Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Life Tips

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Life Tips

What are some 'pro life tips' that you've learned? Share them here. I posted in 'Religion' because there's no limit to the scope of the 'pro life tip.'

('Pro' modifies 'life tips.' I don't mean anti-abortion by 'pro life tips.' That would be 'pro-life tips.' That's not what I mean.)

The idea here is to help other people with common challenges.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncoated paper plates are very inexpensive & disposable, and handy for a number of things in the kitchen. You can write notes on them, you can cover food for microwave reheating (upside down usually), you can use them for a place to keep utensils you're using while cooking (instead of on a plate or right on the counter). Last night I cut a slot out of one, and placed it over a hot bowl of food, with the fork already in the bowl (the slot was for the fork).

@Nee_Nihilo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

quip (October 5th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,388 Times in 4,758 Posts

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    ... you can cover food for microwave reheating (upside down usually)...

discovered this last winter - i run a dry kitchen half of the year, so a lot of my food prep is done with ease of clean-up in mind.

I take a specific bowl that's about five inches in diameter, with high sides, put a paper plate on top, then take a slightly larger bowl and jam it down over the paper plate and the smaller bowl. That deforms the plate (comes out looking like a coffee filter) and contains any mess

also, i keep a box of disposable gloves in the kitchen (and in my three shop areas) for handling of raw meat or anything messy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 7th, 2018),Idolater (July 26th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,044 Times in 4,442 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tip: Don't merge right in front of a truck driver or cross 3-6 lanes of traffic in front of a truck just to make that exit.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 7th, 2018),Idolater (July 26th, 2018),Right Divider (July 26th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,044 Times in 4,442 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tip: DBD

Don't Be Dumb

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

George Affleck (August 2nd, 2018),glorydaz (October 7th, 2018),Right Divider (July 26th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    discovered this last winter - i run a dry kitchen half of the year, so a lot of my food prep is done with ease of clean-up in mind.

I take a specific bowl that's about five inches in diameter, with high sides, put a paper plate on top, then take a slightly larger bowl and jam it down over the paper plate and the smaller bowl. That deforms the plate (comes out looking like a coffee filter) and contains any mess
    Folded up accordingly, paper plates can also be for fashioning an ad hoc, makeshift, serviceable, single-use flyswatter. Single use when fly guts are involved, isn't a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    also, i keep a box of disposable gloves in the kitchen (and in my three shop areas) for handling of raw meat or anything messy
    Working with hamburger makes my hands very greasy. That's tallow all over my palms and finger pads, it's very fatty like oil, but it's solid so it's more like butter, but it will not come off in water.

So when I work with hamburger, I remove my wedding ring first. It's easier to wash up afterward if I don't have the ring on my finger during.

Don't lose it.

Then when washing my hands, I use a lot of dish soap, and then rinse it off. This washes off the tallow, but it leaves my hands with a residue of some sort that I can feel.

So then I wash my hands again, and this time with hand soap. This second wash washes off the dish soap residue, and then my hands feel normal again.

Put the ring back on.

@Nee_Nihilo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 7th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 4th, 2018)

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,105 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are some 'pro life tips' that you've learned? Share them here. I posted in 'Religion' because there's no limit to the scope of the 'pro life tip.'

('Pro' modifies 'life tips.' I don't mean anti-abortion by 'pro life tips.' That would be 'pro-life tips.' That's not what I mean.)

The idea here is to help other people with common challenges.
    This needs to be moved to the "... and The Rest" forum.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    This needs to be moved to the "... and The Rest" forum.
    As I said in the OP, "I posted in 'Religion' because there's no limit to the scope of the 'pro life tip.'" That includes tips on religion.

Here's one: If you don't know what to do with your life, and you don't have the time or the desire to study every possible option, just believe that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead, and go to Catholic Mass.

@Nee_Nihilo

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,105 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncoated paper plates are very inexpensive & disposable, and handy for a number of things in the kitchen. You can write notes on them, you can cover food for microwave reheating (upside down usually), you can use them for a place to keep utensils you're using while cooking (instead of on a plate or right on the counter). Last night I cut a slot out of one, and placed it over a hot bowl of food, with the fork already in the bowl (the slot was for the fork).
    Do not put a metal fork in a bowl of food you are reheating in the microwave.
    Spoiler
    22 second video
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 7th, 2018),Idolater (October 5th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Do not put a metal fork in a bowl of food you are reheating in the microwave.
    Spoiler
    22 second video
    lol, very good, tyvm.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Women, you all should learn how to shoot. You should acquire guns, and you should carry them, and that's all because you should learn how to shoot. Once you know how to shoot, you need to carry guns, and that means you needs to possess guns, and that you need to learn how to carry guns. It's tricky, in most states, because in order to carry guns with permission, you need to hide them. It's called 'concealed carry,' and you need a 'permit' in many states to do it, and it's illicit to carry guns 'openly,' which is, not hiding that you're carrying; again, in most states.

Guns are like miniature but fully operational artillery pieces, and artillery works by bombarding an aggressive target until that target is disabled or destroyed. Learn how to shoot like how artillery works.

Vote NRA. If the NRA has 'graded' a candidate an 'A,' then the odds are good that the candidate is going to fight for your right to defend yourself, your children, your friends, and any other innocent people who are attacked by murderers or rapists.

If you're a Democrat, eventually, the Democrats will get the message, and we'll start to see Democrats with Democrat values, who also value your right to defend your own babies against murderers and rapists, who continue to live among us here in America, despite our outlawing murder and rape as capital crimes.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Pro-life. When someone tells me they are for abortion. I tell them I'm for being responsible for your actions. So far that has shut them up.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    As for Pro-life. When someone tells me they are for abortion. I tell them I'm for being responsible for your actions. So far that has shut them up.
    I wonder if this movie will move the needle on the issue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosnel..._Serial_Killer

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this movie will move the needle on the issue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosnel..._Serial_Killer
    There is a lot of evil out there.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Women, you all should learn how to shoot. You should acquire guns, and you should carry them, and that's all because you should learn how to shoot. Once you know how to shoot, you need to carry guns, and that means you needs to possess guns, and that you need to learn how to carry guns. It's tricky, in most states, because in order to carry guns with permission, you need to hide them. It's called 'concealed carry,' and you need a 'permit' in many states to do it, and it's illicit to carry guns 'openly,' which is, not hiding that you're carrying; again, in most states.

Guns are like miniature but fully operational artillery pieces, and artillery works by bombarding an aggressive target until that target is disabled or destroyed. Learn how to shoot like how artillery works.

Vote NRA. If the NRA has 'graded' a candidate an 'A,' then the odds are good that the candidate is going to fight for your right to defend yourself, your children, your friends, and any other innocent people who are attacked by murderers or rapists.

If you're a Democrat, eventually, the Democrats will get the message, and we'll start to see Democrats with Democrat values, who also value your right to defend your own babies against murderers and rapists, who continue to live among us here in America, despite our outlawing murder and rape as capital crimes.
    AMR posted this link in the chat box.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...ts-not-enough/

Women (and men who love them), the answer to your conundrum is weaponry. I know I sound alarmist. But read your own words. You are alarmists, and for good reason. Weapons, are your solution. Until such a time as men can all behave themselves better, weapons are required.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thread Information