User Tag List

Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,635 Times in 6,404 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    ... he didn't steal the election; he bought it with his money...

yeah baby!

and he spent less than hillary!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,783 Times in 4,922 Posts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    yeah baby!

and he spent less than hillary!
    I think you quoted the wrong person...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

ok doser (January 6th, 2019)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,635 Times in 6,404 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    how the heck did that happen?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (January 6th, 2019)

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t call myself a liberal, but the wall is simply too expensive of a project that won’t succeed in its goal. I’d rather spend 2-8 billion on education rather than a wall that will be dug under and doesn’t address the larger problem of illegal immigration due to visa overstay

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greg Jennings For Your Post:

Kit the Coyote (January 7th, 2019),Rusha (January 7th, 2019),WizardofOz (January 8th, 2019)

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,693 Times in 8,376 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Jennings View Post
    Wouldn’t call myself a liberal.
    We'll be the judge of that.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (January 7th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,970 Times in 11,987 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Jennings View Post
    Wouldn’t call myself a liberal,
    Leftist is a better choice.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    We'll be the judge of that.
    I think by your standard, many republicans are liberal. Not an objective standard

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greg Jennings For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (January 7th, 2019),Rusha (January 7th, 2019),WizardofOz (January 8th, 2019)

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Leftist is a better choice.
    Sure, a guy who voted for trump and wants illegal immigration reigned in (but in a way that will actually work) and wants to put America first by revamping our busted education system instead of continuing to fall behind Asia and Europe.....

.....is a leftist. Gotcha

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Jennings For Your Post:

WizardofOz (January 8th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,634 Times in 1,216 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

Notice that the 1% and the large corporations who received most of the $1 trillion "tax cuts," courtesy of the American taxpayer, have not volunteered to donate any of their profits toward financing the cost of building THE WALL as a "good will" gesture!

Assuming that the wall could be built for $25 billion, that would amount to only 0.25% of the financial "windfall" they received - apparently their loyalty to this President doesn't extend to bailing him out of this dilemma!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Trump wants it.
    No Bueno.

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,634 Times in 1,216 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Trump wants it.
    Trump had 2 years with majorities in both the House and the Senate to get funding for THE WALL - apparently Republican politicians were no more enamoured with it than their Democratic counterparts!

This President was offered legislation in January 2018 that included Democratic compromise providing $25 billion to fund THE WALL in return for a pathway to citizenship for "Dreamers" - the "GREAT NEGOTIATOR" in the White House, in his infinite wisdom, declined the offer!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

WizardofOz (January 8th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Trump had 2 years with majorities in both the House and the Senate to get funding for THE WALL - apparently Republican politicians were no more enamoured with it than their Democratic counterparts!

This President was offered legislation in January 2018 that included Democratic compromise providing $25 billion to fund THE WALL in return for a pathway to citizenship for "Dreamers" - the "GREAT NEGOTIATOR" in the White House, in his infinite wisdom, declined the offer!
    orange man bad
    Terence Mc Lean

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,418 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    That offer was in addition to the current budget. As for if it is enough, I can't say that is why we really need real representatives who would work together to find the answer to such questions instead of just towing the political line.
    Agreed. It certainly seems like a lot of money. And, historically speaking, it is. We have never spent more money for border security than we already are. I'm not sure that simply throwing money at a problem will be effective.

If Trump was trying to get a narrative out there, he has done that. Now, he needs to be willing to negotiate because I think he's asking for too much.

The first pains will be the Federal workers who are on the margins start falling behind on their mortgages, rent and other bills over the next two to three months.
    Well, it's one way to shrink the government. I feel for those people but it happens to workers in the private sector all the time. If they got a federal job, they should be good candidates in a low-unemployment economy.

I might be inclined to agree with the TSA but try selling that we don't need that security theater to the general population. And when other federal workers start following them? Food safety inspections, border security, air traffic controllers?
    We'll live. I think most will be surprised at how little we'll even notice.
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,296 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Why would anyone not want a wall?
    This explains the reasons:

Gov. Richard Lamm: My plan to destroy America

I have a secret plan to destroy America. If you believe, as many do, that America is too smug, too white-bread, too self-satisfied, too rich … then let’s destroy America. It is not that hard to do.

History shows that nations are more fragile than their citizens think. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and they all fall, and that "an autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide." So here is my plan:

1. We must first make America a bilingual/bicultural country. History shows ... that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and antagonism of two competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. …

Scholar Seymour Martin Lipset put it this way: "The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension and tragedy."

2. I would then invent "multiculturalism" and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal ... there are no cultural differences that are important ... and the black and Hispanic dropout rate is only due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out-of-bounds.

3. We can make the United States a "Hispanic Quebec" without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: "… the apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethno-centrically and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together."

4. I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with a salad bowl metaphor … I would make our fastest-growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. …

5. I would then get the big foundations and Big Business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of victimology. ... I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population.

6. I would establish dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would "celebrate diversity." … It stresses differences rather than commonalities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other … when they are not killing each other.

A diverse peaceful or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together, and we can take advantage of this myopia. ... Dorf’s World History tells us the [ancient] Greeks believed they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature and worshiped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games in honor of Zeus and venerated the shrine of Apollo at Delphi. A common enemy, Persia, threatened their liberty. Yet all of these bonds together were not strong enough to overcome two factors … local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions … .

7. Then I would place all these subjects off-limits and make them taboo to talk about. I would find a word similar to "heretic" in the 16th century that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like "racist," and "xenophobe" halt argument and conversation. I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws.

I would develop a mantra: because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good.

8. Lastly, I would censor Victor Davis Hanson’s book, "Mexifornia." This book is dangerous. It exposes my plan to destroy America. … This guy is on to my plan.

TLDR: The Liberal Agenda will destroy America.
    Last edited by genuineoriginal; January 8th, 2019 at 05:58 PM.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information