User Tag List

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 1068

Thread: Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

  1. #91
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,750
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 1,066 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    287462
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Then take your logical discourse to a deeper level.
    People break every law, dude. Is that an argument against making any laws at all?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  2. #92
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,750
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 1,066 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    287462
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    If addressed to me: No, that's a limiting position, it doesn't begin to broach the full situation.
    I agree.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  3. #93
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    13,103
    Thanks
    19,853
    Thanked 4,631 Times in 2,647 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147753
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Do you also think abortion should remain legal, just so people won't "have to" murder their babies in "back alleys" ?
    Why are you asking a question you already know the answer to? False equivalence.
    Power is neither good nor evil. It just is. It's what people do with power that matters.C.J. Redwine, The Traitor Prince










  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (July 2nd, 2018)

  5. #94
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,647
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 827 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    729743
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    People break every law, dude. Is that an argument against making any laws at all?
    Precisely! Question the law...empathize upon the law breaker's desperation.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quip For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (July 2nd, 2018),Rusha (July 2nd, 2018)

  7. #95
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,388
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 6,465 Times in 3,426 Posts

    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147768
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Sure, you're one of the most reasonable posters on this forum who so very rarely posts in a fit of pique at all...

    What?

    I'm not talking about someone getting angry or occasionally loosing their temper or even sometimes being wrong or whatever else. The libs on this thread and other like it are certifiably stupid! I mean flat out slobber mouthed, grunting Neanderthals who can barely put a coherent sentence together, never mind make a rational defense of the abject stupidity they claim to believe!

    One idiot suggested that she was fine with a border wall so long as Trump paid for it out of his own pocket! That's laughable because he could easily afford to do it and would probably do it if it were legal (which it isn't) and the same moron who wants Trump to pay for the totally inexpensive border wall is probably just fine with Obama having taken over a 6th of the economy with his fantastically stupid health care debacle, not to mention the 530 million dollars PER YEAR that we all pay to Planned Parenthood!

    You are all dumb as a sack of bricks and would destroy this entire nation if given half a chance. But don't let anything like sound reason persuade you! Go right on ahead feeling your way through your entire existence and when you've emoted your way to trying to start a revolution, you'll find out why we conservatives believe in the right to bear arms.

    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 1st, 2019)

  9. #96
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,647
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 827 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    729743
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    ...you'll find out why we conservatives believe in the right to bare arms.

    Clete
    How's Coppertone stock doing?
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quip For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (July 2nd, 2018),Arthur Brain (July 3rd, 2018),Rusha (July 2nd, 2018)

  11. #97
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,388
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 6,465 Times in 3,426 Posts

    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147768
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Why are you asking a question you already know the answer to? False equivalence.
    Why won't you state what everyone already knows is your answer?

    And it isn't a false equivalence just because you claim it to be.

    Abortion is the taking of an innocent human life. Even you would call it murder under ANY other circumstance.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 1st, 2019)

  13. #98
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,519
    Thanks
    9,378
    Thanked 7,381 Times in 4,957 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    What?

    I'm not talking about someone getting angry or occasionally loosing their temper or even sometimes being wrong or whatever else. The libs on this thread and other like it are certifiably stupid! I mean flat out slobber mouthed, grunting Neanderthals who can barely put a coherent sentence together, never mind make a rational defense of the abject stupidity they claim to believe!

    One idiot suggested that she was fine with a border wall so long as Trump paid for it out of his own pocket! That's laughable because he could easily afford to do it and would probably do it if it were legal (which it isn't) and the same moron who wants Trump to pay for the totally inexpensive border wall is probably just fine with Obama having taken over a 6th of the economy with his fantastically stupid health care debacle, not to mention the 530 million dollars PER YEAR that we all pay to Planned Parenthood!

    You are all dumb as a sack of bricks and would destroy this entire nation if given half a chance. But don't let anything like sound reason persuade you! Go right on ahead feeling your way through your entire existence and when you've emoted your way to trying to start a revolution, you'll find out why we conservatives believe in the right to bear arms.

    Clete
    Hmm, has Trump condemned Planned Parenthood? He certainly hasn't enacted laws that would execute homosexuals and the like as even he isn't that dumb to play solely to religious zealots. So, once again, thanks for the vitriolic rant and the projection. If he does end up building a wall it'll be so high as to reflect his own ego and the rank stupidity of fawning dopes.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (July 2nd, 2018)

  15. #99
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,219
    Thanks
    3,483
    Thanked 8,707 Times in 6,462 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147769
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post


    See what I mean!?

    Ya really gotta feel sorry for them

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 1st, 2019)

  17. #100
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,388
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 6,465 Times in 3,426 Posts

    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147768
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Hmm, has Trump condemned Planned Parenthood? He certainly hasn't enacted laws that would execute homosexuals and the like as even he isn't that dumb to play solely to religious zealots. So, once again, thanks for the vitriolic rant and the projection. If he does end up building a wall it'll be so high as to reflect his own ego and the rank stupidity of fawning dopes.


    There was not vitriol and there was no rant!


    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 1st, 2019)

  19. #101
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,435
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 2,028 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401808
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    What?

    I'm not talking about someone getting angry or occasionally loosing their temper or even sometimes being wrong or whatever else. The libs on this thread and other like it are certifiably stupid! I mean flat out slobber mouthed, grunting Neanderthals who can barely put a coherent sentence together, never mind make a rational defense of the abject stupidity they claim to believe!
    Hmm... that doesn't sound like a rational defense of your position, Clete.

    One idiot suggested that she was fine with a border wall so long as Trump paid for it out of his own pocket!
    Perhaps she remembers that he pledged to have Mexico pay for it. It may seem strange to that she expects him to take responsibility for his error, but that's the way it used to be in America. Apparently, no longer for some.

    That's laughable because he could easily afford to do it
    No, he couldn't.

    The price tab projected by Trump’s opponents far exceeds previous estimates, which topped out at $21.6 billion. The Democrats’ report is based on extrapolations, not hard data. It says that although the Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Patrol have not provided a “reliable cost estimate” for President Trump’s signature campaign promise, the party has reached its projections using information provided by CBP officials, including the Trump administration’s 2017 budget request and 2018 budget proposal.
    http://time.com/4745350/donald-trump...cost-billions/

    With an estimated net worth of $3.1 billion on Forbes's list of the world's billionaires, Trump has a fortune that's declined by $400 million in the past year.

    https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ump-net-worth/

    Not even close.

    and would probably do it if it were legal (which it isn't)
    Actually, it is. If he could somehow scrape up the 20 to 70 billion dollars it will cost (depending on whether you believe Trump or his critics), he could donate the wall to the United States, and Congress could accept it.

    and the same moron who wants Trump to pay for the totally inexpensive border wall
    Twenty billion here, twenty billion there; it adds up.

    is probably just fine with Obama having taken over a 6th of the economy with his fantastically stupid health care debacle
    The favorable rating for ObamaCare has reached its highest level since the law was enacted in 2010, according to a Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) poll.

    The poll finds that 54 percent of the public has a favorable view of the law, compared to 42 percent who have an unfavorable view. That is the highest favorable rating in a KFF poll since it began asking the question in 2010.

    The rise is driven by independents, the KFF found, with 55 percent now having a favorable view of the law, a significant jump from 48 percent last month. Nearly eight in ten Republicans still have an unfavorable view of the law.

    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...-all-time-high

    Ironically, Trump probably has a lot to do with this; voter approval of Obamacare shot up when Trump tried to repeal it. That's the major reason that he failed.

    not to mention the 530 million dollars PER YEAR that we all pay to Planned Parenthood!
    Trump says Planned Parenthood "does some very good work." He has switched back and forth from pro-abortion to pro-life, depending on who he's talking to at the time.

    You are all dumb as a sack of bricks and would destroy this entire nation if given half a chance.
    There are many decent conservatives who don't want to destroy America. There are many decent liberals who don't want to destroy America. The problem is, neither of those are running things, now.

    But don't let anything like sound reason persuade you!
    See above. Give it some thought. And put your guns away for now. Things might be really messed up, but violence won't make it better.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (July 3rd, 2018),Rusha (July 3rd, 2018)

  21. #102
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,683
    Thanks
    1,273
    Thanked 8,687 Times in 5,694 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147833
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    I don't presume to know the best solution until I study all the pertinent facts. I was hoping to glean some info on the issue you raised...but you seem to have concluded upon the overall issue by your own undisclosed methods, however biased and limited those may appear.
    Yes, I am biased toward all the women who are being kidnapped and sold into prostitution on their way to the border and building a wall will stop that.

    But you seem to not care because all you can say is that you want to study all the pertinent facts!

    Exactly which facts do you think are more pertinent than the facts concerning the way these poor women are being abused?

    There is a solution and Trump has that solution but you want nothing to do with that solution.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

  22. #103
    Over 2000 post club Foxfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,284
    Thanks
    1,146
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 813 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1970468
    Maybe we should build a moat too!

    Oh! Wait! We tried that with the Rio Grande!

    How did THAT work?

    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5074777
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4983551
    Elect a clown and you get a circus!
    if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (July 4th, 2018),Arthur Brain (July 3rd, 2018),Rusha (July 3rd, 2018)

  24. #104
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,219
    Thanks
    3,483
    Thanked 8,707 Times in 6,462 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147769
    we built the rio grande?


    you sure about that?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 1st, 2019)

  26. #105
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,647
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 827 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    729743
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Yes, I am biased toward all the women who are being kidnapped and sold into prostitution on their way to the border and building a wall will stop that.

    But you seem to not care because all you can say is that you want to study all the pertinent facts!

    Exactly which facts do you think are more pertinent than the facts concerning the way these poor women are being abused?

    There is a solution and Trump has that solution but you want nothing to do with that solution.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke
    Well, if nothing else you're persistent but you seem to be avoiding the point. Evaluating the evidence IS the point or in your case... entertaining an emotional appeal in lieu of exploring all appropriate considerations.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quip For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (July 3rd, 2018),Kit the Coyote (July 3rd, 2018),Rusha (July 3rd, 2018),The Barbarian (July 4th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us