re-concilation, a re-surrection, a re-stitution.

The prefix "re" means back again, again, anew--and all the words with this prefix speak of something that left its place and has now made its circuit and come back to the point of its beginning.

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;.... down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "So basically the LORD is going to save everyone right?"

Wrong! The Lord is going to reconcile the mass of those "made sinners" in Adam1 in/through the Last Adam the Lord Jesus Christ.

The mass "made sinners">>>>>>>>"the mass made righteous."

The polus made sinners>>>>>>>the polus made righteous.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome To What Abba Cherishes

"For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One.

It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us,when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

In Him we have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will, so that we should be devoted to the extolling of His glorious attributes--we who were the first to fix our hopes on Christ."

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to spend a few moments contemplating the scope of the Master in His reach for the mass of mankind made sinners through Adam1.

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

For unto this end was the gospel preached even to the dead, that they might be judged indeed according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

It is an interesting fact that the Master who eats death is unlimited in His ministry to the heavens, the earth and the underworld. He leads captivity captive!

https://www.biblestudytools.com/ephe...8-compare.html

"For this reason he says, He went up on high, taking his prisoners with him, and gave freely to men."

Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament Translation=

8. For this reason He (it) is constantly saying,

"Going up (stepping up; ascending) into a height (unto [the] summit)

He led (leads) captive a captive multitude [or: He led "captivity" captive]

He gave (gives) gifts to mankind (or: to/for the men)."

9 Now (but) this "He went up (ascended)," what is it if not (except) that He also descended (stepped down) into the lower parts (the under regions) of the earth (land)?

10 The One stepping down (descending) is Himself also the One stepping (going) up (ascending) far above (back up over) all of the heavens, to the end that He may make the Whole full [or: may fill up everything (the All)
    Last edited by FineLinen; September 19th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread Information