User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should be the penalty for lying about others to the police?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death

    2 28.57%
  • Whatever sentence the person lied about might have been sentenced to

    3 42.86%
  • Let them off with a warning not to do it again, maybe probation

    0 0%
  • Women never lie abour rape.

    2 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: 5 women who lied about rape

  1. #16
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,840
    Thanks
    7,396
    Thanked 8,999 Times in 4,985 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147729
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Are you stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    You are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    So are you.
    musterion taking a pass at intelligent responses to his OP because they don't reinforce his bias.


    So keep your candles burning

    a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (June 12th, 2018),Rusha (June 12th, 2018),Town Heretic (June 15th, 2018)

  3. #17
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,612
    Thanks
    13,432
    Thanked 35,345 Times in 17,762 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147792
    I can't choose because not all cases are the same. Certainly not death. Falsely accusing someone is wrong, no doubt about it, but I think there should have to be some physical evidence that a rape has occurred, as there are way too many false charges being made.

  4. #18
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,612
    Thanks
    13,432
    Thanked 35,345 Times in 17,762 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147792
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    musterion taking a pass at intelligent responses to his OP because they don't reinforce his bias.


    Anna taking a pass at intelligent responses because she prefers to belittle the author of the OP.

  5. #19
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    19,996
    Thanks
    3,521
    Thanked 7,609 Times in 4,383 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147818
    There needs to be a choice that rests between the second and third choice. One, three, and four are awful for different reasons. Two lacks consideration of mitigating factors, like maturity or emotional stability, other considerations that might have compelled, ect. Lying about rape should come with serious consequences, but not the ones on this plate.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (June 15th, 2018),Lon (June 15th, 2018),Rusha (June 15th, 2018)

  7. #20
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,058
    Thanks
    19,027
    Thanked 4,574 Times in 2,612 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147746
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    There needs to be a choice that rests between the second and third choice. One, three, and four are awful for different reasons. Two lacks consideration of mitigating factors, like maturity or emotional stability, other considerations that might have compelled, ect. Lying about rape should come with serious consequences, but not the ones on this plate.
    ^ This.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855





  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (June 15th, 2018),Arthur Brain (June 18th, 2018)

  9. #21
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 2,884 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    372010
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    musterion taking a pass at intelligent responses to his OP because they don't reinforce his bias.
    It appears that he's now deep in intojoy country. Maybe he can find his way back. Let's hope so.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (June 15th, 2018)

  11. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,929
    Thanks
    1,661
    Thanked 4,877 Times in 3,673 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    This first popped up three years ago, but I just ran across it - it's an unintentionally hilarious look at the deranged mind of the leftist obsessed with victimhood. The original disappeared, but this mirror stills exists and the original spawned a bunch of response videos that are even funnier (albeit very crude and vulgar)



  12. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    7,277
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 822 Times in 713 Posts

    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    This first popped up three years ago, but I just ran across it - it's an unintentionally hilarious look at the deranged mind of the leftist obsessed with victimhood. The original disappeared, but this mirror stills exists and the original spawned a bunch of response videos that are even funnier (albeit very crude and vulgar)


    #joebiden #metoo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,929
    Thanks
    1,661
    Thanked 4,877 Times in 3,673 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    I was raped when funny pictures of joe biden made me laugh and spew coffee on my keyboard

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    intojoy (June 20th, 2018)

  15. #25
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,201
    Thanks
    3,955
    Thanked 19,419 Times in 11,255 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147752
    "Women don't lie about rape" was a lie from the start. Most don't but many have. And even if he's found innocent, a man's life can be utterly destroyed and some never recover. If a woman is found to have lied about rape, the minimum should be life in prison because of the life she tried to steal from someone else.

    What this issue needs is for right minded women to stand up and loudly point their fingers at their lying sisters and demand they start being put away for a very long time, to put a stop to this for the sake of men who, under the current system, are presumed guilty even when they're not.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  16. #26
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    14,582
    Thanks
    8,776
    Thanked 6,946 Times in 4,604 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147744
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    "Women don't lie about rape" was a lie from the start. Most don't but many have. And even if he's found innocent, a man's life can be utterly destroyed and some never recover. If a woman is found to have lied about rape, the minimum should be life in prison because of the life she tried to steal from someone else.

    What this issue needs is for right minded women to stand up and loudly point their fingers at their lying sisters and demand they start being put away for a very long time, to put a stop to this for the sake of men who, under the current system, are presumed guilty even when they're not.
    You'll not find many women who would support those who deliberately lie about rape anyway. Sure, it should have a severe sentence although nobody is denying this.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Town Heretic (June 20th, 2018)

  18. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,929
    Thanks
    1,661
    Thanked 4,877 Times in 3,673 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post


    "I get raped every day, several times
    by thoughts, by words, by looks"

  19. #28
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,058
    Thanks
    19,027
    Thanked 4,574 Times in 2,612 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147746
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    You'll not find many women who would support those who deliberately lie about rape anyway. Sure, it should have a severe sentence although nobody is denying this.
    Indeed ... rape is an atrocity and should never be used as a tool of vengeance ... nor should it be used as the punch line of a joke or discussion.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855





  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (June 20th, 2018),Arthur Brain (June 21st, 2018),Town Heretic (June 20th, 2018)

  21. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,929
    Thanks
    1,661
    Thanked 4,877 Times in 3,673 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Indeed ... rape is an atrocity and should never be used as a tool of vengeance ... nor should it be used as the punch line of a joke or discussion.


    unless its a convicted child molester getting raped in prison - then its hilarious!
    Last edited by ok doser; June 21st, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us