User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

Thread: Will You Escape the Judgment?

  1. #16
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    We are born again when we hear and believe the Gospel, just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts Chapter 2.
    “When the day of Pentecost came, they (believers) were all together in one place.”

    So to illustrate how it works...

    because they had faith they were saved from Egypt...because they went into the desert they received the Law...and because now, in the book of Acts thousands of years later, the church of the wilderness was still faithful and still gathered for the Pentecost...it was anointed...

    Now because they had faith and gathered they were blessed further with the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit...

    Only faith with works is faith...


    And at any point they could have stopped gathering...but then missed out...

  2. #17
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348085
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    “When the day of Pentecost came, they (believers) were all together in one place.”

    So to illustrate how it works...

    because they had faith they were saved from Egypt...because they went into the desert they received the Law...and because now, in the book of Acts thousands of years later, the church of the wilderness was still faithful and still gathered for the Pentecost...it was anointed...

    Now because they had faith and gathered they were blessed further with the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit...

    Only faith with works is faith...


    And at any point they could have stopped gathering...but then missed out...

    The Gospel is the faith activator. On the day of Pentecost they heard about the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which is the Gospel. This is why Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

    No one can be born again without hearing and believing the Gospel.

    "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (works) but of incorruptible, by the word of God (the Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

  3. #18
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Gospel is the faith activator. On the day of Pentecost they heard about the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which is the Gospel. This is why Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

    No one can be born again without hearing and believing the Gospel.

    "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (works) but of incorruptible, by the word of God (the Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.
    Yes...and on that day of Pentecost...which they were already celebrating...they were now able to hear further truth...on a day which remains as Paul made clear that festival days ARE a shadow not WERE a shadow...

    Responsible with little you are given more...

    So again it was their FAITH in ACTION that had them gather on that day and they were blessed for it...

    Faith + works= A saved soul as much as dust + spirit= A living soul

    All glory to the One Who secures both
    Last edited by clefty; July 5th, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to clefty For Your Post:

    jamie (July 6th, 2018)

  5. #19
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348085
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Yes...and on that day of Pentecost...which they were already celebrating...they were now able to hear further truth...on a day which remains as Paul made clear that festival days ARE a shadow not WERE a shadow...

    Responsible with little you are given more...

    So again it was their FAITH in ACTION that had them gather on that day and they were blessed for it...

    Faith + works= A saved soul as much as dust + spirit= A living soul

    All glory to the One Who secures both

    Looking back over your post there is nothing about the Gospel. Do you believe the Gospel? Do you believe that you are justified by faith? Tell me about your salvation experience.

  6. #20
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Looking back over your post there is nothing about the Gospel. Do you believe the Gospel? Do you believe that you are justified by faith? Tell me about your salvation experience.
    Again and again and again...faith first...that is the Gospel He came died and was resurrected you believe/have faith then show your gratitude...it is that simple

    By faith they left egypt and were saved...and then given festival of Pentecost and thus were gathered hundreds of years later to celebrate the Pentecost and received MORE BLESSINGS...please notice that they met to keep an OT festival EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AFTER THE BIRTH DEATH AND RESURRECTION...yup they STILL gathered as their faith compelled them too...still...ok?

    They unlike most christians DID NOT THINK HE CAME TO ABOLISH THE LAW nor did HE CHANGE THE LAW as the false witnessing jews tried to claim

    The festivals still remain...is why because of their FAITH they met...

    They had faith and were justified as Noah was...as Abraham was...as all the FAITH heroes listed in Hebrews...


    SO YOU LISTENING? I have said again and again and again...we keep the Law and we do the works BECAUSE WE HAVE FAITH WE ARE SAVED and NOT TO GAIN SALVATION



    Just like your heart beats not to make you alive but because you already are alive...

    You breath not to become alive but because you already are alive...

    You do works NOT TO GAIN SALVATION but BECAUSE YOU ALREADY ARE...


    It is the faith IN HIM BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID...THE GOSPEL that motivates compels and inspires WORKS...out of gratitude...

    Just as they met that day for Pentecost because of their faith...and were blessed...

    Seriously Robert stop playing coy about this...

  7. #21
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348085
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Again and again and again...faith first...that is the Gospel He came died and was resurrected you believe/have faith then show your gratitude...it is that simple

    By faith they left egypt and were saved...and then given festival of Pentecost and thus were gathered hundreds of years later to celebrate the Pentecost and received MORE BLESSINGS...please notice that they met to keep an OT festival EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AFTER THE BIRTH DEATH AND RESURRECTION...yup they STILL gathered as their faith compelled them too...still...ok?

    They unlike most christians DID NOT THINK HE CAME TO ABOLISH THE LAW nor did HE CHANGE THE LAW as the false witnessing jews tried to claim

    The festivals still remain...is why because of their FAITH they met...

    They had faith and were justified as Noah was...as Abraham was...as all the FAITH heroes listed in Hebrews...


    SO YOU LISTENING? I have said again and again and again...we keep the Law and we do the works BECAUSE WE HAVE FAITH WE ARE SAVED and NOT TO GAIN SALVATION



    Just like your heart beats not to make you alive but because you already are alive...

    You breath not to become alive but because you already are alive...

    You do works NOT TO GAIN SALVATION but BECAUSE YOU ALREADY ARE...


    It is the faith IN HIM BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID...THE GOSPEL that motivates compels and inspires WORKS...out of gratitude...

    Just as they met that day for Pentecost because of their faith...and were blessed...

    Seriously Robert stop playing coy about this...


    I remember now. The law is your Jesus. I suppose that is why you don't talk much about the Gospel.

    The Bible plainly teaches that...

    "Christ is the END OF THE LAW OF THE LAW to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

    Jesus fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18 and then he abolished it, Colossians 2:14.

    This is bad news for religious people like yourself, simply because there is nothing for you to do. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

    Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion. Living by faith means to live believing that Jesus has justified you. You cannot be justified if you are still under the law and are subject to it.

  8. #22
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I remember now. The law is your Jesus. I suppose that is why you don't talk much about the Gospel.

    The Bible plainly teaches that...

    "Christ is the END OF THE LAW OF THE LAW to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.
    yes He is the goal...the destination of the Way...that faith walk...a reunion with Him at the finish of the race...

    Jesus fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18 and then he abolished it, Colossians 2:14.

    This is bad news for religious people like yourself, simply because there is nothing for you to do. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

    Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion. Living by faith means to live believing that Jesus has justified you. You cannot be justified if you are still under the law and are subject to it.
    As James advised “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

    His yoke is easy...and gratitude for what He has done for you should make it easier still...

  9. #23
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348085
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    yes He is the goal...the destination of the Way...that faith walk...a reunion with Him at the finish of the race...



    As James advised “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

    His yoke is easy...and gratitude for what He has done for you should make it easier still...

    You talk a lot about what we should do, but I don't hear much from you about what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

    In the Gospel God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:18 and 19 is some of the most important scripture in the Bible.

    "And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation. To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

    We are called to be ministers of reconciliation. We do that by the preaching of the Gospel, which is the "Good News" that in Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We can now stand before God in the judgment as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

    The law cannot reconcile anyone to God. Nor can a religion reconcile anyone to God. Calvinist have ALREADY been reconciled unto God, but they don't believe it. Jesus is God's reconciler, Romans 3:26.

  10. #24
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You talk a lot about what we should do,
    because that is NOT what you talk about

    but I don't hear much from you about what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.
    because that is what you do talk about...

    Oh and I fully agree with you as to what He has done for us...

    In the Gospel God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ.
    yup I do agree...

    2 Corinthians 5:18 and 19 is some of the most important scripture in the Bible.

    "And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation. To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
    yup...I agree...aren’t you grateful for that? Do you show your gratitude...or the impact of that fact and understanding on your life and lifestyle?

    We are called to be ministers of reconciliation. We do that by the preaching of the Gospel, which is the "Good News" that in Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We can now stand before God in the judgment as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.
    HalleluYah...oh man what JOY...and if we love Him what does it say we do? Are we the same or different? Than our former selves...from the rest of the world? How do we know? how can it tell?

    The law cannot reconcile anyone to God. Nor can a religion reconcile anyone to God. Calvinist have ALREADY been reconciled unto God, but they don't believe it. Jesus is God's reconciler, Romans 3:26.
    Yup...He sure is...and instructed us to follow Him...abide in Him...do as He did...walk as He walked...not just have faith in Him but the faith OF Him...live His faith walk...

    After all and at the end of it “Here are they that” do what Robert?

  11. #25
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348085
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    because that is NOT what you talk about

    because that is what you do talk about...

    Oh and I fully agree with you as to what He has done for us...

    yup I do agree...

    yup...I agree...aren’t you grateful for that? Do you show your gratitude...or the impact of that fact and understanding on your life and lifestyle?

    HalleluYah...oh man what JOY...and if we love Him what does it say we do? Are we the same or different? Than our former selves...from the rest of the world? How do we know? how can it tell?



    Yup...He sure is...and instructed us to follow Him...abide in Him...do as He did...walk as He walked...not just have faith in Him but the faith OF Him...live His faith walk...

    After all and at the end of it “Here are they that” do what Robert?

    Trying to be like Jesus will lead to a life of legalism. The Gospel allows us to be truly human and to stop trying to be like God. The religious are always trying to be like God. Some Catholics take communion everyday and are trying to become more and more like Jesus. Eating wafers and drinking grape juice will not make anyone like Jesus.

    Salvation is a rest from the law and religion.

    "For he that is entered into his rest, he also HAS CEASED FROM HIS OWN WORKS, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

    The only thing that Jesus commanded the apostles to do was to go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone. Paul was the only one that took that commandment seriously. If you are going to be a preacher of the Gospel be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you.

    The Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer will produce good works and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10.

  12. #26
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Trying to be like Jesus will lead to a life of legalism. The Gospel allows us to be truly human and to stop trying to be like God. The religious are always trying to be like God. Some Catholics take communion everyday and are trying to become more and more like Jesus. Eating wafers and drinking grape juice will not make anyone like Jesus.

    Salvation is a rest from the law and religion.

    "For he that is entered into his rest, he also HAS CEASED FROM HIS OWN WORKS, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

    The only thing that Jesus commanded the apostles to do was to go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone. Paul was the only one that took that commandment seriously. If you are going to be a preacher of the Gospel be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you.

    The Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer will produce good works and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10.
    “be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you“

    Nice...

    Paul says it like this:

    “Copy me as I copied Christ”

  13. #27
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348085
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    “be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you“

    Nice...

    Paul says it like this:

    “Copy me as I copied Christ”

    Your emphasis on the changed life is a concern. I still stand in doubt of you.

    "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4

    This scripture means that no one will be saved by what they have done or by what they have become. Where there is no law there is no judgment or condemnation, Romans 8:1. Where there is no law there is no religion or salvation by works.

    To be under the law is to be lost, or to try and be saved by the law is to be under a curse.

    "For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

    This is why salvation is by faith in Christ, plus nothing.

  14. #28
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Your emphasis on the changed life is a concern. I still stand in doubt of you.
    yes I understand...your carnal mind is hostile to Yah...it can NOT submit to His Law

    Being set apart from the world is not in you...to be dead to your former self and alive in Him His way is not for you...

    "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4
    yup the end of the road...the goal...the destination...ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

    This scripture means that no one will be saved by what they have done or by what they have become.
    well if you have become a SLAVE to Him His way you are saved...bought at a price you did not pay...and if what you have done is believed in HIM then yes you have been saved indeed...and if what you have done is the same as those who are “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

    Where there is no law there is no judgment or condemnation, Romans 8:1.
    this text does NOT say there is no judgement or condemnation and certainly it does NOT say there is no Law.

    Where there is no law there is no religion or salvation by works.
    where there is no law is lawlessness...your religion is this lawlessness...dont just hear the words DO them lest you deceive yourself...as you have deceived yourself...

    To be under the law is to be lost, or to try and be saved by the law is to be under a curse.

    "For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

    This is why salvation is by faith in Christ, plus nothing.
    Yes...and faith without works is dead...

  15. #29
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348085
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    yes I understand...your carnal mind is hostile to Yah...it can NOT submit to His Law

    Being set apart from the world is not in you...to be dead to your former self and alive in Him His way is not for you...

    yup the end of the road...the goal...the destination...ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

    well if you have become a SLAVE to Him His way you are saved...bought at a price you did not pay...and if what you have done is believed in HIM then yes you have been saved indeed...and if what you have done is the same as those who are “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

    this text does NOT say there is no judgement or condemnation and certainly it does NOT say there is no Law.

    where there is no law is lawlessness...your religion is this lawlessness...dont just hear the words DO them lest you deceive yourself...as you have deceived yourself...



    Yes...and faith without works is dead...
    I am not hostile towards God or his Son Jesus Christ because I have been justified by faith.

    "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

    In Jesus Christ I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

    I am complete in HIM, Colossians 2:10.

    The law, which is your Jesus, has been fulfilled and abolished, Matthew 5:18, Colossians 2:14.

    If you are serving the law you are feeding a dead horse. Christians are not under any laws and rules, this is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not according to laws, rules or religion.

    You keep quoting James. James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:19-21, also Galatians 2:12. kind of like you.

  16. #30
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6498
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I am not hostile towards God or his Son Jesus Christ because I have been justified by faith.

    "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

    In Jesus Christ I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

    I am complete in HIM, Colossians 2:10.

    The law, which is your Jesus, has been fulfilled and abolished, Matthew 5:18, Colossians 2:14.

    If you are serving the law you are feeding a dead horse. Christians are not under any laws and rules, this is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not according to laws, rules or religion.

    You keep quoting James. James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:19-21, also Galatians 2:12. kind of like you.
    “Whoever loves Me follows Me”

    James a judaizer...LOL...judaziers are not demanding one observe OT traditions because one who loves Him wants to keep His commandments... but that they observe OT in order TO BE SAVED...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us