Thread: Which one is correct?

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1 View Post
    There must be some standard or requirement, am sure God just don' t wily- nily and pick anyone so makes you any better than I if Jesus came tonight?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk
    There is a standard and all humanity misses the mark.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    God tells us that he chose whom he adopts from before the foundation of the world. (Ephesians 1:4-5) God made his choice with no consultation from anyone. He doesn't reveal how he chose. He only reveals that humans are hopelessly corrupt and cannot do anything to merit God's forgiveness. How mad would you be if a murderer told a judge he was sorry and wouldn't kill again...and the judge just said..."okay, you're free to go"? There would be no justice.
    God did justly punish sin for those whom he chooses to pardon. That punishment fell upon Jesus who gave himself as a propitiation for those whom God gives faith.
    No one is better than any other person. God isn't measuring out the self-righteous and picking them. If that were the case, then the Pharisees were the best of the best.
    If Jesus came tonight, I could only fall at Godís feet and say "I do not merit your choice. I am at your mercy. Do with me as you deem right. May Jesus Christ be praised."

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    There is a standard and all humanity misses the mark.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    God tells us that he chose whom he adopts from before the foundation of the world. (Ephesians 1:4-5) God made his choice with no consultation from anyone. He doesn't reveal how he chose. He only reveals that humans are hopelessly corrupt and cannot do anything to merit God's forgiveness. How mad would you be if a murderer told a judge he was sorry and wouldn't kill again...and the judge just said..."okay, you're free to go"? There would be no justice.
    God did justly punish sin for those whom he chooses to pardon. That punishment fell upon Jesus who gave himself as a propitiation for those whom God gives faith.
    No one is better than any other person. God isn't measuring out the self-righteous and picking them. If that were the case, then the Pharisees were the best of the best.
    If Jesus came tonight, I could only fall at Godís feet and say "I do not merit your choice. I am at your mercy. Do with me as you deem right. May Jesus Christ be praised."
    Touch`e

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 760 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    no religion is the best religion.
    If you are saying that none of the existing religions can be considered to be the best religion, then you may be right.
    If you are saying that the best religion is a lack of any religion, then you are definitely wrong.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information