Thread: Sports Talk 2018: Lebron to Brady and Everything in Between

Thanks
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,930 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So...will it be a broom, or will Toronto get one early with KD out and their guys in rhythm?

I can't see it going six.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    So...will it be a broom, or will Toronto get one early with KD out and their guys in rhythm?

This will be the first year Golden State doesn't have home court advantage. They had the advantage the last four years.

Toronto beat Golden State both times they played each other this year.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    This will be the first year Golden State doesn't have home court advantage. They had the advantage the last four years.
    Since 2015 the Warriors are 30-15 W-L on the road in the playoffs, The Warriors have played one series where they didn't have the home court advantage, the 2018 Western Conference Finals vs the Rockets. They won that series.

I don't think those games have much bearing on the Finals. Those games were in late November and early December of 2018. The first game was in Toronto and the Warriors lost in overtime as they played without Steph Curry. The second game the Warriors were just flat the entire game other than KD. Steph only made 3/12 shots. The Warriors were coming off four straight wins by an average of 17 points. The Warriors lost by 20 to Toronto.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Regular season just doesn't mean much to GS...and Kawhi looked drained and/or hurt at the last of the Bucks series.

Can you really see them beating GS four out of seven? I'm leaning 5 tops. If it goes 6 KD is likely back and that's all, folks. But I don't really believe they'll need him for this one.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular season just doesn't mean much to GS...and Kawhi looked drained and/or hurt at the last of the Bucks series.
    Leonard is on fire right now.

27 year olds don't get drained.

Can you really see them beating GS four out of seven?
    I didn't see them beating Milwaukee 4 straight after being down 0-2.....so, who knows.

I'm leaning 5 tops.
    As a neutral fan, I'm hoping for 7 games.

If it goes 6 KD is likely back and that's all, folks. But I don't really believe they'll need him for this one.
    They won 73 games in a season without KD, they can easily win 4 games without him, not to mention they are 6-0 since he got injured.

Klay Thompson was snubbed from the All-NBA team, if he uses that as motivation, and Curry is Curry, they won't need KD to win.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Leonard is on fire right now.

27 year olds don't get drained.
    He's not beating anyone though. Kawhi has to be Kawhi, because this coaching staff won't be fooled like the Bucks were late.

I didn't see them beating Milwaukee 4 straight after being down 0-2.....so, who knows.
    I thought the Bucks would win in 7, but Toronto had a better game plan and exposed the weakness of the Bucks big man.

As a neutral fan, I'm hoping for 7 games.
    I'm a Celtic fan, but this feels like New England all over again. Inevitable.

They won 73 games in a season without KD
    And had nearly a double digit margin of victory to boot. But that was a few years ago. They didn't break 60 this year. Or last year. It's tighter now.

they can easily win 4 games without him, not to mention they are 6-0 since he got injured.

Klay Thompson was snubbed from the All-NBA team, if he uses that as motivation, and Curry is Curry, they won't need KD to win.
    If Toronto can pick up two games against Steph and company they'll need KD. No one has enough defense to cover GS when he's playing. Not in a series. You have to give KD one on one and that won't work. Or you double and the shooters kill you from outside. GS without KD is the best team in the league. With him it's like a mini-dream team.

Pro-Life

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    The same can be said about the Warriors not playing complete games either. The fact is that the Warriors SWEPT the series against the Trailblazers. The Blazers won zero games. The Warriors are simply the superior team and they proved it.
    I'll agree the Warriors played far more consistently in the series. And their experience showed. But, the Blazers gave away that series. It was their own mental mistakes that doomed them. The regular season was a 2-2 tie and pretty accurately reflects the equality of the two teams. And they both won on each other's home court. But the Blazers went fishing and Warriors went to the finals.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So, they got one early. Could be the best possible news for GS, long term. I think they need KD to stay if they want to seriously extend the streak and if they cruised without him at this stage I'd say it's a given he's gone, because that's not the narrative his ego needs. If they struggle, lose, or need him late it's better for them as it will change that narrative and increase the likelihood of resigning him and settling him in a way he obviously (and with help from some dunderheaded fans--and at least one teammate) hasn't been.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, they got one early.
    KD is out for game 2.

If Toronto wins game 2, things get real interesting.

Toronto is now 3-0 against Golden State this year.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

KD is out for game 2.

If Toronto wins game 2, things get real interesting.

Toronto is now 3-0 against Golden State this year.
    Like they say, it's not a series until someone loses at home.

Lose by 9 away with your best player on the bench and one of the opponents guys playing out of his mind isn't something to rend garments about.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like they say, it's not a series until someone loses at home.
    If Toronto doesn't lose at least one game at home, Golden State cannot win the series.

isn't something to rend garments about.
    Only NIKE jerseys rip appart.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If Toronto doesn't lose at least one game at home, Golden State cannot win the series.
    Fair enough. But it took a peculiar turn of things for Toronto to pull off that win, at home. Let's see if they can keep a fortunate streak going.

Only NIKE jerseys rip appart.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the injuries the Warriors gutted out a tough win last night in game 2 to even series. Hopefully, Klay Thompson is not seriously hurt.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Despite the injuries the Warriors gutted out a tough win last night in game 2 to even series. Hopefully, Klay Thompson is not seriously hurt.
    Oh, sure. NOW you're here to talk.

Great game. If Kawhi had help he could count on...you guys had better get KD to come back.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, sure. NOW you're here to talk.
    Of course!

Great game. If Kawhi had help he could count on...you guys had better get KD to come back.
    Kawhi only scored 6 points in the 4th quarter, four points which were free throws.

. -Ktoyou

Thread Information