User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the government take away my children if I deliberately involve them in ...

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 2,788 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    ...in your posts, yes, we know

still, in an attempt to get you to think about the positions you hold, I'll ask again:

Is a state, in general, justified in protecting its borders?
    It depends - for even in Scripture, such is not always the case.

For that matter, was Berlin justified in protecting its borders given what their supposed "protectionism" ended up, under Nazi Germany's corrupt version of "for the common man."

Besides, that's just your kind ever deflecting what your Extremist Extreme Right subscribe to - when the issue right now is STILL the well-being of those children to the best of OUR ability as their captors - regardless of why their parents are coming here, or what have you.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,924 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And more and more republicans are abandoning the Trump policy of abusing children as a "deterrent" against their parents.

Republican strategist Anna Navarro reams out a Trump apologist.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Rusha (June 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bottom line, two-thirds of Americans oppose Trump's policy of abusing children as a "deterrent" against their parents.

You might think "how on Earth could there be 34% of Americans who don't oppose such abuse?"

Here's how:

The percentage of people who identify as or lean Republican has fallen 5 points from 42 percent of the population to 37 percent, according to the poll comparing November 2016 with November 2017, which was released last week.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,752 Times in 4,206 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinark View Post
    This would be like taking away children from parents who steal bread to feed their children.
    well, no

it would be like taking away children from parents who drag their children along through Chicago's ghetto streets on a Saturday night in August while trying to find bread to steal

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    It depends ...

well, it was asked as a generality, but you wanted to get into specifics

how about this:

Is the United States justified in protecting its borders?

for example - I live about four miles from the Canadian border - the border patrol presence around here is constant - on the river, on the roads

is that a justifiable responsibility for the US government to undertake?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Decent people do not inflict such heartache and trauma on others who are peacefully trying to move into a new political jurisdiction. Decent people refuse to countenance such actions. Decent people renounce such actions. And decent people do not hide behind “It’s the law!” to justify such cruelty when the so-called “law” is nothing more than legislation."

https://cafehayek.com/2018/06/law-le...s-cruelty.html

Well said

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinark For Your Post:

Rusha (June 19th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 Times in 4,256 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It's good to see you back, Doser.

Yes, if you bring your kids to the heist, they need to be removed from the parent's "care".
    If a criminal brings his children (and by children, I mean under the age of accountability) with him to commit a crime, and forces them to participate, then he should be tried, and upon due conviction, be sentenced to death by tying a millstone around his neck and be tossed into the deep. (Luke 17:1-2)

If the children (and here by children, I mean those over the age of accountability) willingly participate, then whatever the crime is, they should all be tried, and upon due conviction, punished accordingly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Stripe (June 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    If a criminal brings his children (and by children, I mean under the age of accountability) with him to commit a crime, and forces them to participate, then he should be tried, and upon due conviction, be sentenced to death by tying a millstone around his neck and be tossed into the deep. (Luke 17:1-2)

If the children (and here by children, I mean those over the age of accountability) willingly participate, then whatever the crime is, they should all be tried, and upon due conviction, punished accordingly.
    So would your bible would argue that a slave who escapes with his children should be put to death if the law prohibits slaves running away?

This is why the bible should not be used as a basis for morality. Thankfully, the majority of people in society agree and do not use the bible to get their morals.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinark For Your Post:

Rusha (June 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    well, no

it would be like taking away children from parents who drag their children along through Chicago's ghetto streets on a Saturday night in August while trying to find bread to steal
    Why is peacefully attempting to enter another political jurisdiction to provide a better life for one's children equivalent to taking your children through the streets of the Chicago "ghetto" at night?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinark For Your Post:

Foxfire (June 19th, 2018),quip (June 20th, 2018),Rusha (June 19th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 Times in 4,256 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So would your bible would argue that a slave who escapes with his children should be put to death if the law prohibits slaves running away?
    Slavery based on kidnapping is wrong because kidnapping itself is wrong. Someone who kidnaps should be, upon conviction, executed.

However, slavery as a form of punishment for crime or as a deterrent for one's enemies is just. In such cases where restitution is the punishment, but the criminal cannot afford to pay their debt, then they would be put into indentured servitude for 6 years, or until the debt is paid off, whichever comes first (separate from the victim, of course), and all the proceeds of his labor go to pay off the victim of his crime. On the seventh year, he is released and any remaining debt is wiped.

That is what the Bible says. It also says for slaves to honor their masters, and for masters to not mistreat their slaves (talking about slavery as a deterrent for war).

This is why the bible should not be used as a basis for morality.
    Begging the question is a logical fallacy. You should avoid using it.

Thankfully, the majority of people in society agree and do not use the bible to get their morals.
    Thankfully, appeal to popularity is also a logical fallacy. You should avoid using it as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

ok doser (June 19th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ...others who are peacefully trying to move into a new political jurisdiction...

there are legal mechanisms in place for immigrating

and we're not talking about "political jurisdictions", we're talking about crossing national borders

and I can't think of a single modern nation, offhand, that doesn't protect its borders

can you?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (June 20th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    btw - you don't see the contradictions of "peacefully" breaking the law?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "I think I'll peacefully rob that bank I've been casing"

any problems with that?

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's a reason why the FBI distinguishes non-violent and violent crime. Of course you can peacefully violate the law. Civil rights groups did it constantly as a way of overturning laws that were morally indefensible. Civil disobedience is exactly peacefully violating the law.

When Donald Trump was forced to pay back all the people who signed up for his fake "university", he did so, because he broke the law. But he did it peacefully, not violently.

Thread Information