User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Jesus Changed The Law-Examples

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7952
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    You never did tell me what version of bible you use. It looks weird.
    LOL, most churches use the version I provided.
    I notice how you deliberately leave out verses that are a part of the text. You did it with Galatians 2 and with Hebrews 7.
    The Holy Spirit doesn't chop up the Bible like that.
    It's become obvious that you are not receiving any guidance from the Holy Spirit when you share scripture.
    Even so, it's good to read God's word. It's much more honest when the passage is shared rather than one or two verses out of context.

  2. #17
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    LOL, most churches use the version I provided.
    I notice how you deliberately leave out verses that are a part of the text. You did it with Galatians 2 and with Hebrews 7.
    The Holy Spirit doesn't chop up the Bible like that.
    It's become obvious that you are not receiving any guidance from the Holy Spirit when you share scripture.
    Even so, it's good to read God's word. It's much more honest when the passage is shared rather than one or two verses out of context.
    I said
    SCRIPTURE IS ALREADY OUT OF CONTEXT(YOU NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT TO PUT IT RIGHT)(HE WILL ONLY QUOTE VERSES)
    John 16:25
    25 "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father
    John 16:29
    29 His disciples said to Him, "See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech!
    John 12:49
    49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
    Matt 13:34
    34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
    Matt 13:9-11
    9 "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
    10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
    11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
    John 16:12
    12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
    2 Tim 2:19
    19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
    1 Cor 3:1-2
    1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
    2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
    Heb 5:12-14
    12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
    13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
    14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
    2 Cor 5:5
    5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
    John 14:26
    26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
    John 8:43
    43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
    Mark 4:13-15
    13 And He said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?
    14 "The sower sows the word.
    15 "And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.
    Mark 4:18-19
    18 "Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word,
    19 "and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
    1 Cor 2:13
    13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    2 Cor 3:5-6
    5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
    6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
    1 Cor 2:7
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    1 Cor 1:18-19
    18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
    1 Cor 1:21
    21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
    2 Pet 3:16
    16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
    (NKJ)
    xxx The bible is already out of context. What the bible says is that everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables. And everything Paul spoke he spoke the milk understanding. But they both said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses in the meat. There is a milk understanding and there is a meat understanding. The meat is only verses. Your receive the gifts of the Spirit in the milk, but to go into the meat you have to follow the verses(Holy Spirit).


    2 Tim 3:12
    12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
    (NKJ)

    2 Tim 3:14-15
    14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    (NKJ)

    see also the revelations of Jesus Christ, and the hidden language of the Holy Spirit

  3. #18
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,842
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 557 Times in 466 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    130003
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Well if you keep yourself under the old testament law you will be judged by the old testament law. If you keep just one thing in the old testament law that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament. You will put yourself in subjection to the whole entire old testament. And you will fall from grace.

    [Jas 2:10
    10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

    [Gal 5:1-4
    1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
    2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
    3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
    4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    I disagree, it is my faith that I will be judged by. Faith requires works. Works I do because I love him. No other reason. The Law is LOVE friend, to keep it in the spirit is to let love run your life. love is not a burden. My mind is with my father, we are one for he has given me love that I understand and feel.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  4. #19
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I disagree, it is my faith that I will be judged by. Faith requires works. Works I do because I love him. No other reason. The Law is LOVE friend, to keep it in the spirit is to let love run your life. love is not a burden. My mind is with my father, we are one for he has given me love that I understand and feel.
    I said
    I don't think you understand what love is. The law punishes others. Love forgives others. You cant stand up for both. The law forces others to submit. Love turns the other cheek. There is no love in the law.

    [1Ti 1:5
    5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, [from] a good conscience, and [from] sincere faith,
    [Rom 13:8
    8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    [Rom 13:10
    10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.

  5. #20
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I disagree, it is my faith that I will be judged by. Faith requires works. Works I do because I love him. No other reason. The Law is LOVE friend, to keep it in the spirit is to let love run your life. love is not a burden. My mind is with my father, we are one for he has given me love that I understand and feel.
    I said
    This is where it gets a little confusing. It says the law was changed. I showed you were some of the law was changed. And you don't think the law was changed.

  6. #21
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,842
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 557 Times in 466 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    130003
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    I don't think you understand what love is. The law punishes others. Love forgives others. You cant stand up for both. The law forces others to submit. Love turns the other cheek. There is no love in the law.

    [1Ti 1:5
    5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, [from] a good conscience, and [from] sincere faith,
    [Rom 13:8
    8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    [Rom 13:10
    10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
    The Law teaches us how to love friend.

    Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

    Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

    Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

    Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

    The LAW should be kept from your heart. Love him enough to live by the content of his Law.

    The Law will not save you, it is just a guide to his wishes.

    Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  7. #22
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    The Law teaches us how to love friend.

    Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

    Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

    Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

    Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

    The LAW should be kept from your heart. Love him enough to live by the content of his Law.

    The Law will not save you, it is just a guide to his wishes.

    Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
    I said
    Die To The Old Testament Law
    [Jhn 10:1, 8-9
    1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
    8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
    9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
    [Gal 2:19, 21
    19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. ...
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    [Rom 7:6
    6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
    [Gal 2:19-21
    19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
    20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    [Heb 7:12, 18
    12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
    18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
    [Gal 5:1-4
    1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
    2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
    3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
    4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    [Heb 8:13
    13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    [Heb 9:13-18
    13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
    14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
    16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
    18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.
    [Gal 3:11-14
    11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God [is] evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
    12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
    13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who hangs on a tree"),
    14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
    [Rom 13:10
    10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
    [Rom 13:8
    8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    [1Co 4:6
    6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
    [Rev 22:18-19
    18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

    XXX To die to the old testament law is required to be born again. The law is not of faith.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us