Thanks
    Thanked 6,952 Times in 4,818 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I have ... more times than I can count. My only complaint about SF is the traffic and wall to wall people. Outside of that, it's a great place to spend the day.
    The first time I saw it, it made me afraid and i took a bus back across the bay.

Never seen a city looking like that before. outside of movies about east side 'dead end kids' New York.

I believe the year was around 1963, or so?

Later, I went with some friends to "the city" up on Northbeach and went to some beatnik clubs, like Coffee Gallery, and City Lights Bookstore, and a few bars.
    So, what?

believe it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Rusha (July 7th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    What does that even mean to you?
    It means you are a Yankee winter lover, who has pictures of snow-capes on your walls
    So, what?

believe it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

WizardofOz (July 6th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,213 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    It means you are a Yankee winter lover, who has pictures of snow-capes on your walls
    Guilty

You're funny
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Silicon Valley and have visited San Francisco many, many times. Shoot, I'm a life long San Francisco Giants fan. It's a nice place to visit (sightseeing, great restaurants, see the great architecture, mild weather, shopping, and the Giants!) but I would never live there. The city's embrace of homosexual degeneracy borders on the absurd. The city has been run by "progressives" for decades now. They are a "sanctuary city" and several illegal immigrants have committed murder there. One illegal immigrant was deported five times and came back, shot a woman "accidentally" in the back, and was found not guilty. They have a homeless problem but refuse to build more housing because the don't want to mess up the San Francisco "vibe". It's become quite expensive to live there mostly due to lack of new housing, rent control laws, and the mass influx of the tech companies. Now, there are fights between the "tech bros" vs the life long residents. And Gavin Newsom was mayor for awhile. He's Bill Clinton 2.0. If he becomes governor of California...Ugh!!
    Last edited by The Berean; July 6th, 2018 at 09:23 PM.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks
    Thanked 2,884 Times in 1,924 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Does Texas count?
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

annabenedetti (July 6th, 2018),Arthur Brain (July 11th, 2018),Rusha (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shugart , the abject poverty and backwardness of southern states has been caused by the Republicans not the Democrats . This is nothing but a red herring . If Democrats were running them, things would probably be much better in these states than they are now .
    The Republicans have done absolutely nothing good for America since Nixon and Eisenhower . THEIR policies were actually much more enlightened an progressive than today's awful Repugnican party .
    Ever since that idiot Ronald Reagan was elected , things have gone way downhill in America because of the Repugnicans .
    The Repugnicans have done nothing but fight against progress, freedom, equality and justice in America . They have ruined the US economy with disastrous supply side, " trickle down " economics , outsourced countless jobs abroad , allowed wages to stagnate for decades while the cost of living has risen steadily, failed to make college affordable, faire dot improve our public schools, failed to help the poor, the unemployed , the disabled, the elderly , children ,etc .
    The only people who benefit from the Repugnicans are rich, white, heterosexual Christian males .
    Everyone else can go to hell according to them. They have fought against gay rights , women's rights , and civil and human right sin general .
    They have fought against protecting the environment from destruction by pollution . They have fought against everything which is good for America . How can any thinking person vote Republican ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Does Texas count?
    Naw, Texas is a good ole state
    So, what?

believe it!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    Shugart , the abject poverty and backwardness of southern states has been caused by the Republicans not the Democrats . This is nothing but a red herring . If Democrats were running them, things would probably be much better
    You are speaking about the radical Republicans who tried to destroy the way of life in the old South.

As to the rest, your mouth and hands should be locked, for being obscene.
    So, what?

believe it!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    I live in Silicon Valley and have visited San Francisco many, many times. Shoot, I'm a life long San Francisco Giants fan. It's a nice place to visit (sightseeing, great restaurants, see the great architecture, mild weather, shopping, and the Giants!) but I would never live there. The city's embrace of homosexual degeneracy borders on the absurd. The city has been run by "progressives" for decades now. They are a "sanctuary city" and several illegal immigrants have committed murder there. One illegal immigrant was deported five times and came back, shot a woman "accidentally" in the back, and was found not guilty. They have a homeless problem but refuse to build more housing because the don't want to mess up the San Francisco "vibe". It's become quite expensive to live there mostly due to lack of new housing, rent control laws, and the mass influx of the tech companies. Now, there are fights between the "tech bros" vs the life long residents. And Gavin Newsom was mayor for awhile. He's Bill Clinton 2.0. If he becomes governor of California...Ugh!!
    No more wearing flowers in your hair?
    So, what?

believe it!

Thread Information