User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Die To The Old Testament Law

  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool Die To The Old Testament Law

    Die To The Old Testament Law
    [Jhn 10:1, 8-9
    1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
    8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
    9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
    [Gal 2:19, 21
    19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. ...
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    [Rom 7:6
    6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
    [Gal 2:19-21
    19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
    20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    [Heb 7:12, 18
    12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
    18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
    [Gal 5:1-4
    1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
    2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
    3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
    4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    [Heb 8:13
    13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    [Heb 9:13-18
    13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
    14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
    16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
    18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.
    [Gal 3:11-14
    11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God [is] evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
    12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
    13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who hangs on a tree"),
    14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
    [Rom 13:10
    10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
    [Rom 13:8
    8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    [1Co 4:6
    6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
    [Rev 22:18-19
    18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

    xxx Jesus tells us there is no righteousness in the old testament law. So we are to die to it. Jesus brought us a new covenant with better promises, and the way of righteousness in the new testament law of Christ. But anyone who hangs onto the old testament law will fall from grace. And be disqualified for Christianity.

  2. #2
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,442
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 411 Times in 374 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Die To The Old Testament Law
    [Jhn 10:1, 8-9
    1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
    8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
    9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
    [Gal 2:19, 21
    19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. ...
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    [Rom 7:6
    6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
    [Gal 2:19-21
    19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
    20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    [Heb 7:12, 18
    12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
    18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
    [Gal 5:1-4
    1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
    2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
    3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
    4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    [Heb 8:13
    13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    [Heb 9:13-18
    13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
    14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
    16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
    18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.
    [Gal 3:11-14
    11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God [is] evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
    12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
    13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who hangs on a tree"),
    14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
    [Rom 13:10
    10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
    [Rom 13:8
    8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    [1Co 4:6
    6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
    [Rev 22:18-19
    18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

    xxx Jesus tells us there is no righteousness in the old testament law. So we are to die to it. Jesus brought us a new covenant with better promises, and the way of righteousness in the new testament law of Christ. But anyone who hangs onto the old testament law will fall from grace. And be disqualified for Christianity.
    He was clear...”Sabbath was made for man”...you a man sneaky?

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Watch out for those who want you to keep the old testament law. They don't even keep it themselves.

    [Act 15:24
    24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "[You must] be circumcised and keep the law"--to whom we gave no [such] commandment--
    [Gal 6:13
    13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    He was clear...”Sabbath was made for man”...you a man sneaky?
    I said
    And Jesus gave me a choice. I can keep it one day a week or 7 days a week. Its my choice.

    [Rom 14:4-6
    4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
    5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
    6 He who observes the day, observes [it] to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe [it]. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

  5. #5
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,442
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 411 Times in 374 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    And Jesus gave me a choice. I can keep it one day a week or 7 days a week. Its my choice.

    [Rom 14:4-6
    4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
    5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
    6 He who observes the day, observes [it] to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe [it]. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
    Not only do you misuse this text but you ignore the one clarifying who a Sabbath keeping remains for...His people...

    You apparently are not one of those who “here are they that keep the Commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

    Sneaky insists his 9/10ths obedience is not a offering of Cain...a golden calf...

    Doing as He did following Him is NOT keeping Sabbath every day...

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Not only do you misuse this text but you ignore the one clarifying who a Sabbath keeping remains for...His people...

    You apparently are not one of those who “here are they that keep the Commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

    Sneaky insists his 9/10ths obedience is not a offering of Cain...a golden calf...

    Doing as He did following Him is NOT keeping Sabbath every day...
    I said
    Its obvious your gross exaggerations are from your devil. Your reasoning is all carnal. You have absolutely no evidence to support what you say. Its ok to keep the Sabbath. That is your choice. But your claim that I'm against it is a lie.

  7. #7
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,442
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 411 Times in 374 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Its obvious your gross exaggerations are from your devil. Your reasoning is all carnal. You have absolutely no evidence to support what you say. Its ok to keep the Sabbath. That is your choice. But your claim that I'm against it is a lie.
    You have repeatedly stated the Sabbath commandment in NOT in the NT and have repeatedly misused texts in attempts to change both times and laws...

    Saying you can keep any day Sabbath is NOT keeping a commandment He actually instructed specific prayers be prayed that it would be kept in the future...

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    You have repeatedly stated the Sabbath commandment in NOT in the NT and have repeatedly misused texts in attempts to change both times and laws...

    Saying you can keep any day Sabbath is NOT keeping a commandment He actually instructed specific prayers be prayed that it would be kept in the future...

    I said
    All you have to do is show me where it says to keep the Sabbath day Holy in the new testament. Oh that's right it isn't in there. But you are trying to put it in there. Maybe you should take this up with God and tell Him He made a mistake.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=Squeaky;5255722]I said
    All you have to do is show me where it says to keep the Sabbath day Holy in the new testament. Oh that's right it isn't in there. But you are trying to put it in there. Maybe you should take this up with God and tell Him He made a mistake. The reason God put the rules of believing in scripture was to stop radicals like you from adding things to scripture. The rules of believing are don't think beyond what is written. If it isn't written in the new testament we don't keep it. And not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

    [1Co 4:6
    6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

    [Rev 22:18-19
    18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    If you will look all your reasoning is from your imagination. You have no proof. Get rid of your imagination. What we use against the devil and our imagination is the verses. You don't, but us real Christians do.

    [2Co 10:4-5
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

  11. #11
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,442
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 411 Times in 374 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    If you will look all your reasoning is from your imagination. You have no proof. Get rid of your imagination. What we use against the devil and our imagination is the verses. You don't, but us real Christians do.

    [2Co 10:4-5
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
    We establish Law squeaky and what you are trying to establish is not His Law...

    It remains:

    Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith of Yahushua

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    We establish Law squeaky and what you are trying to establish is not His Law...

    It remains:

    Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith of Yahushua

    I said
    lol Your an idiot. Read the OP. That is Gods law. For Christians anyway. Not for you. We still don't know what you are.

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 559 Times in 504 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    [Act 15:19-24, 26-29
    19 "Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God,
    20 "but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, [from] sexual immorality, [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.
    21 "For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath."
    22 Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, [namely], Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren.
    23 They wrote this [letter] by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings.
    24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "[You must] be circumcised and keep the law"--to whom we gave no [such] commandment-- ...
    26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
    28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
    29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us