User Tag List

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1068

Thread: Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

  1. #61
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,838
    Thanks
    4,542
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 2,295 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147697
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Walls don't feel good. They look bad. They bring up images of the Berlin wall. But they can be effective, up to a point.
    They do make for some useful surfaces for graffiti art, too.

    AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  2. #62
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 815 Posts

    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    278342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    They do make for some useful surfaces for graffiti art, too.

    AMR
    An interesting side effect. Though the main effect is to prevent certain unpleasant incidents.

  3. #63
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,433
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 6,537 Times in 3,469 Posts

    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147769
    The best thing about these threads is how the lefties are their own best rebuttal!

    They defeat themselves with their own words while cementing themselves into their own stupidity with those very same words.

    They demonstrate their insanity to anyone who can think clearly and sound like sages to their own hearing.

    If it weren't so tragic, it would be comical!

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  4. #64
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,787
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 8,718 Times in 5,719 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147835
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    First, Is this a sincere issue for you or rather are you nurturing an opportunity to masquerade an anti-progressive/pro-wall agenda with convenient moral outrage?
    Why would you think I am not being sincere?

    Maybe you are not aware of the way that women are treated by the coyotes? I think if you really knew what is going on you would be outraged too.

  5. #65
    Over 1000 post club The Horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle,NY.
    Posts
    1,359
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 368 Times in 263 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    199336
    There are various reasons why liberals are opposed to Trump's wall .There are actually FEWER illegal aliens coming across the border now than there have been in decades , and this happened under Obama's watch, not Trump . Reports of massive numbers of Mexican and Hispanic " violent criminals, drug deals are rapists " inundating are still circulating , but only because of Trump and the biased conservative fake news media.
    It's all right-wing propaganda . Building a wall would do nothing but waste billions of taxpayer dollars which our country desperately needs for other things such as rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure , creating jobs, building more up to date technically advanced public schools and renovating existing ones, making college more affordable , and protecting our environment among other things . And this walk would NOT make America safer .
    Our government could also invest money in improving the Mexican economy and creating jobs there , which would automatically cause a major decrease in illegal alines coming across the border .

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Horn For Your Post:

    Kit the Coyote (July 2nd, 2018),Rusha (July 2nd, 2018)

  7. #66
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,578
    Thanks
    3,637
    Thanked 8,969 Times in 6,656 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147773
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    There are various reasons why liberals are opposed to Trump's wall .There are actually FEWER illegal aliens coming across the border now than there have been in decades , and this happened under Obama's watch, not Trump . Reports of massive numbers of Mexican and Hispanic " violent criminals, drug deals are rapists " inundating are still circulating , but only because of Trump and the biased conservative fake news media.
    It's all right-wing propaganda . Building a wall would do nothing but waste billions of taxpayer dollars which our country desperately needs for other things such as rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure , creating jobs, building more up to date technically advanced public schools and renovating existing ones, making college more affordable , and protecting our environment among other things . And this walk would NOT make America safer .
    Our government could also invest money in improving the Mexican economy and creating jobs there , which would automatically cause a major decrease in illegal alines coming across the border .
    Hey horn - trump's scotus picks are gonna overturn roe v wade

  8. #67
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,708
    Thanks
    9,496
    Thanked 7,466 Times in 5,022 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147763
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    The best thing about these threads is how the lefties are their own best rebuttal!

    They defeat themselves with their own words while cementing themselves into their own stupidity with those very same words.

    They demonstrate their insanity to anyone who can think clearly and sound like sages to their own hearing.

    If it weren't so tragic, it would be comical!
    Well, that was a nice rant signifying nothing...

    Well this is fun isn't it?


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (July 2nd, 2018)

  10. #68
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,722
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 845 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    736188
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Why would you think I am not being sincere?
    By the main thrust of this thread. It reeks of an opportune situation for an anti-liberal/pro-wall polemic... more so than any fervent concern for the welfare of illegal immigrants. Prior to this "epiphany" when was the last time the plight of anyone south of the boarder even entered your conscious awareness?

    Speaking of which....you didn't answer my question.

    Maybe you are not aware of the way that women are treated by the coyotes? I think if you really knew what is going on you would be outraged too.
    It might well be germane to the debate, though what you've set forth thus far seems far more a dissuation tactic than any manner of genuine concern.

    I say this because the conservatively minded individual, in this regard, tends to lack interest in pragmatically indirect subject matters of which they lack a personal association or benefit. (Re: minority concerns) In contrast, that which reflects thier personal interests (such as a boarder wall keeping them safe and cozy.) continue to remain a focused priority.

    As such these "minority concerns" transpire into a mere ideological 'means' for the conservative's more true to form tangible 'ends'.

    If this be your method and cause...it's rather deplorable.

    Is this the case? Have you considered some of the objectors' concerns? --

    Is this a chronic problem or just anecdotal?

    How does this balance against the safety and concerns of immigrants fleeing abject poverty, drug violence or persecution?

    How will a wall specifically end this practice; how would not building one exacerbate it?
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quip For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (July 2nd, 2018),Kit the Coyote (July 2nd, 2018),Rusha (July 2nd, 2018)

  12. #69
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,757
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 1,068 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    287463
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Hey horn - trump's scotus picks are gonna overturn roe v wade
    Let's hope so!
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  13. #70
    Over 1000 post club The Horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle,NY.
    Posts
    1,359
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 368 Times in 263 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    199336
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Let's hope so!
    If this happens Glass Jester , the only thing that will end will be the LEGALITY of abortion . Dangerous back-alley abortionists will instantly spring into action in all 50 states , and it won't be pretty !

  14. #71
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,757
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 1,068 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    287463
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    If this happens Glass Jester , the only thing that will end will be the LEGALITY of abortion .
    Just like outlawing murder (of adults) only ends the LEGALITY of murder. There are still dangerous "back-alley" murders of adults. So... should we legalize murder?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

    Clete (July 2nd, 2018)

  16. #72
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,787
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 8,718 Times in 5,719 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147835
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    I say this because the conservatively minded individual, in this regard, tends to lack interest in pragmatically indirect subject matters of which they lack a personal association or benefit. (Re: minority concerns) In contrast, that which reflects thier personal interests (such as a boarder wall keeping them safe and cozy.) continue to remain a focused priority.
    I live in Mexico and the truth about the horrors which the women are going through on the way to the border is well known down here even though the mainstream press in the USA does their very best to hide the truth.

    It's a shame to hear the Dems speak about not wanting a wall because it costs too much, even though not having a wall is causing harm to so many. At least Trump has a plan that will cause these things to stop.

    The Dems offer nothing which will result in stopping anything, and that is because deep down in their hearts they really don't give a damn, despite their crocodile tears!

  17. #73
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,034
    Thanks
    13,414
    Thanked 20,996 Times in 11,788 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The only way to stop illegal trade practices is by tariffs. Then after the playing field is leveled then the USA will sell more overseas and then the GNP will indeed grow.
    Your understanding of economics is comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    WizardofOz (July 5th, 2018)

  19. #74
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,722
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 845 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    736188
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Just like outlawing murder (of adults) only ends the LEGALITY of murder. There are still dangerous "back-alley" murders of adults. So... should we legalize murder?
    The right to murder is not being debated morally, constitutionally nor practically.....so your answer is an astounding 'no'.

    Likewise a 'no' to your next urge in response.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  20. #75
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,722
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 845 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    736188
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    I live in Mexico and the truth about the horrors which the women are going through on the way to the border is well known down here even though the mainstream press in the USA does their very best to hide the truth.

    It's a shame to hear the Dems speak about not wanting a wall because it costs too much, even though not having a wall is causing harm to so many. At least Trump has a plan that will cause these things to stop.

    The Dems offer nothing which will result in stopping anything, and that is because deep down in their hearts they really don't give a damn, despite their crocodile tears!
    You seem unwilling to weigh the pros and cons. Seems you've reached a kneejerk conclusion in search of a justification.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to quip For Your Post:

    Rusha (July 2nd, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us