Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    GT

It appears to me that you don't have faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Like the Calvinist you trusting in something else, when you should be trusting in Christ alone. You have made the law your Jesus.
    What you have fallen for is something Peter says is ignorant and insane, and James says is foolish.

Never ever is it okay to preach there is a good and right time not to do what God says...and then to teach that God says this time don't obey only believe because it will save you.

You don't have faith in what Christ has done to save you,so you add your obedience to the Gospel, which makes it another Gospel. The Gospel plus your obedience is another Gospel and is not the Gospel that Paul taught.
    You make Paul a major sinner who is also the biggest hypocrite ever, for Paul says no other gospel.

In Paul's Gospel we rest "In Christ". You are not resting in Christ, you are resting in the law. You have not entered into his rest.
    Paul didn't make a new covenant, Jesus Christ did.

Paul taught what Jesus taught.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.
    That scripture is about not have to do the works of the law called the purification/ceremonial works.

You are striving to keep the law,
    Jesus' commands are Spirit and full of life. It is easy, light, and not burdensom.

which is a work of the flesh and a work of the law.
    Again, Jesus' teachings are the works of the spirit inside a person...fear God, humble youself, repent of sins, forgive others.

The works of the old law was about the flesh...circumcise your flesh, do various external washings before going to the temple if you had a natural discharge, or sat where someone with a discharge sat, adhere to a special diet, attend and participate in special days, bring animals to sacrifice...

Instead of trusting in the righteousness of Christ for your salvation, you are trusting in your own righteousness. Which is worth nothing. When you stand before God in the judgment in your own righteousness, you will disappear in a puff of smoke, simply because like Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
    You are really ensnared.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,325 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    What you have fallen for is something Peter says is ignorant and insane, and James says is foolish.

Never ever is it okay to preach there is a good and right time not to do what God says...and then to teach that God says this time don't obey only believe because it will save you.

You make Paul a major sinner who is also the biggest hypocrite ever, for Paul says no other gospel.

Paul didn't make a new covenant, Jesus Christ did.

Paul taught what Jesus taught.

That scripture is about not have to do the works of the law called the purification/ceremonial works.

Jesus' commands are Spirit and full of life. It is easy, light, and not burdensom.

Again, Jesus' teachings are the works of the spirit inside a person...fear God, humble youself, repent of sins, forgive others.

The works of the old law was about the flesh...circumcise your flesh, do various external washings before going to the temple if you had a natural discharge, or sat where someone with a discharge sat, adhere to a special diet, attend and participate in special days, bring animals to sacrifice...

You are really ensnared.

You are without hope. Your hope is in yourself and not Christ.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are without hope. Your hope is in yourself and not Christ.
    My hope is in the Word of God.

You have to do what the Word says.

Jesus is the Way.

Do what the Way says.

Don't go against what God says.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hope is in the Word of God.

You have to do what the Word says.

Jesus is the Way.

Do what the Way says.

Don't go against what God says.

God says that you are a sinner and need a savior. Jesus is the way, not the law.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God says that you are a sinner and need a savior. Jesus is the way, not the law.
    Jesus is the Way, do what the Way says.

Trust everything that Jesus says.
    Last edited by God's Truth; August 12th, 2018 at 04:08 PM.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not the Gospel plus your obedience. It is the Gospel plus nothing. When you add your obedience to the Gospel you have perverted the Gospel, Galatians 1:7. Jesus does not need your help to save you. Jesus saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not the Gospel plus your obedience. It is the Gospel plus nothing. When you add your obedience to the Gospel you have perverted the Gospel, Galatians 1:7. Jesus does not need your help to save you. Jesus saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.
    You pervert the gospel when you preach that it is wrong to do what Jesus says to do to get saved.

Who but the devil would like that preached?

"Believe AND obey, then you are not saved"; "Believe and obey, then you are a perverter".

Now that is insane.

2 Timothy 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So what Jesus taught is now perversion?!

Jesus teaches us to obey him.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
    John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 19:17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

John 10:1 [ The Good Shepherd and His Sheep ] “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what Jesus taught is now perversion?!

Jesus teaches us to obey him.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
    John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 19:17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

John 10:1 [ The Good Shepherd and His Sheep ] “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

Jesus taught the law to show you that you don't measure up to God's standards.

Paul plainly teaches that salvation is by grace (God's goodness) through faith, apart from works or obedience to the law, Ephesians 2:8.

You are adding obedience to the Gospel and in doing so you are perverting the Gospel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (August 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So God didn't really say ___? He really meant "___"?

No, you say it the way that Satan said in Genesis 3:1. Look it up.

Paul plainly teaches that salvation is by grace (God's goodness) through faith, apart from works or obedience to the law, Ephesians 2:8.
    God doesn't say 'not by obedience'.
    God says not by works of the law, which means not by the purification/ceremonial works.

You are adding obedience to the Gospel and in doing so you are perverting the Gospel.
    It is not perverted to say we have to obey God.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So God didn't really say ___? He really meant "___"?

No, you say it the way that Satan said in Genesis 3:1. Look it up.

God doesn't say 'not by obedience'.
    God says not by works of the law, which means not by the purification/ceremonial works.

It is not perverted to say we have to obey God.

There is no scripture that says, "Therefore being justified by our "obedience" we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

What it does say is... "Therefore being justified by FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1.

We are justified by faith alone, because we are justified by CHRIST ALONE. Jesus is the justifier of the ungodly.

"Now to him that does no works (or obedience) but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

If you were a Christian you would know and believe these things because they are in the Bible.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St. Paul taught we will be made holy and pure.

What is holy doesn't dwell in the same vessel as that which is vile.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

God's Truth (August 12th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    St. Paul taught we will be made holy and pure.

What is holy doesn't dwell in the same vessel as that which is vile.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies that are infected with sin we are sinners. A sinner is one that is not able to keep God's law. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Paul understood that he failed to keep the law and referred to himself as a sinner, Romans 7:7-25.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we are in these Adamic bodies that are infected with sin we are sinners. A sinner is one that is not able to keep God's law. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Paul understood that he failed to keep the law and referred to himself as a sinner, Romans 7:7-25.
    And what of the law of the Spirit?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

God's Truth (August 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Paul never ever calls us 'sinners in Christ'.

We are 'saints' in Christ.

Thread Information