User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Will You Escape the Judgment?

  1. #31
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,470
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,276 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    “Whoever loves Me follows Me”

    James a judaizer...LOL...judaziers are not demanding one observe OT traditions because one who loves Him wants to keep His commandments... but that they observe OT in order TO BE SAVED...

    Everybody, even unbelievers would like to be like Jesus. Trying to be like Jesus will not save you. The reason that no one will ever be like Jesus is because we are all born into sin, Romans 5:12. We have all been bitten by that serpent the devil and we are all infected with sin. This is why Paul said,

    "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

    This is why no one will be saved by religion. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. It is all about him and his ability to become acceptable to God by what he does or by what he has become. I am afraid that is where you are at.

    If fallen man is to be saved, salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. Thank God that it has in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

    "For he (God) has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

    We are MADE righteous. We do not become righteous. Trying to become righteous is a work of the law and is religion. I would strongly suggest that you abandon all of your religious ways and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.

  2. #32
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6501
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Everybody, even unbelievers would like to be like Jesus. Trying to be like Jesus will not save you. The reason that no one will ever be like Jesus is because we are all born into sin, Romans 5:12. We have all been bitten by that serpent the devil and we are all infected with sin. This is why Paul said,

    "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.
    And yet He commanded we follow Him...walk as He walked...keep the commandments if we love Him...

    Even Paul affirmed copy me as I copy Christ...

    This is why no one will be saved by religion. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. It is all about him and his ability to become acceptable to God by what he does or by what he has become. I am afraid that is where you are at.

    If fallen man is to be saved, salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. Thank God that it has in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.
    oh yeah? Are you really thankful for what He did?...than follow Him His Way...let your fruits and life reflect that faith and gratitude...yes for what He did...not what you are doing...

    Like you and your heart attack...grateful to still be alive you should live better...


    "For he (God) has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

    We are MADE righteous. We do not become righteous. Trying to become righteous is a work of the law and is religion. I would strongly suggest that you abandon all of your religious ways and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.
    Ok Robert...I am not getting through to you that works are NOT done to become saved but because we WERE SAVED by HIM...

    We are merely to ABIDE in His love...and He was clear on how to do that...


    Time to dust my sandals of you...some are willfully ignorant it is true...

    A carnal mind will NOT submit to the Law of Yah...

    It remains “Here are they that keep the commmandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...


    Not just have faith and do whatever or nothing or faith without works...


    Impressive stamina kicking against the Holy Spirit...

    Hopefully some Ananias who was a believer and STILL ZEALOUS FOR THE LAW will heal you from your blindness...

  3. #33
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,470
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,276 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    And yet He commanded we follow Him...walk as He walked...keep the commandments if we love Him...

    Even Paul affirmed copy me as I copy Christ...

    oh yeah? Are you really thankful for what He did?...than follow Him His Way...let your fruits and life reflect that faith and gratitude...yes for what He did...not what you are doing...

    Like you and your heart attack...grateful to still be alive you should live better...



    Ok Robert...I am not getting through to you that works are NOT done to become saved but because we WERE SAVED by HIM...

    We are merely to ABIDE in His love...and He was clear on how to do that...


    Time to dust my sandals of you...some are willfully ignorant it is true...

    A carnal mind will NOT submit to the Law of Yah...

    It remains “Here are they that keep the commmandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...


    Not just have faith and do whatever or nothing or faith without works...


    Impressive stamina kicking against the Holy Spirit...

    Hopefully some Ananias who was a believer and STILL ZEALOUS FOR THE LAW will heal you from your blindness...

    I have given you enough light to light a city, yet you remain in darkness, John 3:19-21.

    The law is not our friend, yet you believe that it is. This is why Paul said to the Galatians,

    "Tell me,that you desire to be under the law, DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21.

    The law is the nature and character of God.

    Here is the purpose of the law.

    "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN" Romans 3:20.

    The law reveals sin. Do you really want to stand in the judgment and be judged by the law? This is why Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18 and then abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

    It is the Holy Spirit that will cause the Christian to do good works and will produce the Christian life, Ephesians 2:15, not our obedience to the law.

  4. #34
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,993
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501705
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Christians do not posses a righteousness that God will accept, Romans 3:10. Christ is our righteousness.
    God's standards are not as strict as you claim.
    Your thinking has been poisoned by the "leaven" of the Pharisees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You seem to think that salvation is all about you.
    No, I think that damnation is all about what you think and do.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  5. #35
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,470
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,276 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    God's standards are not as strict as you claim.
    Your thinking has been poisoned by the "leaven" of the Pharisees.


    No, I think that damnation is all about what you think and do.


    Jesus said, "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48.

    God is perfect in all that he does in his relationship with fallen man.

    I am afraid that you are going to be in for a shock in the judgment when you find out that the only righteousness that God will accept is the perfect righteousness of Christ.

    Will you be found "In Christ" or will you be found under the law? If you are found under the law you will perish.

  6. #36
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,993
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501705
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Jesus said, "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48.
    Your idea of what "perfect" means in that verse is in enmity with what Jesus intended.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I am afraid that you are going to be in for a shock in the judgment when you find out that the only righteousness that God will accept is the perfect righteousness of Christ.
    Since you believe that you must have the "perfect righteousness of Christ" in order to be accepted by God, don't be shocked if God demands that of you while giving others a lot more leeway in what is needed to be accepted by Him.

    Matthew 7:2
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.



    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Will you be found "In Christ" or will you be found under the law? If you are found under the law you will perish.
    You are always looking for the wrong things.

    What we need to consider is whether He will say to us, "Well done," or not.

    Matthew 25:21
    21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  7. #37
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,470
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,276 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Your idea of what "perfect" means in that verse is in enmity with what Jesus intended.


    Since you believe that you must have the "perfect righteousness of Christ" in order to be accepted by God, don't be shocked if God demands that of you while giving others a lot more leeway in what is needed to be accepted by Him.

    Matthew 7:2
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.




    You are always looking for the wrong things.

    What we need to consider is whether He will say to us, "Well done," or not.

    Matthew 25:21
    21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

    I hope you don't think that you are going to be saved because you are a "good and faithful servant". There is only one good and faithful servant and it is not you. If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not our own.

    God sees us as perfect "In Christ".

    "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

    I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23.

  8. #38
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    We enter His Rest when he saves us, AFTER we trust everything that he says and that means do everything he says.

    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. #39
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,470
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,276 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    We enter His Rest when he saves us, AFTER we trust everything that he says and that means do everything he says.

    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

    What does it mean to "enter into his rest?" It also says that those that have entered into "his Rest" have also ceased from their own works, as God did from his, Hebrews 4:10.

    And then in verse 11 it says that we should labor or work to enter into that rest.

    This is very serious because in Hebrews 4:3 it says that if you don't enter into his rest you are under his wrath.

    In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world to justify the ungodly Romans 4:5 and to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. The work of Jesus is a finished work, we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. We who believe are resting in what Jesus has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. We have entered into his rest. Trying to keep the commandments or trying to be good enough to be saved means that you are under his wrath because you have not entered into his rest.

  10. #40
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    What does it mean to "enter into his rest?" It also says that those that have entered into "his Rest" have also ceased from their own works, as God did from his, Hebrews 4:10.

    And then in verse 11 it says that we should labor or work to enter into that rest.

    This is very serious because in Hebrews 4:3 it says that if you don't enter into his rest you are under his wrath.

    In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world to justify the ungodly Romans 4:5 and to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. The work of Jesus is a finished work, we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. We who believe are resting in what Jesus has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. We have entered into his rest. Trying to keep the commandments or trying to be good enough to be saved means that you are under his wrath because you have not entered into his rest.
    We enter his rest by doing what he says and not having to do these works anymore to clean yourself:

    The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.


    Resting in him means to let him clean you by just you believing he does after you repent of your sins.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  11. #41
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,993
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501705
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I hope you don't think that you are going to be saved because you are a "good and faithful servant".
    Why would you want me to suffer damnation instead of being saved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    There is only one good and faithful servant and it is not you.
    Jesus spoke those words as part of a parable.
    The interpretation of the parable has Jesus as the man traveling to a far country and what He will do about His followers upon His return.
    Therefore, Jesus is the one looking for good and faithful servants when He returns and we are either good and faithful servants or unprofitable servants.

    Matthew 25:14-30
    14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
    15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
    16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
    17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
    18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
    19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
    20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
    21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
    22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
    23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
    24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
    25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
    26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
    27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
    28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
    29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
    30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.



    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not our own.
    If anyone goes to heaven it will be because of the choices of Jesus Christ based on whether He thinks we have merit, and He will not choose anyone who persists in refusing to serve Him while expecting to go to heaven based on the merits of Jesus Christ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    God sees us as perfect "In Christ".
    No, He doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23.
    No, that category is reserved for those that refuse to do the will of the Father but instead are workers of lawlessness that falsely think God sees them perfect "in Christ".
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    God's Truth (July 17th, 2018)

  13. #42
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,470
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,276 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Why would you want me to suffer damnation instead of being saved?


    Jesus spoke those words as part of a parable.
    The interpretation of the parable has Jesus as the man traveling to a far country and what He will do about His followers upon His return.
    Therefore, Jesus is the one looking for good and faithful servants when He returns and we are either good and faithful servants or unprofitable servants.

    Matthew 25:14-30
    14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
    15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
    16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
    17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
    18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
    19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
    20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
    21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
    22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
    23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
    24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
    25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
    26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
    27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
    28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
    29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
    30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.




    If anyone goes to heaven it will be because of the choices of Jesus Christ based on whether He thinks we have merit, and He will not choose anyone who persists in refusing to serve Him while expecting to go to heaven based on the merits of Jesus Christ.


    No, He doesn't.


    No, that category is reserved for those that refuse to do the will of the Father but instead are workers of lawlessness that falsely think God sees them perfect "in Christ".

    The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

    As Christians we have no merit that God will accept. Simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

    All of the parables have a spiritual meaning. The talents represent the Gospel. Jesus has entrusted to us his Gospel. The main question is what are you going to do with it?

  14. #43
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,233
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 146 Times in 125 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I haven't been on TOL for sometime. On may 31st I had a massive heart attack that almost killed me. I have been recovering from that. July the 3rd will be my 85th birthday and my 49th wedding anniversary. My mind is still good but my body is dying. I still have a burden for the many lost souls that are on TOL, so many of you are professing Christians, but you have not been born again, this article is for you.

    Not everyone that professes faith in Christ are saved. The Bible plainly teaches that only a remnant will be saved, Romans 9:27. Why is it that only a remnant will be saved? The answer is because those that profess Christ as their savior have not entered into his rest. What does it mean to enter into "His Rest?".

    "For he that has entered into HIS REST, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

    Only those that have entered into "His Rest" will be saved, the rest will perish. Those that have entered into "His Rest" are also "In Christ". This is why Paul wrote,

    "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

    Entering into his rest and being in Christ are much the same thing. We that have entered into his rest are resting in Christ. We are no longer trusting in our works or our obedience to the law, instead we are trusting in the work of Jesus (which is the Gospel) and in his obedience to the law. Many will say, "That is what I believe also". If that is what you believe, then why do you have a religion? Religion is not an indication of faith in Christ, religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

    Why do you have to have a religion or a doctrine other than the Gospel? The truth of the matter is that you have not entered into his rest, you are still trusting in something other than the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

    "Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of the my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.

    The will of the Father is that you trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. It is not Jesus Christ plus Calvinism, nor is it Jesus Christ plus the Catholic church. In the judgment it is going to be Jesus Christ, plus nothing. Will you escape the judgment? or will you be in the Lord, Lord, didn't I group?

    I will respond to the replies to this article as I am able to.
    Pray that God would choose to save your fellow sinners.
    We enter into God's rest by God's gracious pardon on our sins, by the atoning work of Christ Jesus.
    May God open the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf.
    Unless God builds the house, the labor is in vain.

  15. #44
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,233
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 146 Times in 125 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    If anyone goes to heaven it will be because of the choices of Jesus Christ based on whether He thinks we have merit,
    That is demonstrably false according to the Bible.
    Spiritually dead people cannot merit God's favor.
    The Bible says that "no one seeks after God, not even one."
    Ephesians 2:1 tells us that we were dead in our trespasses and sins.
    Ephesians 2:4-5 tells us that God made us alive in Christ Jesus.
    Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that we have been saved by grace through faith, that NOT of ourselves, it is the gift of God so that no one can boast.
    Your statement is false.
    and He will not choose anyone who persists in refusing to serve Him while expecting to go to heaven based on the merits of Jesus Christ.
    God chose a terrorist named Saul, later known as the Apostle Paul, who was on his way to Damascus to kill Christians. He was trying to merit God's favor.
    God's word stands in complete opposition to your claims.

  16. #45
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

    As Christians we have no merit that God will accept. Simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

    All of the parables have a spiritual meaning. The talents represent the Gospel. Jesus has entrusted to us his Gospel. The main question is what are you going to do with it?
    There is none righteous is what Paul says when quoting the Old Testament where it is said there is none who are righteous who have not ever sinned.

    Paul is explaining that the Jews were not so righteous to where they never sinned not even once. Paul is explaining that the Gentiles can be included too along with the Jews.

    You don't understand Paul.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us