User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 284

Thread: Should the government take away my children if I deliberately involve them in ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,187
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 4,584 Times in 3,446 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710

    Should the government take away my children if I deliberately involve them in ...

    ... criminal activity?



    As a general principle




    looks like I can't set this up as a poll, so for the hundreds of regular posters who are still participating here, just answer with a quick "yes" or "no"

  2. #2
    Over 1500 post club way 2 go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,770
    Thanks
    1,076
    Thanked 813 Times in 486 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    372378
    I would think the government should punish the parents , take the parents away.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (June 22nd, 2018),ok doser (June 17th, 2018)

  4. #3
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,187
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 4,584 Times in 3,446 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    I meant to state my own opinion

    yes, the government should treat the parents as abusive parents and remove the children

  5. #4
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,352
    Thanks
    13,016
    Thanked 34,741 Times in 17,490 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147787
    It's good to see you back, Doser.

    Yes, if you bring your kids to the heist, they need to be removed from the parent's "care".

  6. #5
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,216
    Thanks
    19,092
    Thanked 5,483 Times in 3,473 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147587
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It's good to see you back, Doser.

    Yes, if you bring your kids to the heist, they need to be removed from the parent's "care".
    If a criminal brings his children (and by children, I mean under the age of accountability) with him to commit a crime, and forces them to participate, then he should be tried, and upon due conviction, be sentenced to death by tying a millstone around his neck and be tossed into the deep. (Luke 17:1-2)

    If the children (and here by children, I mean those over the age of accountability) willingly participate, then whatever the crime is, they should all be tried, and upon due conviction, punished accordingly.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Stripe (June 20th, 2018)

  8. #6
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,187
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 4,584 Times in 3,446 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    I think it's revealing that nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids

    why?

    because they don't have the same emotional impact



    and all they're interested in doing is using the emotional impact of the children to bash trump

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (June 22nd, 2018)

  10. #7
    Over 500 post club everready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    584
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 59 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    22170
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    I think it's revealing that nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids

    why?

    because they don't have the same emotional impact



    and all they're interested in doing is using the emotional impact of the children to bash trump
    Exactly!

    “The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

    ~Adolf Hitler
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

  11. #8
    TOL Legend annabenedetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,715
    Thanks
    7,134
    Thanked 8,767 Times in 4,870 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147726
    Quote Originally Posted by everready View Post
    Exactly!

    “The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

    ~Adolf Hitler

    Exactly? Or not exactly?

    Did Hitler Really Say People Will ‘Endure Almost Any Curtailment of Liberty’ if it’s ‘Perceived as Working for the Benefit of the Children’?


    A reputed quote by Adolph Hitler has been trending on social media. The Fuhrer supposedly wrote the following in Mein Kampf: “The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation.”

    I was asked to verify whether the quote is true. To do this, I called up a PDF version of Mein Kampf “Auf Deutsch,” pressed “control F” and typed in “Kind,” the German word for child.

    The word “Kind” appears 95 times in Mein Kampf. Adolph Hitler clearly has a great interest in policies which encourage Germans to have children. On page 48, for example, he castigates the political bourgeoisie for rejecting child-friendly Social Democratic measures such as maternity leave or prohibition on child labor.

    The first sentence of the alleged quote can be found on page 446, as part of a chapter entitled “The State”.

    Er hat das Kind zum kostbarsten Gut eines Volkes zu erklaeren.” (“The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people.”)

    That sentence is clearly present in the text.

    But the second sentence in the so-called English translation is a fabrication. This is the sentence which follows in German: “Er muss dafuer sorgen, dass nur, wer gesund ist, Kinder zeugt.” (“The state must insure that only those who are healthy have children.”

    In the paragraph which follows on page 446 and 447, Hitler asserts that the state must ensure that those who are sick or weak should not reproduce. At the same time, the state must do everything to see that “blessing of children does not become a curse.”

    He argues that the state must provide financial incentives for Germans to have large families: “Seine Sorge gehoert mehr dem Kinde als dem Erwachsenen.” (The State is “the most important patron of this precious blessing of a people. Its concern should be focused more on the child than on the grown up.”)

    The second half of the alleged quote—“As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation”—cannot be found in the text of Mein Kampf.

    As for "nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids..." That's simply not true. So "Exactly!" doesn't work there either.
    So keep your candles burning

    a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (July 5th, 2018),Rusha (July 5th, 2018)

  13. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 176 Times in 111 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    68118
    Hitler believed that the primary job of Aryan women was to be healthy strong breeders for more Aryan children. Thus the Nazis strongly promoted families and childbearing among the 'right' kind. While also engaging in sterilization and extermination among the 'wrong' kind. That is why the second part of the alleged quote is wrong and even unnecessary, he believed the first part was truth period, provided you used his definition of people, not a ploy to achieve the second part.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kit the Coyote For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (July 10th, 2018),Rusha (July 5th, 2018)

  15. #10
    Over 500 post club everready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    584
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 59 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    22170
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    Exactly? Or not exactly?

    Did Hitler Really Say People Will ‘Endure Almost Any Curtailment of Liberty’ if it’s ‘Perceived as Working for the Benefit of the Children’?


    A reputed quote by Adolph Hitler has been trending on social media. The Fuhrer supposedly wrote the following in Mein Kampf: “The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation.”

    I was asked to verify whether the quote is true. To do this, I called up a PDF version of Mein Kampf “Auf Deutsch,” pressed “control F” and typed in “Kind,” the German word for child.

    The word “Kind” appears 95 times in Mein Kampf. Adolph Hitler clearly has a great interest in policies which encourage Germans to have children. On page 48, for example, he castigates the political bourgeoisie for rejecting child-friendly Social Democratic measures such as maternity leave or prohibition on child labor.

    The first sentence of the alleged quote can be found on page 446, as part of a chapter entitled “The State”.

    Er hat das Kind zum kostbarsten Gut eines Volkes zu erklaeren.” (“The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people.”)

    That sentence is clearly present in the text.

    But the second sentence in the so-called English translation is a fabrication. This is the sentence which follows in German: “Er muss dafuer sorgen, dass nur, wer gesund ist, Kinder zeugt.” (“The state must insure that only those who are healthy have children.”

    In the paragraph which follows on page 446 and 447, Hitler asserts that the state must ensure that those who are sick or weak should not reproduce. At the same time, the state must do everything to see that “blessing of children does not become a curse.”

    He argues that the state must provide financial incentives for Germans to have large families: “Seine Sorge gehoert mehr dem Kinde als dem Erwachsenen.” (The State is “the most important patron of this precious blessing of a people. Its concern should be focused more on the child than on the grown up.”)

    The second half of the alleged quote—“As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation”—cannot be found in the text of Mein Kampf.

    As for "nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids..." That's simply not true. So "Exactly!" doesn't work there either.
    i posted that because of what i see in today's media..i see it being used over and over again, can't you?

    everready
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

  16. #11
    TOL Legend annabenedetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,715
    Thanks
    7,134
    Thanked 8,767 Times in 4,870 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147726
    Quote Originally Posted by everready View Post
    i posted that because of what i see in today's media..i see it being used over and over again, can't you?

    everready

    You posted a quotation that was only partly genuine, and the part you say you see in today's media - wasn't said by Hitler at all.
    So keep your candles burning

    a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

  17. #12
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    9,629
    Thanks
    2,289
    Thanked 6,790 Times in 4,717 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147716
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    I think it's revealing that nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids

    why?

    because they don't have the same emotional impact



    and all they're interested in doing is using the emotional impact of the children to bash trump
    Why is easy. Some creepy psychologists wanted to take over child psychology and started this sissy spoiling no

    Children need from a very early age a good spanking so they learn life has painful consequence for doing some thing adults believe wrong.

    Slowly,over time, parents have come to embrace their children remaining children into mid-adulthood. Living with mild mannered parents does not promote wanting to became adults. The studies are in now for all to see, children do not care near as much about being adults as say children coming to age in 1965. In those days, boys wanted their own cars, they wanted to learn about sex and how to get a job and be a grown-up; in a way, they wanted adulthood to much.

    Now today, teenagers do not care about achieving adulthood, they have sex much later, and this all can be found in studies on Google, and they do not want to have their own place to live, in fact sole wish to continue to live with parents until hey are in their 30s!

    They are less concerned about being grown up more than at any previous time in modern American history. They don't have problems with homos because they are not sure about sex themselves, and they lost the art of being male, and now are called metro sexual, which is more queer than men were back in 1965 graduating high school.
    So, what?

    believe it!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (July 16th, 2018)

  19. #13
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,220
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,730 Times in 2,781 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1241306
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    ... criminal activity?



    As a general principle




    looks like I can't set this up as a poll, so for the hundreds of regular posters who are still participating here, just answer with a quick "yes" or "no"
    Depends on who is defining the activity "criminal."

    Here, I'll give you an example from Scripture itself about what it means to "throughly" be Pro-Life, since your kind do not appear to have a clue of what it is you supposedly stand for.

    In Matthew two, Joseph and Mary engage in a "criminal activity" by their quick exit out town, rather than comply with King Herod's edict that "the child" Jesus be handed over for execution.

    Why such an extreme edict?

    Because Herod: the absolutely morally bankrupt and preening vain Trump of their day has taken "personal umbrage" as you hypocrites like to say, with his having been upstaged by - a baby.

    Who put the idea in Mary and Joseph's mind that they should flee / seek asylum elsewhere?

    Supposedly, the God you bigots claim is your moral compass.

    The same God who will later inspire the penning of Romans 13 (obviously crystal clear aware throughout of what He had warned His disciples about corrupt rulers years earlier, in the Person of Christ, at the very beginning of Matthew 23).

    But there is no reasoning with your kind.

    There is only pointing your kind out for what you really are...

    Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

    Rom. 5:6-8.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    Rusha (June 19th, 2018)

  21. #14
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,187
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 4,584 Times in 3,446 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Depends on who is defining the activity "criminal."
    usually its the legal system, in the US, the legislatures



    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    ... your kind...

    ...you hypocrites...

    ...you bigots...

    ...your kind....

    ...your kind...

    what is "my kind"?

    in what way am I being a hypocrite?

    in what way am I bigoted?


    be specific

  22. #15
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,220
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,730 Times in 2,781 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1241306
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    usually its the legal system, in the US, the legislatures






    what is "my kind"?

    in what way am I being a hypocrite?

    in what way am I bigoted?


    be specific
    Never mind what I asserted based on Matthew 2, ay?

    No surprise you focused on you - none - at all.

    And by that, answering this question of yours, clueless that you yourself answered it.

    Here, another example of a "criminal activity" against that which had been "legislated" you extremist hypocrite...

    Exodus 1:22 And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son that is born ye shall cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive.

    Exodus 2:1 And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi. 2:2 And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months. 2:3 And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink. 2:4 And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him.

    2:5 And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.

    2:6 And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.

    2:9 And Pharaoh's daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the woman took the child, and nursed it.

    2:10 And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.

    But look who I am having to post that to - to you and your kind, on here.

    Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us