User Tag List

Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Thread: The Left has become dangerously unhinged.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,995 Times in 4,845 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Theft as a legal matter rests on the foundation that when something is taken from another against their will, it is a thing they have legal title to. Because if that isn't the foundation a thief has as much complaint against the police who confiscate the property he has stolen. The law establishes what constitutes that title.

If you live here and pay taxes you are paying them willfully, participating in a system from which you derive benefits. Living in this compact is prima facie an agreement on your part to abide by the rules, to obey the law and to bear your portion of its freight. If you don't agree with the premise strongly enough you can remove yourself and are free to find another that suits you, leaving those taxes and participation behind.
    A theft of small things is a tort, trespass to chattel, and often trespass to land.
    So, what?

believe it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Tambora (August 11th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,774 Times in 4,498 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    A theft of small things is a tort, trespass to chattel, and often trespass to land.
    Well, a tort is an inherently civil matter aimed at compensation for a harm worked contrary to the right of the injured party. Torts are largely though not always the civil side of a criminal action, from the maliciously willful to the unintended but foreseeable. And, of course, there's vicarious liability on the part of an employer, which might not have any criminal teeth but is carried by virtue of benefit and scope.

In any event, when you live here you agree by your presence to be subject to the laws of the land. Taxation is a part of that and anyone who finds it unconscionable is free to find another land and people more to their liking.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,675 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he met the obligations of the state, as he had commanded others to do.
    Yeah, but there is huge difference between you and He.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, a tort is an inherently civil matter aimed at compensation for a harm worked contrary to the right of the injured party. Torts are largely though not always the civil side of a criminal action, from the maliciously willful to the unintended but foreseeable. And, of course, there's vicarious liability on the part of an employer, which might not have any criminal teeth but is carried by virtue of benefit and scope.

In any event, when you live here you agree by your presence to be subject to the laws of the land. Taxation is a part of that and anyone who finds it unconscionable is free to find another land and people more to their liking.
    Oh yes, taxes , no winning there. I have had trouble with "them" and managed to pay up too much to count. Now I go through a personal accountant, a CPA.

I thought you meant someone stealing someone's underwear off a clothes line?

I did not read the whole thread, so I assumed it might be minor theft, which is a civil tort. Underwear and taxes, to different things.

You see, people are forgetting about me on TOL, poor me, boo hoo.
    So, what?

believe it!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

annabenedetti (July 11th, 2018),Tambora (August 11th, 2018),Town Heretic (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Yeah, but there is huge difference between you and He.
    Right, because I don't tell us what to do. He does and he did and they went out and did that.

And there's no difference between what he told us to do and what I'm saying we should do about taxes, which is more important on the point if not to me, personally.

Pro-Life

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

annabenedetti (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not when the Father looks at me.

And there's no difference between what he told us to do and what I'm saying we should do about taxes, which is more important on the point if not to me, personally.
    Sorry, you don't say "lest we offend"...you say "the government is your master." Big difference

But go on, you and the rest of ya can rip romans 13 to shreds as you do.

Maybe a word study on rulers will help you some day.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sorry, you don't say "lest we offend"...you say "the government is your master." Big difference
    No, I never have, but that's something you can work out with your conscience. Mine is clear on the point.

Christ said to do it. He told those under his authority to do it. You can't put me between that and obedience, much as you try.

Pro-Life

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

annabenedetti (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I never have, but that's something you can work out with your conscience. Mine is clear on the point.

Christ said to do it. He told those under his authority to do it. You can't put me between that and obedience, much as you try.
    Please. My conscience is clear on point as well. You imply it all the time.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He can, but you can get away.
    So, what?

believe it!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Tambora (August 11th, 2018),Town Heretic (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the kind of BS I am talking about....

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,003 Times in 4,985 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you collecting social security yet?
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    Are you collecting social security yet?
    No

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,069 Times in 4,705 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    I like JR and respect him. My post goes to the fact that some of these persons might find life intolerable and would like a way out.. It is purely pragmatic. Not all have much to live for and barely making it past fifty with no family, just maybe opting out is a viable option.

Should wanting to opt out be denied by someone else s religious beliefs, as that is the reason it is denied, why not allow anyone who cannot deal with life, after a certain age, the right to opt out?

It may seem left wing but it is not, as it saves taxpayer dollars.
    Oh, okay. Be interesting to see his response...
    Well this is fun isn't it?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

annabenedetti (July 11th, 2018),Rusha (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Please. My conscience is clear on point as well. You imply it all the time.
    No, I really don't.

Meanwhile and on the point, I've defended taxation as a legal proposition and as a scripturally supported one.

I wrote: In any event, when you live here you agree by your presence to be subject to the laws of the land. Taxation is a part of that and anyone who finds it unconscionable is free to find another land and people more to their liking.
    And this sort of declaration in lieu of reason is precisely what I'm speaking about as your problematic skewing, contextually. You appear to feel that how you want a thing to be is enough.

Nothing in that is a problematic stance morally, because I've already established scripturally that governments have authority that Christ noted and commanded his apostles to obey. Nothing about it is problematic rationally, because the laws of the land are written by that government and among those are the parameters of legal possession of a thing.

And that's that.

Pro-Life

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

annabenedetti (July 11th, 2018),Rusha (July 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No
    Speak for yourself; I've been collecting it for over eleven years now.

Oh wait, he is speaking for himself, what an I thinking. Well, anyway, I have been receiving it for 11 years but is is all taxable, it's true, all taxable.
    So, what?

believe it!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

annabenedetti (July 11th, 2018),Arthur Brain (July 11th, 2018),Tambora (August 11th, 2018)

Thread Information