User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump says he won't sign legislation banning separation of children from parents

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,542 Times in 3,411 Posts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Barbie claims:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    ...Trump withdrew medical care for the severely-ill child of a relative...
    doser notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    in my experience, medical care is provided by medical professionals

is trump a medical professional?
    Barbie hastily backpedals:

It is alleged that a week later Donald retaliated by withdrawing the funds ...

oh

that's different

so Donald didn't "withdraw medical care", he just stopped paying for it

wait a tic - the relative was his brother, who was a pilot.

why should Donald be expected to pay for the health care of his brother's child?

isn't that his brother's responsibility?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

glorydaz (June 18th, 2018),lifeisgood (June 21st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,811 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And the game goes on...
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sounds like we have a problem with porous borders and illegal immigration

how do you think we should fix it?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

fool (June 17th, 2018),lifeisgood (June 21st, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK - I watched the video, really impressive footage of a reporter flapping his gums in front of a wall

if a wall can keep illegal immigrants in, do you think there's a possibility that a wall can keep illegal immigrants out?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

fool (June 17th, 2018),lifeisgood (June 21st, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Efficacy of a Wall
    Trump speaks with absolute certainty of a wall’s ability to repel entries, yet the efficacy of the existing barriers has gone largely unstudied. The president is proposing a project likely to cost tens of billions of dollars and to suck up many other resources, and he is doing so without a single evaluation of the barrier. Obviously, any obstacle to passage will reduce entries at the margin. But would other options work better?

Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) of the House Homeland Security Committee failed to obtain an answer to this exact question from the Obama administration. Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) concluded in 2013 that “it would be an inefficient use of taxpayer money to complete the fence,” but he gave no indication of how he evaluated the costs and benefits. A 2016 Migration Policy Institute review of the impact of walls and fences around the world turned up no academic literature specifically on the deterrent effect of physical barriers relative to other technologies or strategies, and concluded somewhat vaguely that walls appear to be “relatively ineffective.”

Fences can have strong local effects, and the case for more fencing often relies completely on these regional outcomes. Take the San Diego border sector, probably the most commonly cited success story in this debate.

From 1990 to 1993, it replaced a “totally ineffective” fence with a taller, opaque landing mat fence along 14 miles of the border. This had little impact on the number of border crossers. “The primary fence, by itself, did not have a discernible impact on the influx of unauthorized aliens coming across the border in San Diego,” the Congressional Research Service concluded.

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work

Turns out, most Border Patrol agents are skeptical:

But the biggest practical problem with a wall is its opacity. In fact, many Border Patrol agents oppose a concrete wall for precisely this reason (albeit quietly, given that they were also some of Trump’s biggest supporters during the election). “A cinder block or rock wall, in the traditional sense, isn’t necessarily the most effective or desirable choice,” Border Patrol agents told Fox News. “Seeing through a fence allows agents to anticipate and mobilize, prior to illegal immigrants actually climbing or cutting through the fence.”
    ibid

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Efficacy of a Wall
    did you even bother to watch the video you posted?

at the very least it appears to be effective in keeping children from crossing it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,776 Times in 2,551 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parents their trafficker Lk 17:2

What's new?
    PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans have distanced themselves from the Trump administration’s policy of separating children from their parents at the southern border even as the White House cited the Bible in defending its “zero tolerance” approach to illegal border crossings.
    The comments came as House Speaker Paul Ryan and other Republicans said they were not comfortable with family separations, which spiked dramatically after the Justice Department adopted a policy in April of referring all illegal border crossers for prosecution.

“We don’t want kids to be separated from their parents,” Ryan said Thursday.

Sen. James Lankford tweeted Thursday that he told a constituent that, “I am asking the White House to keep families together as much as we can.”

In an unusually tense series of exchanges in the White House briefing room, Sanders blamed Democrats for the policy separating children from parents and wrongly insisted the administration had made no changes increasing the tactics’ use.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ite-house.html

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    GOP fears midterms backlash from breaking up families at the border
    "The images are devastating" for the GOP, said one Republican operative, referring to children and their families being separated.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's policy of taking immigrant children from their parents at the southern border may have been designed to push Democrats to the negotiating table in Congress — but it could end up costing Republican lawmakers.

But the policy, which has separated some 2,000 children from their parents in just six weeks, could have the opposite effect as anxious Republican lawmakers fear voters may see their party as heartless on immigration and punish them for it in November. And Democrats are driving home that message in emails to supporters and by organizing trips to detention centers.

The issue will "absolutely" be a factor in the midterm elections this fall, said a GOP operative working to elect Republicans to Congress, adding that "the images are devastating" for the GOP.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...border-n883706

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    GOP fears midterms backlash from breaking up families at the border
    "The images are devastating" for the GOP, said one Republican operative, referring to children and their families being separated.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's policy of taking immigrant children from their parents at the southern border may have been designed to push Democrats to the negotiating table in Congress — but it could end up costing Republican lawmakers.

But the policy, which has separated some 2,000 children from their parents in just six weeks, could have the opposite effect as anxious Republican lawmakers fear voters may see their party as heartless on immigration and punish them for it in November. And Democrats are driving home that message in emails to supporters and by organizing trips to detention centers.

The issue will "absolutely" be a factor in the midterm elections this fall, said a GOP operative working to elect Republicans to Congress, adding that "the images are devastating" for the GOP.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...border-n883706

the left will try to take advantage of the suffering of the families as much as they can

where were they when bammy was abusing the children of immigrants?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

glorydaz (June 18th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Trump again falsely blames the Democrats for his administration's family separations
    Is this the fault of Democrats, as Trump has continued to claim falsely for weeks?
    No. This was a deliberate policy shift by the Trump administration. They have the power to unilaterally reverse it. It's legal, no question, but it's purely the administration's decision.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/polit...ump/index.html

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is this the fault of Democrats...

of course it is

the democrats and the republicans who did nothing to address immigration reform during the eight years of bammy's failed presidency

that's why we need to press trump to...

Spoiler
    DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

glorydaz (June 18th, 2018),lifeisgood (June 21st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,012 Times in 657 Posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump doesn't want to drain the swamp. He wants to charge rent to the alligators.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Eeset For Your Post:

Rusha (June 20th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    he's a hotelier at heart

Thread Information