User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: What is the difference between an illegal alien and an immigrant?

  1. #1
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,559
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122735

    What is the difference between an illegal alien and an immigrant?

    Is there anyone who lives in the United States of America who is not a Citizen of the United States of America? And, after not accepting immigrants, and when an illegal alien cannot become a Citizen, do we now believe that there is now such a thing as Naturalization here too? What is the concept of a natural born citizen? I was born here in the United States of America. That is how I am a Citizen. Was I born a Citizen? Yes, because the only way that you can be a Citizen is if you were born here. I am not a Roman. I do not believe in a revived Roman Empire. What is a Mother Tongue? A Native Tongue? I do speak English. We have the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Then even if we have an American Calendar. Because I am a Jew, a former Christian having been born a Gentile.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  2. #2
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,878
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    322770
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    That is how I am a Citizen. Was I born a Citizen? Yes, because the only way that you can be a Citizen is if you were born here.
    No, that's wrong. One of your responsibilities as a citizen, is to know such things.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  3. #3
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,559
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122735
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    No, that's wrong. One of your responsibilities as a citizen, is to know such things.
    If you were born here how would there ever be a question of if you are a Citizen? Because that is how a person is a Citizen.

    An immigrant cannot become a Citizen. And an illegal alien cannot become a legal alien even if they would still be an alien. Do you know what illegal means? A status or they have done something wrong. Not by our Law but by our Border.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 147 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    49244


    Every time I see illegal aliens, I think of this picture. hehe.

  5. #5
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,559
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122735
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post


    Every time I see illegal aliens, I think of this picture. hehe.
    An alien that does not belong?

    What is a foreign Diplomat?

    Do you know what a Resident is?

    Someone who lives where?

    There is a difference between Residential and Commercial.

    Where do you reside?

    Where is your place of residence?

    I live at Park Place here in Tacoma, Washington.

    What does it mean to be working in Residential?

    What is a foreign alien? What is a foreigner?

    Do you reside in the Land?

    What you think about what you see is also important.

    A resident alien?

    Which State a person lives in or resides in, what a resident is, and the requirement to hold the Office of President of the United States of America. When a person is born, do they first belong to the nation in which they were born?

    When I was in another state I could go to school, and work, but do people need to know you?
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  6. #6
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,878
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    322770
    Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    That is how I am a Citizen. Was I born a Citizen? Yes, because the only way that you can be a Citizen is if you were born here.
    No, that's wrong. One of your responsibilities as a citizen, is to know such things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    If you were born here how would there ever be a question of if you are a Citizen? Because that is how a person is a Citizen.
    Not the only way. You should know that, if you're a citizen.

    An immigrant cannot become a Citizen.
    Sorry, you're wrong. That happens every day.

    And an illegal alien cannot become a legal alien
    Ronald Reagan would disagree with you. He did that for a lot of them.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    WizardofOz (July 11th, 2018)

  8. #7
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,559
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122735
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    No, that's wrong. One of your responsibilities as a citizen, is to know such things.



    Not the only way. You should know that, if you're a citizen.



    Sorry, you're wrong. That happens every day.



    Ronald Reagan would disagree with you. He did that for a lot of them.
    You have demonstrated that you do not understand. Very dangerous for our country. If no Muslims can come here, then how would there be any Muslim Citizens in the Military? Review that or we are still a part of the land of opportunity.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  9. #8
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,159
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 944 Times in 721 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    686974
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    You have demonstrated that you do not understand. Very dangerous for our country. If no Muslims can come here, then how would there be any Muslim Citizens in the Military? Review that or we are still a part of the land of opportunity.
    Sorry but I'm not following this discussion very well. Are you against immigration at large or....what?
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  10. #9
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,559
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122735
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Sorry but I'm not following this discussion very well. Are you against immigration at large or....what?
    Making aliyah would be different.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  11. #10
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,159
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 944 Times in 721 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    686974
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Making aliyah would be different.
    So....are you making special dispensations for immigration into Israel?

    Is this not hypocrisy?

    I'm still at a loss to your point.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to quip For Your Post:

    WizardofOz (July 11th, 2018)

  13. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7952
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    An immigrant cannot become a Citizen.
    The US government disagrees.
    https://www.usa.gov/become-us-citizen

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MennoSota For Your Post:

    WizardofOz (July 11th, 2018)

  15. #12
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    9,585
    Thanks
    2,248
    Thanked 6,767 Times in 4,701 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147715
    What is the difference between an illegal alien and an alien?
    So, what?

    believe it!

  16. #13
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    9,585
    Thanks
    2,248
    Thanked 6,767 Times in 4,701 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147715
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Making aliyah would be different.
    I like aliyah with hot salsa
    So, what?

    believe it!

  17. #14
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,559
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122735
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    So....are you making special dispensations for immigration into Israel?

    Is this not hypocrisy?

    I'm still at a loss to your point.
    I could just go. But people say that this is not true. Better yet the person who just does.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  18. #15
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,559
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122735
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    The US government disagrees.
    https://www.usa.gov/become-us-citizen
    Were you on a track to be the President?

    China and the railroads, the prohibition, balloons from Japan thus bomb shelters. Different from things hidden. However, what is a woman from China in California who was an immigrant, not saying that you are, and if it is possible to immigrate to America? Or is this just my mind or brain? No immigrants allowed or we did not allow or we were not allowing immigrants. Different from our fellow Jews and if we are classified as immigrants while I am not Canadian or German, except if I was conceived in Canada. I have gone to Canada. I live here in the United States of America, but I am an Israelite and a Levite after becoming both a proselyte and a convert, a Ger, though I am a Resident here, thus I could be the President of the United States of America after turning 35, though I have a school loan which may prevent me. No one should buy anything on credit. I observe the Jewish Hebrew Biblical Torah based Calendar, before the one out of Babylon. I will follow your link after making this post.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us