User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The World God so Loved !

  1. #1
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,849
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,819 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000

    The World God so Loved !

    John 3:16

    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    This world is not the object of Gods condemnation but of His saving purpose through Christ.

    Notice Vs 17

    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    So this world was never under Gods wrath or condemnation as these are Jn 3:18,36 and this world 1 Cor 11:32

    32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

    The world God Loved isnt condemned but chastened as a token of Gods Love Heb 12:6

    6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth

    Rev 3:19

    19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. #2
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanks
    1,637
    Thanked 772 Times in 744 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    John 3:16

    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    This world is not the object of Gods condemnation but of His saving purpose through Christ.

    Notice Vs 17

    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    So this world was never under Gods wrath or condemnation as these are Jn 3:18,36 and this world 1 Cor 11:32

    32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

    The world God Loved isnt condemned but chastened as a token of Gods Love Heb 12:6

    6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth

    Rev 3:19

    19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

    Amen ! The World God Loved is Limited to an exact amount of people: His Chosen Adopted Sons Eph. 1:4-5; the Many Sons He brings to Glory that Christ died for, and for whom He is the Captain of their Salvation exclusively.

    Heb. 2:10

    For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.


    So then, as a consequence of their being His Chosen Sons, they were never under God's Wrath or condemnation at any time because God laid on Christ all their sins / iniquities Is 53:6. Therefore, because they are rebuked and chastened of the Lord Rev. 3:19; not condemned with the world 1 Cor. 11:32, they shall automatically receive the Adoption of Sons.


    Gal. 4:4-6

    4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

    5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

    6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.


    It's because they are His Sons that God sends them His Spirit in New Birth.


    But all others who are outside of God's Sons, have no love for Jesus Christ, because they have a different father, as Jesus told these jews:


    John 8:42-44

    42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

    43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word [John 8:47].

    44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

    God never loved the devils children; they are anathema: Completely outside of being the ones that consist of the World that God Loved and Christ died for John 3:16 !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    MennoSota (July 11th, 2018)

  4. #3
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,849
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,819 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    The World God so Loved that whosoever is believing in Him shall have eternal life, it's comprised of all of them that are the "as many as the Father gave Him" described in Jn 17:2

    as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He [a]should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him
    Last edited by beloved57; July 11th, 2018 at 08:55 AM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. #4
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanks
    1,637
    Thanked 772 Times in 744 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The World God so Loved that whosoever is believing in Him shall have eternal life, it's comprised of all of them that are the "as many as the Father gave Him" described in Jn 17:2

    as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He [a]should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him

    As many as were ordained to Eternal Life believed Acts 13:48.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    MennoSota (July 11th, 2018)

  7. #5
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,849
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,819 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    As many as were ordained to Eternal Life believed Acts 13:48.
    Sure you right .

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (July 11th, 2018)

  9. #6
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,849
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,819 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    Jn 3:16 is also the world of Christ Sheep whom He gives to them Eternal Life. Jn 10:26-28

    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.


    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:


    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

    Now this is the same believe and eternal life we see in Jn 3:16, and it pertains to the Sheep
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    MennoSota (July 11th, 2018)

  11. #7
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanks
    1,637
    Thanked 772 Times in 744 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Jn 3:16 is also the world of Christ Sheep whom He gives to them Eternal Life. Jn 10:26-28

    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.


    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:


    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

    Now this is the same believe and eternal life we see in Jn 3:16, and it pertains to the Sheep

    Exactly Brother ! And one of the meanings of the word "world", the Greek word "kosmos" is:

    any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

    https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G2889&t=KJV

    So we can correctly ascertain that the World God Loved and gave His only begotten Son for John 3:16 is the World of Christ's Sheep John 10:11; 15; Heb. 13:20.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (July 11th, 2018),MennoSota (July 11th, 2018)

  13. #8
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,644
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 196 Times in 170 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    John 3 does not teach that God loved the entire human race from Adam to the final human born. To see this, you have to read the surrounding text.
    5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

    9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

    16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
    Jesus tells Nicodemus that one must be born of the Spirit. This is something that only God can do. Ephesians 2 tells us we were dead in our trespasses and sins. It then tells us that God makes us alive in Christ Jesus. That is something that only God can do. Does God give spiritual life to the entire world? We all know by experienced that God does not.
    John 3 tells us that people loved darkness rather than light. This is the nature of who we are. We are rebels who do not want to be exposed by God. Recall Adam and Eve hiding from God until God initiated and demanded they come forth. When God called them, they could not hide.
    Those whom God calls out, will step out because God their good works were carried out by God (vs21). This matches with Ephesians 2:10 which tells us that those whom God made alive by grace and were given the gift of faith, by grace were also created as a workmanship in Christ to display the good works he has preordained for us to do.
    In summary: John 3:16 does not teach unlimited atonement and we know this because of the verses surrounding vs 16 which show that Jesus atonement is limited to those whom God has elected to quicken (make alive) in Christ.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MennoSota For Your Post:

    beloved57 (July 12th, 2018),Nanja (July 12th, 2018)

  15. #9
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,849
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,819 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    nanja

    Exactly Brother ! And one of the meanings of the word "world", the Greek word "kosmos" is:

    any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

    https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G2889&t=KJV
    Yes Mam and many people neglect willfully that definition of the word world !

    Also look at the first definition which is also neglected:

    an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government

    Now what does that remind you of ? The House of Israel and its orderly arrangement by God, which typified the Gods Elect Nation. So The nation of Israel can be a world, and yet it was a nation separated from all other nations. Deut 7:6

    6For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

    This special people is a world , like this one also Ps 33:12

    Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord;
    and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.


    Also this one Ps 147:19-20

    19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
    20He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.
    Last edited by beloved57; July 12th, 2018 at 06:15 AM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  16. #10
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanks
    1,637
    Thanked 772 Times in 744 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    nanja



    Yes Mam and many people neglect willfully that definition of the word world !

    Also look at the first definition which is also neglected:

    an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government

    Now what does that remind you of ? The House of Israel and its orderly arrangement by God, which typified the Gods Elect Nation. So The nation of Israel can be a world, and yet it was a nation separated from all other nations. Deut 7:6

    6For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

    This special people is a world , like this one also Ps 33:12

    Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord;
    and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.


    Also this one Ps 147:19-20

    [FONT="]19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.[/FONT]
    20He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.

    It reminds me of the World of the Church Eph. 5:25:

    ekklēsia

    the assembly of the Israelites

    https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G1577&t=KJV
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  17. #11
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,849
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,819 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    It reminds me of the World of the Church Eph. 5:25:

    ekklēsia

    the assembly of the Israelites

    https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G1577&t=KJV
    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (July 12th, 2018)

  19. #12
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,849
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,819 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    its the World in Christ God so Loved !

    Rom 8:39

    39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.The Love of God is exclusive to them in Christ Jesus.

    That means Gods Love is exclusive to the world of individuals Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world. Eph 1:4-5

    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

    5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  20. #13
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanks
    1,637
    Thanked 772 Times in 744 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    its the World in Christ God so Loved !

    Rom 8:39

    39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.The Love of God is exclusive to them in Christ Jesus.

    That means Gods Love is exclusive to the world of individuals Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world. Eph 1:4-5

    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

    5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

    So True Brother ! All whom God Loves, He Loves exclusively in Christ Jesus. And because of God's Love for His Chosen Ones In Union with Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4 , He sent His Son into the world that they might Live through Him, that is, that they shall have Everlasting Life John 3:16 !

    1 John 4:9
    In this was manifested the love of God toward us [God's Elect], because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that [hina: God's Purpose] we [God's Elect] might live through him.

    And this Life [Everlasting] given to all God's Elect, shall be effectually communicated to each one of them in New Birth so that they may Live Spiritually through Christ because of His Death in their behalf.

    John 6:33
    For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (July 16th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us