User Tag List

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 512

Thread: The Left has become dangerously unhinged.

  1. #76
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,086
    Thanks
    18,740
    Thanked 5,408 Times in 3,412 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147585
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    Yeah....... but some Christians cling to some commands from God, but ignore or discount others ...... as they please, it seems.

    Now....... would you say that the idea of returning to your chosen commands from God, presumably capital and corporal punishment, tends to be more of a ring-wing or left-wing opinion. Which, for instance, are you..... right or left wing, politically?
    Politics has nothing to do with it, nor is it opinion. It's what the Bible says.

  2. #77
    Over 500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    501
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    9061
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    So yiour kind of Christians don't murder but would kill in self righteous judgement
    I call it 'justice.'
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    , and not only kill, but kill with the utmost torture.
    I can think of nothing better to do to a hypothetical person, who rapes and then murders a baby, for example, that to strap him to a device, break every one of his bones, and then leave him out in the elements to be eaten by birds. Literally nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    Yeah..... got that. I'm learning.
    Are you? I hope so.

    Are you a pacifist?
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  3. #78
    Over 500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    501
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    9061
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    Yeah....... but some Christians cling to some commands from God, but ignore or discount others ...... as they please, it seems.
    That is because there is no unity in the Church right now, there are all manner of political opinions out there, and Christians are not a bloc of voters. But no Christian is a murderer, and no murderer is a Christian, you can count on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    Now....... would you say that the idea of returning to your chosen commands from God, presumably capital and corporal punishment, tends to be more of a ring-wing or left-wing opinion. Which, for instance, are you..... right or left wing, politically?
    If you equate 'right-wing,' with supporting capital punishment/death penalty, then you're answering your own question, aren't you? Do you believe that this position can only be reasonably held by religious people?
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  4. #79
    Over 1000 post club eider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 799 Times in 548 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    309459
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    It is not an "opinion" for Bible believing Christians:

    "Whoever sheds manís blood, his blood will be shed by man,for God made man in His image" (Gen.9:6).
    An opinion is an opinion........ if you have a more exact word, would you share it?

    Do you believe in that 'torture wheel' mentioned earlier?
    Would you go to a public execution of a convicted criminal? ........... say, a murderer, or a gay maybe?

    Do you tend to find that many unhinged-leftists would support you and Gen 9:6?

    Would you describe yourself as right-wing politically.......... or possibly a moderate?

    I'm only asking.........

  5. #80
    Over 1000 post club eider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 799 Times in 548 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    309459
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Politics has nothing to do with it, nor is it opinion. It's what the Bible says.
    I've only just found this reply, but please do reply to my post before this one.

    The Jehovah Witnesses might follow what the bible says about murder, so I can see how you might consider them as you ally in such matters?

  6. #81
    Over 1000 post club eider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 799 Times in 548 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    309459
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    I call it 'justice.'
    I can think of nothing better to do to a hypothetical person, who rapes and then murders a baby, for example, that to strap him to a device, break every one of his bones, and then leave him out in the elements to be eaten by birds. Literally nothing.
    Are you? I hope so.
    ..... so would you ignore what Jesus said about killing in this matter, but pick earlier laws?

    Are you a pacifist?
    Is 'pacifist' a label which you might apply to anybody who would not or could not turn that wheel, throw that switch?

  7. #82
    Over 500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    501
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    9061
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    ..... so would you ignore what Jesus said about killing in this matter, but pick earlier laws?
    Sometimes the safest thing for humanity is to crush a rapist and murderer mercilessly, wrap his broken limbs around the spokes of a wagon wheel, and hoist that wagon wheel up on the top of a post, and rain or shine, let the birds and rats eat him alive. Jesus agrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    Is 'pacifist' a label which you might apply to anybody who would not or could not turn that wheel, throw that switch?
    No. It's someone who would not see it as their duty to arm themselves so that they could defend their loved ones, neighbors, and friends, from a murderer or rapist. If such a terrible thing were to occur to a pacifist, the pacifist's loved ones, neighbors, or friends, would be more likely to be murdered and raped, than as compared with someone for whom it is a duty to keep and bear arms.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  8. #83
    Over 1000 post club eider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 799 Times in 548 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    309459
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    That is because there is no unity in the Church right now, there are all manner of political opinions out there, and Christians are not a bloc of voters. But no Christian is a murderer, and no murderer is a Christian, you can count on that.
    Opinions....... absolutely.
    I'm just trying to discover whether there are any 'leftist' Christians who would support your opinions about Justice and sentencing.

    If you equate 'right-wing,' with supporting capital punishment/death penalty, then you're answering your own question, aren't you? Do you believe that this position can only be reasonably held by religious people?
    Oh no! I expect that you be together with all manner of other religions, atheists, agnostics etc in this.
    Many Muslim sections (Shia, Sunny, Amadiha) would be right there with you. Fundamentalist Muslims have been crucifying criminals in recent years. You're holding hands with them in this matter, I guess?

  9. #84
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,086
    Thanks
    18,740
    Thanked 5,408 Times in 3,412 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147585
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    I've only just found this reply, but please do reply to my post before this one.

    The Jehovah Witnesses might follow what the bible says about murder, so I can see how you might consider them as you ally in such matters?
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. That doesn't make them correct in all things though.

    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    An opinion is an opinion........ if you have a more exact word, would you share it?
    How about what God's law says?

    Do you believe in that 'torture wheel' mentioned earlier?
    Already addressed this, but I'll repeat it:

    God did not authorize torture for any reason.

    Would you go to a public execution of a convicted criminal?
    If he had committed a capital crime, yes.

    say, a murderer,
    Yes, and I would even volunteer to perform the execution myself.

    or a gay maybe?
    You opened this can of worms, not me.

    Yes, and as with the murderer, I would voluntarily (though taking plenty more precautions not to get any of their bodily fluids on me) execute the homo.

    Do you tend to find that many unhinged-leftists would support you and Gen 9:6?
    A wise manís heart is at his right hand, But a foolís heart at his left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV

    God is a "right wing" God.

    Would you describe yourself as right-wing politically.......... or possibly a moderate?

    I'm only asking.........
    As I said above, politics has nothing to do with this. But no, I'm (as my profile says) what you would call a right-wing zealot...

    ďI know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. - Revelation 3:15-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

  10. #85
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,086
    Thanks
    18,740
    Thanked 5,408 Times in 3,412 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147585
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    ..... so would you ignore what Jesus said about killing in this matter, but pick earlier laws?


    Is 'pacifist' a label which you might apply to anybody who would not or could not turn that wheel, throw that switch?
    A rapist murderer should be stoned to death. Not tortured.

    There's a reason God said "up to forty lashes," for certain crimes. It's because going beyond forty lashes runs the risk of killing the criminal, which would be unjust for a non-capital crime.

  11. #86
    Over 500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    501
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    9061
    Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    Opinions....... absolutely.
    I'm just trying to discover whether there are any 'leftist' Christians who would support your opinions about Justice and sentencing.


    Oh no! I expect that you be together with all manner of other religions, atheists, agnostics etc in this.
    Many Muslim sections (Shia, Sunny, Amadiha) would be right there with you. Fundamentalist Muslims have been crucifying criminals in recent years. You're holding hands with them in this matter, I guess?
    If it's justice, absolutely. How else can criminals possibly understand how merciful we are being to them, when we grant them 'life in prison,' which is, for the rest of their life, WE pay ALL their expenses, in exchange for them committing an egregious crime against an innocent person. They can't possibly understand how blanked-y-blank lucky they are, to be receiving such blanked-y-blank mercy, when they are guilty of raping and murdering a baby, for example, unless we break some of them on the wheel, and put em out for the birds. To remind the rest of them. The rest of the child rapists + murderers. The scum of the earth, that which the earth cries out to us, to extinguish them.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  12. #87
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,086
    Thanks
    18,740
    Thanked 5,408 Times in 3,412 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147585
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    If it's justice, absolutely. How else can criminals possibly understand how merciful we are being to them, when we grant them 'life in prison,' which is, for the rest of their life, WE pay ALL their expenses, in exchange for them committing an egregious crime against an innocent person. They can't possibly understand how blanked-y-blank lucky they are, to be receiving such blanked-y-blank mercy, when they are guilty of raping and murdering a baby, for example, unless we break some of them on the wheel, and put em out for the birds. To remind the rest of them. The rest of the child rapists + murderers. The scum of the earth, that which the earth cries out to us, to extinguish them.
    Please provide the scripture where God says to torture criminals before killing them.

    You can't, because He doesn't authorize it. In fact, God is against drawn out punishments.

    Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

  13. #88
    Over 500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    501
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    9061
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Please provide the scripture where God says to torture criminals before killing them.

    You can't, because He doesn't authorize it. In fact, God is against drawn out punishments.

    Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV
    This counsel tells us that if criminals are not punished in a timely manner, then other criminals will become emboldened to commit more crimes themselves. It's one of the reasons I support the Second Amendment so hard, because there is no quicker justice than when an innocent person performs a defensive gun use (DGU) to protect their loved ones, friends, or neighbors, from a predator. When predators know there's a decent chance an innocent bystander will produce a weapon and apply lethal force against them (DGU), they don't choose to commit so many crimes as when there's no chance that a DGU will happen.

    And on torture---you've got me. The Catholic Church does not teach that torture is ever warranted, no matter how horrific and barbaric and Nazi-like the crime, and I agree with her on that, if reluctantly. Perhaps we could, as concession, just FORCE any such predators to WATCH a realistic animation movie, where we video-edit in that predator's likeness, and show him being processed on the breaking wheel. And then, after they watch that, only then, do we punch their meal ticket for life.



    I do of course, still support . . . capital punishment. I'll compromise on torture, but only because the Church says to forbid it. Like she does abortion and pornography.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 3rd, 2018)

  15. #89
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    14,078
    Thanks
    7,927
    Thanked 6,488 Times in 4,335 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    You opened this can of worms, not me.

    Yes, and as with the murderer, I would voluntarily (though taking plenty more precautions not to get any of their bodily fluids on me) execute the homo.
    Well, thank goodness for the separation of church and state laws to protect society from religious crackpots and zealots.

    Well this is fun isn't it?


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (July 3rd, 2018)

  17. #90
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,019
    Thanks
    18,200
    Thanked 4,459 Times in 2,558 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147744
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Well, thank goodness for the separation of church and state laws to protect society from religious crackpots and zealots.

    Indeed ... at least in the UK. Stop bragging.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855





  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (July 3rd, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us