User Tag List

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Left has become dangerously unhinged.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 3,406 Posts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    This is the kind of BS I am talking about....

Town has an investment in bolstering the authority of "the laws of the land", regardless of whether they are evil and corrupt

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

drbrumley (July 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (July 13th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,533 Times in 4,765 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Town has an investment in bolstering the authority of "the laws of the land", regardless of whether they are evil and corrupt

Oh look... TH's fanboy has arrived...
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (July 11th, 2018),Rusha (July 11th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,556 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Speak for yourself; I've been collecting it for over eleven years now.

UM!!!

Oh wait, he is speaking for himself, what an I thinking. Well, anyway, I have been receiving it for 11 years but is is all taxable, it's true, all taxable.
    And that's a shame. Paying taxes on what you already paid in taxes....what a system.
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    No, I really don't. If that's your take away you need a better one.

First it was the "You're not God" gambit, which should have been embarrassing enough for you, now it's the "master" business.

If that's the best you can muster you should rethink why that is.

Meanwhile and on the point, I've defended taxation as a legal proposition and as a scripturally supported one.

I wrote: In any event, when you live here you agree by your presence to be subject to the laws of the land. Taxation is a part of that and anyone who finds it unconscionable is free to find another land and people more to their liking.

And this sort of declaration in lieu of reason is precisely what I'm speaking about as your problematic skewing, contextually. You appear to feel that how you want a thing to be is enough.

Nothing in that is a problematic stance morally, because I've already established scripturally that governments have authority that Christ noted and commanded his apostles to obey. Nothing about it is problematic rationally, because the laws of the land are written by that government and among those are the parameters of legal possession of a thing. I even set out an example of the rational necessity in the example of a thief laying claim.

Of course, you didn't address argument in your rush to substituting personal ire.
    So many words, waxed eloquent and you think you have proven a point! Nonsense.
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,767 Times in 4,701 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ain't it so! I have to pay more than double for medicare, and then all my SS is taxable, because I am in such a high tax bracket,, even though I do not even have a job. So we live by rob the wealthy in this society. I wish I was born 50 years earlier, yes, that would have been the days. Born a bell of the 1840s, how sweet, oh, no, that is 100 years ago, outdoor toilets, not for me, so I mean 1890s. the gay 90s but no gays. Now were cooking with gas!
    So, what?

believe it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

drbrumley (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,278 Times in 4,189 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He can, but you can get away.
    I hate seeing it, watching a facile mind attempt to defend a purely emotional position at odds with objective truth.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Town, in all his bluster, really thinks in his heart of hearts when Jesus told Peter to go fishing for the coin to pay the tax, that he endorses it. Never mind that Peter was asked if Jesus did NOT pay the tax, Peter's response was Jesus didn't. But since it was brought up, so as to not offend them, He said go fishing and get the coin. But that's a ringing endorsement to Town. Good job Town! I like to know how jumped to that conclusion.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate seeing it, watching a facile mind attempt to defend a purely emotional position at odds with objective truth.
    emotional. Obviously you jump to conclusions in awful lot.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Born 1894 no taxes until around 1916, thank you Wilson, ya jerk, then no fake society until 1964 when I would have been 70 yeas old and then die when Reagan was in office, die around 1980, or maybe 1985, how nice!

Never have to know about gay marriage and transgender fools!
    So, what?

believe it!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well maybe, but admit it, you are more emotional than me
    So, what?

believe it!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

drbrumley (July 11th, 2018),Town Heretic (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well maybe, but admit it, you are more emotional than me
    I think you're less easily offended, which is a bit different, but then I'm a lot harder to get to that point than I was when I arrived here, so there's hope on the point. I suspect time does that to us if we're paying attention. There's only so much nonsense to take seriously before you start to recognize it's nonsense.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

emotional. Obviously you jump to conclusions in awful lot.
    No, it's just that when I see you largely ignoring the argument to declare things about me that you can't sustain by actually quoting me I attribute it to emotion, subjective feeling. Otherwise I'm left to either question your rational ability or your character, which I'd rather not do.

Pro-Life

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Rusha (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Town, in all his bluster, really thinks in his heart of hearts when Jesus told Peter to go fishing for the coin to pay the tax, that he endorses it.
    Like that. Horrible mind reading or worse creative writing. Rather, Jesus had them pay the tax. He also said, looking at Caesar's coin, that we were to give Caesar what was his. Couple that with the other scripture I've provided and there's no doubt about what we should do. Using words like endorse can be nothing more or less than a way of looking at anything other than the clarity of our obligation, which you don't like.

Never mind that Peter was asked if Jesus did NOT pay the tax, Peter's response was Jesus didn't. But since it was brought up, so as to not offend them, He said go fishing and get the coin. But that's a ringing endorsement to Town. Good job Town! I like to know how jumped to that conclusion.
    And that, again, is why I attribute your position to emotion. You begin by using a word I didn't use to describe what Christ told us to do, then you take that word that only came from you and add "ringing" and an exclamation along with a desire to know how I arrived at a point that remains entirely your own creation.

If you're going to write fiction, write your own ending for it. But don't represent it as part of a biography.

Pro-Life

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Rusha (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ain't it so! I have to pay more than double for medicare, and then all my SS is taxable, because I am in such a high tax bracket,, even though I do not even have a job. So we live by rob the wealthy in this society. I wish I was born 50 years earlier, yes, that would have been the days. Born a bell of the 1840s, how sweet, oh, no, that is 100 years ago, outdoor toilets, not for me, so I mean 1890s. the gay 90s but no gays. Now were cooking with gas!
    The tax rate on the poor wealthy [/sarcasm] is lower than it was during the economic boom that followed WWII by a staggering margin and lower than it was during the subsequent economic expansions under Reagan (he lowered it from 70 to 28 toward the end of his 2nd term) and Clinton (who raised it to 39+ during his economic boom). My father and his friends are doubtless overjoyed, but let's not gnash teeth and rend garments over the plight of the wealthiest.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you're less easily offended, which is a bit different, but then I'm a lot harder to get to that point than I was when I arrived here, so there's hope on the point. I suspect time does that to us if we're paying attention. There's only so much nonsense to take seriously before you start to recognize it's nonsense.
    I agree. I have a sister who is very good at theology, but blows it when other members get to her and she is a real rep addict. She got in Dutch here over the stupid rep system and had a fit about it.

Now I am not saying you have the same issues, but you do let people get to you. These web forums are not the same as knowing people in a real sense.

Web forums will always be surreal and sometime more for some than others, so, it is hard to know where you stand with anyone.
    So, what?

believe it!

Thread Information