User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners !

  1. #1
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,722
    Thanks
    589
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50998

    Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners !

    1 Tim 1:15

    15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

    This is a ancient and blessed truth, however religionist dont believe it, though they quote it a lot. See they dont believe that Christ Jesus came into the world to actually save s​inners, but to make it possible for a sinner to get saved. They believe that He came not to save sinners but to make it salvation possible, or to make sinners savable if they themselves do something. Well all such reasoning as this is a denial of what the scripture declares, which is He came into the world to save sinners.

    See He saves sinners from unbelief, in spite of unbelief. Paul in this very same epistle writes how Jesus saved him in spite of his unbelief, in his outrageous unbelief against Christ he obtained mercy from Christ, observe 1 Tim 1:12-14

    12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;


    13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.


    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

    Thats why he could confidently write that Christ Jesus came into the to save sinners ! Unbelief isn't an hindrance to Christ saving a sinner in fact it calls for His mercy upon them. Remember Paul wrote of the election of grace, the vessels of mercy ? He wrote of them how God concluded them all in unbelief, and the reason why is given Rom 11:32

    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

    Gods wrath isn't towards the elect of God when they are in unbelief, but contrary, His Mercy is towards them for that very reason ! They shall obtain Mercy because of their unbelief, Mercy that saves them. Titus 3:5

    5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

    Now do you believe in the Christ Jesus that came into the world to save sinners, or the other jesus of man who came to make salvation possible ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. #2
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,722
    Thanks
    589
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50998
    Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners !

    A supporting scripture to 1 Tim 1:15 declaring Christ's mission TO SAVE SINNERS is Lk 19:10

    10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

    The object is to save, not to make salvation available. Thats what religion tells us however, which is contrary to the truth.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  3. #3
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    He came into the world to save sinners and since all people are sinners then that means that He came into the world to save all people. However, His following words demonstrate that not all people do what He wishes to happen:

    "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" (Mt.23:17).

  4. #4
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,276
    Thanks
    1,574
    Thanked 739 Times in 711 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27608
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    1 Tim 1:15

    15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

    This is a ancient and blessed truth, however religionist dont believe it, though they quote it a lot. See they dont believe that Christ Jesus came into the world to actually save s​inners, but to make it possible for a sinner to get saved. They believe that He came not to save sinners but to make it salvation possible, or to make sinners savable if they themselves do something. Well all such reasoning as this is a denial of what the scripture declares, which is He came into the world to save sinners.

    See He saves sinners from unbelief, in spite of unbelief. Paul in this very same epistle writes how Jesus saved him in spite of his unbelief, in his outrageous unbelief against Christ he obtained mercy from Christ, observe 1 Tim 1:12-14

    12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;


    13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.


    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

    Thats why he could confidently write that Christ Jesus came into the to save sinners ! Unbelief isn't an hindrance to Christ saving a sinner in fact it calls for His mercy upon them. Remember Paul wrote of the election of grace, the vessels of mercy ? He wrote of them how God concluded them all in unbelief, and the reason why is given Rom 11:32

    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

    Gods wrath isn't towards the elect of God when they are in unbelief, but contrary, His Mercy is towards them for that very reason ! They shall obtain Mercy because of their unbelief, Mercy that saves them. Titus 3:5

    5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

    Now do you believe in the Christ Jesus that came into the world to save sinners, or the other jesus of man who came to make salvation possible ?

    Amen to both parts !


    The sinners that Christ Jesus came into the world to Save and set free from unbelief Rom. 11:32 are exclusive to God's Elect Eph. 1:4-5, His Vessels of Mercy which He prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23; Titus 3:5.

    So those in false religion who believe that Christ Jesus came to make salvation only a possibility based on some action or work a person performs of their own, they are deceived Eph. 2:8-9.

    For scripture tells us that the vessels of wrath fitted for destruction Rom. 9:22 God created for His Purpose Eph. 3:11 to suffer everlasting contempt Dan. 12:2.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (June 30th, 2018)

  6. #5
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,695
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 4,389 Times in 2,545 Posts

    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147735
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post

    Amen to both parts !


    The sinners that Christ Jesus came into the world to Save and set free from unbelief Rom. 11:32 are exclusive to God's Elect Eph. 1:4-5, His Vessels of Mercy which He prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23; Titus 3:5.

    So those in false religion who believe that Christ Jesus came to make salvation only a possibility based on some action or work a person performs of their own, they are deceived Eph. 2:8-9.

    For scripture tells us that the vessels of wrath fitted for destruction Rom. 9:22 God created for His Purpose Eph. 3:11 to suffer everlasting contempt Dan. 12:2.
    Both you and B57 are hyper-Calvinist unbelievers. You believe that Christ came to save only a very small amount of believers called the elect. Untrue

    John 3:16 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
    16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.

    Romans 10:9-13 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
    9 because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. 11 The scripture says, “No one who believes in him will be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to all who call on him. 13 For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

    1 John 2:1-2 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
    Christ Our Advocate
    1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.


    From Gotquestions.org:

    Question: "What is hyper-Calvinism and is it biblical?"

    Answer: A simple definition is this: hyper-Calvinism is the belief that God saves the elect through His sovereign will with little or no use of the methods of bringing about salvation (such as evangelism, preaching, and prayer for the lost). To an unbiblical fault, the hyper-Calvinist over-emphasizes God's sovereignty and under-emphasizes man's responsibility in the work of salvation.

    An obvious ramification of hyper-Calvinism is that it suppresses any desire to evangelize the lost. Most churches or denominations that hold to hyper-Calvinistic theology are marked by fatalism, coldness, and a lack of assurance of faith. There is little emphasis upon God's love for the lost and His own people but rather an unbiblical preoccupation with God's sovereignty, His election of the saved, and His wrath for the lost. The gospel of the hyper-Calvinist is a declaration of God's salvation of the elect and His damnation of the lost.

    The Bible clearly teaches that God is sovereign over the entire universe (Daniel 4:34-35), including the salvation of men (Ephesians 1:3-12). But with God's sovereignty, the Bible also teaches that His motivation for saving the lost is love (Ephesians 1:4-5; John 3:16; 1 John 4:9-10) and that God's means of saving the lost is the proclamation of His Word (Romans 10:14-15). The Bible also declares that the Christian is to be passionate and determined in his/her sharing with unbelievers; as ambassadors for Christ, we are to "beg" people to be reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:20-21).

    Hyper-Calvinism takes a biblical doctrine, God’s sovereignty, and pushes it to an unbiblical extreme. In doing so, the hyper-Calvinist downplays the love of God and the necessity of evangelism.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  7. #6
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,722
    Thanks
    589
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50998
    Mans religion doesn't really believe Christ came to save sinners, that is the rebellious, disobedient, blind, and spiritually dead sinner. They believe Christ came to make everyone savable, or to give everyone an equal opportunity to get saved if they only perform some sorta condition or conditions. Such teaching isn't in scripture, and its foreign to the truth of Christ being a Savior from sin Matt 1:21

    21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

    Now the word from is important here, the greek word
    apo and means:

    from, away from,

    of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed;

    Christ as a Savior saves from sin, disobedience, rebellion, and it would be counter productive if a Savior of sinners doesn't save one because they are a disobedient, rebellious sinner, of which He came to save !

    And yet thats what mans religion teach about Christ.

    Christ's Salvation gives salvaic gifts to the rebellious/stubborn ! Ps 68:18

    Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  8. #7
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,722
    Thanks
    589
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50998
    He saves them by regenerating them as their Savior !

    Titus 3:3-6

    3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.


    4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,


    5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;


    6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

    Before God our Savior saved us through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Ghost, we were spiritually lost and characterized as stated in vs 3

    3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

    The word disobedient here is the greek word apeithés and means :

    unbelieving, disobedient, who will not be persuaded

    literally, unwilling to be persuaded (by God) which shows itself in outward disobedience (outward spiritual rebellion); disobedient because unpersuaded.

    And before we become self righteous, thats all men by nature ! Paul says all were by God concluded in unbelief/disobedience Rom 11:32

    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

    The word unbelief here is derived from the same word for disobedient in the Titus 3:3 text

    However God in Christ as Savior saves His People from that by regeneration and renewal through /according to His Mercy !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  9. #8
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,722
    Thanks
    589
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50998
    Regenerating Mercy saves the Elect out of unbelief/disobedience !

    Now Paul when referring to the Elect vessels of mercy, and Elect remnant of the election of Grace from amongst the jews and gentiles, He stated that God concluded them all in unbelief/disobedience for what purpose ? A purpose of mercy Rom 11:32

    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

    The word that states why God put them in the prison of unbelief. That is the conjunction hina and means:


    1. that, in order that, so that, in order that (denoting the purpose or the result

      For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all [Jew and Gentile alike].AMP

      And this mercy is described and identified by Paul in Titus 3:5

      Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

      He saved the Elect according to His purpose of Mercy ! This is regenerating and Spiritual Mercy !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    MennoSota (July 13th, 2018)

  11. #9
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,276
    Thanks
    1,574
    Thanked 739 Times in 711 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27608
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Mans religion doesn't really believe Christ came to save sinners, that is the rebellious, disobedient, blind, and spiritually dead sinner. They believe Christ came to make everyone savable, or to give everyone an equal opportunity to get saved if they only perform some sorta condition or conditions. Such teaching isn't in scripture, and its foreign to the truth of Christ being a Savior from sin Matt 1:21

    21 [FONT="]And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name [/FONT][FONT="]Jesus[/FONT][FONT="]: for he shall save his people from their sins.

    Now the word from is important here, the greek word [/FONT]
    apo and means:

    from, away from,

    of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed;

    Christ as a Savior saves from sin, disobedience, rebellion, and it would be counter productive if a Savior of sinners doesn't save one because they are a disobedient, rebellious sinner, of which He came to save !

    And yet thats what mans religion teach about Christ.

    Christ's Salvation gives salvaic gifts to the rebellious/stubborn ! Ps 68:18

    Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

    Amen ! Man's religion doesn't really believe that Christ came to save rebellious / stubborn sinners, but that salvation depends upon their own contribution of works they perform.


    But the rebellious / stubborn sinners Christ came into the world to Save are given Spiritual Gifts Christ received at His Ascension Gal. 3:14; 4:6; Eph. 1:13 exclusively to His Body, the Church Eph. 4:8; 5:25.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (July 13th, 2018),MennoSota (July 13th, 2018)

  13. #10
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,276
    Thanks
    1,574
    Thanked 739 Times in 711 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27608
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Regenerating Mercy saves the Elect out of unbelief/disobedience !

    Now Paul when referring to the Elect vessels of mercy, and Elect remnant of the election of Grace from amongst the jews and gentiles, He stated that God concluded them all in unbelief/disobedience for what purpose ? A purpose of mercy Rom 11:32

    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

    The word that states why God put them in the prison of unbelief. That is the conjunction hina and means:


    1. that, in order that, so that, in order that (denoting the purpose or the result

      For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all [Jew and Gentile alike].AMP

      And this mercy is described and identified by Paul in Titus 3:5

      Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

      He saved the Elect according to His purpose of Mercy ! This is regenerating and Spiritual Mercy !

    Amen to both parts !


    God's Elect Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23 are Christ's Sheep, the remnant of mankind that Christ Saved, made Righteous by His Covenant Death Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6; Heb. 13:20 in their behalf. Therefore, according to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph. 3:11, they are set free from sin and unbelief [disobedience]; He opens their spiritually blind eyes in Regeneration / New Birth which points to the Promised Mercy Is. 42:6-7 in behalf of all Christ's Sheep, the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:29, comprised of both jew and or gentile !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (July 15th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us