User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 319

Thread: Jesus, Paul and the Law

  1. #76
    BANNED God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    You know you're wrong. Keep lying to yourself as your means of denial.
    Paul taught the exact same thing as Jesus taught when he walked the earth.

    Do you really think that Paul is the biggest hypocrite ever?

    Do you think that Paul would say may a curse be on all those preach another gospel---after himself teaching another gospel, as you say!

  2. #77
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,586
    Thanks
    20,176
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,695 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147591
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Paul taught the exact same thing as Jesus taught when he walked the earth.

    Do you really think that Paul is the biggest hypocrite ever?

    Do you think that Paul would say may a curse be on all those preach another gospel---after himself teaching another gospel, as you say!
    For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it! - 2 Corinthians 11:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

    That's you, GT.

  3. #78
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    852
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16940
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    No one receives the Holy Spirit unless they obey; and, after they receive the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit does not make you obey, you still have to do the obeying.
    Smh...no. You are a Judaiser and heretic.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MennoSota For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 22nd, 2018)

  5. #79
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    852
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16940
    Like Paul, I wish you would mutilate yourself rather than preach your heresy.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Paul taught the exact same thing as Jesus taught when he walked the earth.

    Do you really think that Paul is the biggest hypocrite ever?

    Do you think that Paul would say may a curse be on all those preach another gospel---after himself teaching another gospel, as you say!
    Galatians 3:1-14
    [1]Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross.
    [2]Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ.
    [3]How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?
    [4]Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it?
    [5]I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ.
    [6]In the same way, “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.”
    [7]The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God.
    [8]What’s more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would declare the Gentiles to be righteous because of their faith. God proclaimed this good news to Abraham long ago when he said, “All nations will be blessed through you.”
    [9]So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith.
    [10]But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, “Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God’s Book of the Law.”
    [11]So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
    [12]This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.”
    [13]But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”
    [14]Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.
    Galatians 5:7-10,12
    [7]You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth?
    [8]It certainly isn’t God, for he is the one who called you to freedom.
    [9]This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!
    [10]I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you.
    [12]I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves.

  6. #80
    BANNED God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it! - 2 Corinthians 11:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

    That's you, GT.
    So you want to preach that Paul is a hypocrite teaching another gospel?

  7. #81
    BANNED God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Like Paul, I wish you would mutilate yourself rather than preach your heresy.


    Galatians 3:1-14
    [1]Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross.
    [2]Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ.
    [3]How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?
    [4]Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it?
    [5]I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ.
    [6]In the same way, “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.”
    [7]The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God.
    [8]What’s more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would declare the Gentiles to be righteous because of their faith. God proclaimed this good news to Abraham long ago when he said, “All nations will be blessed through you.”
    [9]So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith.
    [10]But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, “Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God’s Book of the Law.”
    [11]So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
    [12]This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.”
    [13]But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”
    [14]Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.
    Galatians 5:7-10,12
    [7]You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth?
    [8]It certainly isn’t God, for he is the one who called you to freedom.
    [9]This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!
    [10]I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you.
    [12]I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves.
    That s about being talked into being justified by the old works of the law which circumcision of the flesh was the sign and seal.

    I don't preach circumcision.

  8. #82
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,586
    Thanks
    20,176
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,695 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147591
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    That s about being talked into being justified by the old works of the law which circumcision of the flesh was the sign and seal.

    I don't preach circumcision.
    Circumcision is cutting off the flesh (literally).

    The law is cutting off the flesh symbolically, but given the opportunity, will do so literally.

    You teach circumcision (not literal cutting off the flesh, but symbolic), because you teach the law, when Christians have already died to the law and their flesh. You teach a different Gospel wgich is not another, because you teach "you must keep the law."

  9. #83
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    852
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16940
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    That s about being talked into being justified by the old works of the law which circumcision of the flesh was the sign and seal.

    I don't preach circumcision.
    Sure you do. You preach justification by works, which is what the Judaisers taught. Your teaching is parallel with theirs. Satan is working in you. May God break the chains that Satan has upon you. I have no desire to have you spend eternity in hell.

  10. #84
    BANNED God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Circumcision is cutting off the flesh (literally).

    The law is cutting off the flesh symbolically, but given the opportunity, will do so literally.

    You teach circumcision (not literal cutting off the flesh, but symbolic), because you teach the law, when Christians have already died to the law and their flesh. You teach a different Gospel wgich is not another, because you teach "you must keep the law."
    What do you think happens when a person repents of their their sins, promises to sin no more, to die to sins and live to please Jesus?

  11. #85
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,586
    Thanks
    20,176
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,695 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147591
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    What do you think happens when a person repents of their their sins, promises to sin no more, to die to sins and live to please Jesus?
    Nothing, because that isn't what saves. They will go on sinning, being a hypocrite, and Christ will say come Judgment day, "Depart from me, for I never knew you."

    Why? Because they didn't confess the Lord Jesus with their mouth and believe God raised Him from the dead.

    Everything you said must come after that, otherwise it's meaningless.

  12. #86
    BANNED God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Sure you do. You preach justification by works, which is what the Judaisers taught.
    Under the old law, the people had to be justified to be a child of God.
    God gave them certain works to do to purify themselves.
    The people had to do all that purifying/cleaning/justifying themselves.
    They had to do different external baths before they could go to the temple where God's Spirit was, they had to adhere to a special diet, and they had a priest who performed many things with sacrificed animals, to clean the people.
    Since Jesus shed his blood on the cross, he is the Sacrificed Lamb once and for all; and his blood cleans us, and all we have to do is have faith that it does, but we still have to do what Jesus taught while he walked the earth, and that was to repent and believe in him.
    No one has to get circumcised and offer animals anymore and go to the temple to be near God, for Jesus is our circumcision and we become the temple.
    We still have to do what Jesus says to do when he walked the earth. We have to have faith, which Jesus taught. We have to repent of our sins; and we have to forgive others.

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Your teaching is parallel with theirs. Satan is working in you. May God break the chains that Satan has upon you. I have no desire to have you spend eternity in hell.
    Who but Satan would be behind preaching we don't have to obey Jesus?

  13. #87
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,586
    Thanks
    20,176
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,695 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147591
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Under the old law, the people had to be justified to be a child of God.
    God gave them certain works to do to purify themselves.
    The people had to do all that purifying/cleaning/justifying themselves.
    They had to do different external baths before they could go to the temple where God's Spirit was, they had to do adhere to a special diet, and they had a priest who performed many things with sacrificed animals, to clean the people.
    Since Jesus shed on the cross, he is the Sacrificed Lamb once and for all; and his blood cleans us, and all we have to do is have faith that it does, but we still have to do what Jesus taught while he walked the earth, and that was to repent and believe in him.
    No one has to get circumcised and offer animals anymore and go to the temple to be near God, for Jesus is our circumcision and we become the temple.
    We still have to do what Jesus says to do when he walked the earth. We have to have faith, which Jesus taught. We have to repent of our sins; and we have to forgive others.



    Who but Satan would be behind preaching we don't have to obey Jesus?
    Israel had to keep not just the ceremonial laws, but ALL THE LAWS, ceremonial AND moral and civil. Jesus says to keep the WHOLE law, not just the parts you want to keep otherwise you're guilty of all of it.

    Paul says DON'T keep the law, because if you keep the law, you're cursed, because if you keep one law, you must keep them all.

  14. #88
    BANNED God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Nothing, because that isn't what saves. They will go on sinning, being a hypocrite, and Christ will say come Judgment day, "Depart from me, for I never knew you."

    Why? Because they didn't confess the Lord Jesus with their mouth and believe God raised Him from the dead.

    Everything you said must come after that, otherwise it's meaningless.
    If one confesses with their mouth that Jesus is their Lord, then they had better obeyed by confessing and repenting of their sins.

    Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

    Matthew 7:21
    Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

  15. #89
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,586
    Thanks
    20,176
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,695 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147591
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    If one confesses with their mouth that Jesus is their Lord, then they had better obeyed by confessing and repenting of their sins.

    Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

    Matthew 7:21
    Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
    "they had better..."

    That's law. You're putting a burden on believers whom not even the fathers of Israel couldn't bear.

    You're trying to get people to put themselves under a curse, to get people to cut off their flesh to be holy, which isn't possible for man. Only Christ who is God is holy, and he already fulfilled the law. Yet you insist on removing the nails from Christ's hands and saying "no, let me keep the law so that I can be holy."

  16. #90
    BANNED God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Israel had to keep not just the ceremonial laws, but ALL THE LAWS, ceremonial AND moral and civil.
    And James explains that if you obey by not stealing from your neighbor which is credited to you as love, but you broke another law against your neighbor like commit adultery with your neighbor, then you have broken the 'love your neighbor' command.
    Try to listen to what I say instead of hardening yourself and so not getting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Jesus says to keep the WHOLE law, not just the parts you want to keep otherwise you're guilty of all of it.
    Jesus did not teach when to get circumcised of the flesh, what various baths to take if you had a discharge, or when you sat where someone with a natural emission sat. Jesus didn't teach to bring animals to the priest. Jesus knew he would fulfill all the cleaning/purification/ceremonial laws.
    Think for yourself if it is right to say we don't have to obey God anymore and if we do then we are not saved. I believed in God and Jesus since a small child, but I did not know him and was not saved until I started to obey him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Paul says DON'T keep the law, because if you keep the law, you're cursed, because if you keep one law, you must keep them all.
    Paul was not talking about don't obey to get saved. Paul was talking about don't do the purification works of the law, i.e. circumcision.
    You are badly mistaken for saying Paul said to believe and be careful not to obey so that you can be saved.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us