Thread: No Works-No Salvation

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    do deathbed conversions/acceptances of Christ result in salvation?
    I said
    I don't see how. We have to have faith, then we have to prove our faith with works. Abraham had to prove his faith. We have to prove ours.

[Jas 2:21-22, 24, 26
    21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
    22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
    24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,632 Times in 28,770 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tnkrbl123! View Post
    ok so are you saying that "the new testament didn't come into effect until after Jesus died?" So then nothing that happened before Jesus died is legit? I'm just wondering what your opinion is. Because you said that the thief on the cross doesn't count because it happened "before the new testament came into effect" so then naturally nothing that happened before Jesus died is "the new testament" and therefore should not be used in Christianity right?
    Actually, it says that it has to be the death of the testator (ie. the one that made the covenant).
    And that testator that established the covenant has to die BEFORE the covenant takes effect.

It was GOD that established both the old and the new covenant.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 18th, 2018),ok doser (June 18th, 2018),steko (June 18th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,752 Times in 4,206 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Why wouldn't it?
    no opportunity to do works

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 18th, 2018),steko (June 18th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said
    There are a lot of believers that are not going to make it. Because of no works.

Some Believers Won't Make It

[Mat 7:22-23
    22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
    23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
    [Luk 6:46 NKJV] 46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?
    [Luk 13:24-28 NKJV] 24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
    25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
    26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
    27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
    28 "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
    Last edited by Squeaky; June 18th, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which works???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 18th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Which works???
    Squeaky-works

hey Squeaky - give me an example of a work that I should do to prove my faith

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squeaky-works

I said

[Mat 25:31-46
    31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
    32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides [his] sheep from the goats.
    33 "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
    34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    35 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
    36 'I [was] naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
    37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed [You], or thirsty and give [You] drink?
    38 'When did we see You a stranger and take [You] in, or naked and clothe [You]?
    39 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
    40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did [it] to one of the least of these My brethren, you did [it] to Me.'
    41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
    43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
    44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
    45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do [it] to one of the least of these, you did not do [it] to Me.'
    46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post

I was hungry and you gave Me food

I was thirsty and you gave Me drink

I was a stranger and you took Me in

I [was] naked and you clothed Me

I was sick and you visited Me

I was in prison and you came to Me

OK - I've given food to the hungry and drink to the thirsty and shelter to the homeless and clothed the naked, visited the sick and came to those imprisoned

is that good enough to prove my faith, to count myself as righteous in the eyes of the Lord?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK - I've given food to the hungry and drink to the thirsty and shelter to the homeless and clothed the naked, visited the sick and came to those imprisoned

is that good enough to prove my faith, to count myself as righteous in the eyes of the Lord?
    I said
    No but its a start. You are to bring every thought in your mind to the obedience of the new testament. And to be Christ's you have to crucify all your emotions. The other ones are the works that you do on the outside. These are the works you do on the inside. And if you have done them you wouldn't be asking me any questions. Because you would know.

[2Co 10:4-5
    4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

[Gal 5:24-25
    24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I said
    No
    bummer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 18th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Squeaky-works

Be sure and have him list them all so you don't miss any.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 18th, 2018),ok doser (June 18th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bummer
    I said
    I went after the only guarantee in the whole bible. The Holy Spirit. And He only quotes verses. And I went through many years of suffering against my emotions until they were all gone. But I know the guarantee now.

[2Co 5:5
    5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what if I die before I go through the Squeaky-great-big-plan-o-salvation?

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,774 Times in 4,255 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said
    No but its a start. You are to bring every thought in your mind to the obedience of the new testament. And to be Christ's you have to crucify all your emotions. The other ones are the works that you do on the outside. These are the works you do on the inside. And if you have done them you wouldn't be asking me any questions. Because you would know.

4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    Hey, Squeaky, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the believers which neither the patriarchs of Israel nor Israel herself was able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.

Spoiler
    And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren.And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them.But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” - Acts 15:1-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Tambora (June 18th, 2018),way 2 go (June 18th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,774 Times in 4,255 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said

Would cutting off the flesh be enough to show that we are saved?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Tambora (June 18th, 2018)

Thread Information