User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: "Without Faith it is impossible to please God"

  1. #1
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547

    "Without Faith it is impossible to please God"

    Scripture tells us that.

    "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

    [So much for the interpretation of faith being a gift of God for man's salvation]

    So why was God requiring it from man if man could not give it? Could it be that man can give it but some don't want to? Could that be the reason why some are happy with the doctrine of "Jesus did it all" and my mental ascent is sufficient for my salvation? [a doctrine of demons]
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  2. #2
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547
    So what do you suppose comes first: faith or obedience which brings faith? ". . . and men began to call on the Name of the Lord" Gen 4:26 KJV.

    Question: Why would I obey God if I didn't first believe Him?
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  3. #3
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15866
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Scripture tells us that.

    "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

    [So much for the interpretation of faith being a gift of God for man's salvation]

    So why was God requiring it from man if man could not give it? Could it be that man can give it but some don't want to? Could that be the reason why some are happy with the doctrine of "Jesus did it all" and my mental ascent is sufficient for my salvation? [a doctrine of demons]
    Since God gives the gift of faith, unless God does the work, you cannot please God.
    Unless a person, who was dead in their trespasses and sins, is made alive in Christ that person cannot believe. That person cannot seek God. That person has no reward.
    God must be the cause agent. Humans cannot generate their own faith by their own will. They are not the cause agent of faith.
    Our mental ascent is not sufficient. That is your teaching of free-will that imagines there is a human mental ascent to salvation. I agree...free-will is a doctrine from demons, not from God.
    The Roman church originally rejected Pelagianism, but has fallen into the doctrine. Protestants have struggled by holding Arminian positions that are syncretist. Both attempt to make God less than who He is and raise up the status of man.
    Faith comes first, from God, so that men might accomplish the good works God has ordained for them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

  4. #4
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Since God gives the gift of faith, unless God does the work, you cannot please God.
    Unless a person, who was dead in their trespasses and sins, is made alive in Christ that person cannot believe. That person cannot seek God. That person has no reward.
    God must be the cause agent. Humans cannot generate their own faith by their own will. They are not the cause agent of faith.
    Our mental ascent is not sufficient. That is your teaching of free-will that imagines there is a human mental ascent to salvation. I agree...free-will is a doctrine from demons, not from God.
    The Roman church originally rejected Pelagianism, but has fallen into the doctrine. Protestants have struggled by holding Arminian positions that are syncretist. Both attempt to make God less than who He is and raise up the status of man.
    Faith comes first, from God, so that men might accomplish the good works God has ordained for them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    Go back to bed.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  5. #5
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15866
    Without being "in Christ" you cannot have faith and therefore you cannot please God.
    The OP is advocating that an unregenerate soul can, in fact, conjure up his own faith in order to please God. That is unequivocally false and not biblically supported.
    The unregenerate soul cannot conjure up his own faith in order to please God. Dead persons cannot have faith.

  6. #6
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Without being "in Christ" you cannot have faith and therefore you cannot please God.
    The OP is advocating that an unregenerate soul can, in fact, conjure up his own faith in order to please God. That is unequivocally false and not biblically supported.
    The unregenerate soul cannot conjure up his own faith in order to please God. Dead persons cannot have faith.

    Then why not consider yourself DEAD?
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  7. #7
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15866
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Then why not consider yourself DEAD?
    Because God has graciously made me alive by His choice. God has given me the gift of faith that He has atoned for my sins through the precious sacrifice of God the Son.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.

  8. #8
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Because God has graciously made me alive by His choice. God has given me the gift of faith that He has atoned for my sins through the precious sacrifice of God the Son.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.
    Naah! I believe you are running on your works based emotions and are confused as to how anyone in your camp can know if he/she is saved because Calvin couldn't know either. Sorry, handing out tracts don't cut the mustard.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  9. #9
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15866
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Naah! I believe you are running on your works based emotions and are confused as to how anyone in your camp can know if he/she is saved because Calvin couldn't know either. Sorry, handing out tracts don't cut the mustard.
    LOL
    Grace is from God alone. Your preaching is entirely works based.
    God adopted me. God's word reveals this truth. If God's word is wrong then I am to be pitied. Yet, I go forward in the faith given me by God almighty.
    I have no idea what Calvin thought. I haven't read his biography. I just read the Bible. Apparently Calvin read it and concluded similarly about God's election and predestination.

  10. #10
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547
    [QUOTE=MennoSota;5261271]
    LOL

    LOL!!!


    Grace is from God alone. Your preaching is entirely works based.
    God adopted me. God's word reveals this truth. If God's word is wrong then I am to be pitied. Yet, I go forward in the faith given me by God almighty.
    You know little and presume much.

    How do you do that? I tried that and it didn't work. I had to get serious about God before I He would reveal it to me. I can now "smell the coffee".

    I have no idea what Calvin thought.
    Well you might try because he murdered/or allow Christians to be murdered. Surely, you have conscience??

    I haven't read his biography.
    That is probably where you went wrong, doncha think?

    I just read the Bible.
    Naah! It would have been impossible for you to draw even your unlearned conclusions as you have if you had.

    Apparently Calvin read it and concluded similarly about God's election and predestination.
    Probably because it seems neither of you learned anything by your efforts. Thank the devil for that.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  11. #11
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15866
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Naah! I believe you are running on your works based emotions and are confused as to how anyone in your camp can know if he/she is saved because Calvin couldn't know either. Sorry, handing out tracts don't cut the mustard.
    You say this because you do not know God's grace, therefore you cannot comprehend it in others.
    God adopts whom He wills according to the choice He made before the foundation of the world. God tells us this and I believe it. All glory to God. His grace is amazing.

  12. #12
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    You say this because you do not know God's grace, therefore you cannot comprehend it in others.
    God adopts whom He wills according to the choice He made before the foundation of the world. God tells us this and I believe it. All glory to God. His grace is amazing.

    wonderful! Go for it!
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  13. #13
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15866
    [QUOTE=Cross Reference;5261295]
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post


    LOL!!!




    You know little and presume much.

    How do you do that? I tried that and it didn't work. I had to get serious about God before I He would reveal it to me. I can now "smell the coffee".



    Well you might try because he murdered/or allow Christians to be murdered. Surely, you have conscience??


    That is probably where you went wrong, doncha think?


    Naah! It would have been impossible for you to draw even your unlearned conclusions as you have if you had.



    Probably because it seems neither of you learned anything by your efforts. Thank the devil for that.
    Your blindness and deafness makes you an ignorant person proudly proclaiming the god you have created in your own image.

  14. #14
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15866
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    wonderful! Go for it!
    God has already reconciled me by His grace alone. I don't have to go for anything.

  15. #15
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 634 Times in 577 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    90547
    Then go back to bed. I don't care.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us