User Tag List

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 362

Thread: Sports Talk 2018: Lebron to Brady and Everything in Between

  1. #76
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    12,551
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 462 Times in 419 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    332747
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    I think Durant stays with the Warriors but at the same time I can see him leave as well.
    If Durant is out the rest of the season, financially speaking, it would be best for him to root against the Warriors.

    Everyone and their mother thought Houston would win last night. But, the Bash Brothers showed everyone just how they won 73 games without Kevin Durant a few years ago.

    I'm a huge Durant fan, and think he's the best player in the league. It's scary that your Warriors can still win it without him.

    With Durant, there is no way the Warriors can lose to anyone.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

  2. #77
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,298
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 718 Times in 482 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    175161
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    I'm enjoying the Lakers collapse. It would be most humorous if the Lakers fail to reach the postseasons. Go Warriors!
    LOL. Back in the days of Nate Thurmond, Clyde Lee, Al Attles, Rick Barry, Jeff Mullins, Joe Ellis, Franklin Meuli, etc... I would have been right with you on the "Go Warriors" bit as I was big Warriors fan back then. However, I must disagree with you today as I say, Go Blazers.

    I had lost faith in them as for the last few years they just didn't play enough team ball and defense to win. I'm changing my mind about them and agree with Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith that the Blazers will advance to the finals for the first time in many years. It seems to me Lilliard and McCollum have finally learned that they can't win on their own and they have to make their teammates better to compete at the highest levels. That's why their bench has been so good in the playoffs and also during the regular season. The stats don't always show it, but there is a whole lot more to the game than what stats show. That's why Iguodala and Livingston have been such an integral part of the Warriors' success over the last few years.

  3. #78
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 732 Times in 459 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    327727
    In the last two playoff games the Warriors have not had Kevin Durant. And the warriors look great. Their defense and passing on offense have been a joy to watch.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  4. #79
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    21,127
    Thanks
    3,943
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 4,945 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147842
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    In the last two playoff games the Warriors have not had Kevin Durant. And the warriors look great. Their defense and passing on offense have been a joy to watch.
    They're officially the Becket of the Western Conference...with Houston and others wondering, "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome pest?"

    A near Dream Team status with Durant, they're still the best team running without him. Maybe they're the Patriots of the NBA.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  5. #80
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 732 Times in 459 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    327727
    The Warriors win again to take a 3-0 lead against the Trailblazers. the Warriors played incredible team ball.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  6. #81
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    21,127
    Thanks
    3,943
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 4,945 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147842
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    The Warriors win again to take a 3-0 lead against the Trailblazers. the Warriors played incredible team ball.
    The only problem you're going to have is in the finals, if KD can't make it back meaningfully. You can win it all without him, but it's far from the lock you have with him...meanwhile, my Celtics...no, it's too painful at present. We'll talk about whether or not subtraction might be addition there at another time.

    I also noted the chants of MVP for Curry at the foul line that might not have been the best thing for Durant to hear as he considers whether to continue with GS. Without KD they're the best team in the NBA, with a few teams chasing. With KD they're invincible.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  7. #82
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 732 Times in 459 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    327727
    And just like that the warriors swept the Trailblazers 4-0. Both Steph and Draymond had triple doubles, the first time in playoff history that teammates had a triple double. Now the Warriors have nine days of rest before the NBA Finals. Game 1 will either be in Milwaukee or Toronto.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Berean For Your Post:

    Town Heretic (May 21st, 2019)

  9. #83
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 732 Times in 459 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    327727
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    They're officially the Becket of the Western Conference...with Houston and others wondering, "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome pest?"

    A near Dream Team status with Durant, they're still the best team running without him. Maybe they're the Patriots of the NBA.
    Interesting that you mentioned the Patriots. The Warriors have their own Tom Brady of sorts in Draymond Green. Like Tom Brady, Draymond was lightly regarded coming out of college even though he was a great college player, just like Brady was great at Michigan. Both were lightly regarded coming out of college because they were viewed as having limited athleticism and very low upside. This just shows that pro sports teams place way too much emphasis on pure athleticism and "measurables" and not enough on personality, desire, and drive.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  10. #84
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    21,127
    Thanks
    3,943
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 4,945 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147842
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Interesting that you mentioned the Patriots. The Warriors have their own Tom Brady of sorts in Draymond Green. Like Tom Brady, Draymond was lightly regarded coming out of college even though he was a great college player, just like Brady was great at Michigan.
    Both were lightly regarded coming out of college because they were viewed as having limited athleticism and very low upside. This just shows that pro sports teams place way too much emphasis on pure athleticism and "measurables" and not enough on personality, desire, and drive.
    And how often have we seen guys with amazing measurables turn out to be nothing more than workout warriors?

    I keep hearing people saying the pack is gaining on GS and that the window is closing...but while I do expect KD to go elsewhere, where will that be enough without him repeating the thing that likely will move him out of your locker room? I like him to try New York, where he can be the man and maybe add a piece or two to take a hard run at the East or more.

    I think your guys could be New England like favorites for a few more years. They've proven they can win without KD, and without his cap hit they could pick up a lesser light in an interesting free agent year, maybe a bit more help on the bench and keep that core. Why wouldn't someone who isn't a superstar but is an impact player not want to enter the GS orbit?

    As a long suffering Celtics fan I can't (sadly) think of a good reason.

    Oh, I think the Bucks are going to give you some trouble, but I'm not on Barkley's "Can't beat them without KD" side of things.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  11. #85
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 732 Times in 459 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    327727
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    And how often have we seen guys with amazing measurables turn out to be nothing more than workout warriors?

    I keep hearing people saying the pack is gaining on GS and that the window is closing...but while I do expect KD to go elsewhere, where will that be enough without him repeating the thing that likely will move him out of your locker room? I like him to try New York, where he can be the man and maybe add a piece or two to take a hard run at the East or more.

    I think your guys could be New England like favorites for a few more years. They've proven they can win without KD, and without his cap hit they could pick up a lesser light in an interesting free agent year, maybe a bit more help on the bench and keep that core. Why wouldn't someone who isn't a superstar but is an impact player not want to enter the GS orbit?

    As a long suffering Celtics fan I can't (sadly) think of a good reason.

    Oh, I think the Bucks are going to give you some trouble, but I'm not on Barkley's "Can't beat them without KD" side of things.
    If KD leaves the Warriors that opens up cap space to sign other players. There are quite a few elite free agents this offseason.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  12. #86
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    21,127
    Thanks
    3,943
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 4,945 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147842
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    If KD leaves the Warriors that opens up cap space to sign other players. There are quite a few elite free agents this offseason.
    Sure. It will take a KD to Houston AND lesser moves to Houston to make me reconsider. I don't see the Lakers being able to attract. I think the East is still too thin at the top and that it's unlikely. Your guys aren't old yet, can make improvements, and are better than anyone else even without KD. So where KD lands and where a certain Raptor lands will be the difference maker in terms of IF there is a legitimate challenger to GS OR it's just another year of waiting to see how much better they are than everyone else.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  13. #87
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 732 Times in 459 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    327727
    Wow, the Toronto Raptors are going to beat the Milwaukee Bucks? No one saw that coming at all.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  14. #88
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    21,127
    Thanks
    3,943
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 4,945 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147842
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Wow, the Toronto Raptors are going to beat the Milwaukee Bucks? No one saw that coming at all.
    A shame he couldn't find his fit in San Antonio. Could have/should have been the next anchor for another terrific Spurs team.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  15. #89
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,298
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 718 Times in 482 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    175161
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    The Warriors win again to take a 3-0 lead against the Trailblazers. the Warriors played incredible team ball.
    That series loss by the Trail Blazers was on them, not because of the Warriors. The Blazers played only one complete game and that was game 4. That went to overtime and they had their chance to win that one which shows they were, when they played both halves of games, very competitive with the Warriors. The rest of the series was just a giveaway. Game 1 the Blazers didn't come close to playing even one complete quarter. Games 2 and 3 they gave away the second halves of both games. They stopped doing what got them the leads in the first halves of both games. I don't know why they went mental in the conference finals but they did.

    The Blazers had done that all year, in stretches of games. Then they would turn it around and play together and play well again. In other words it was their bugaboo all season long. It just happened to pop up again in the series with the Warriors. The Blazers had played well for a month or so, and then just lapsed into playing lousy ball during the conference finals.

  16. #90
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 732 Times in 459 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    327727
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    That series loss by the Trail Blazers was on them, not because of the Warriors. The Blazers played only one complete game and that was game 4. That went to overtime and they had their chance to win that one which shows they were, when they played both halves of games, very competitive with the Warriors. The rest of the series was just a giveaway. Game 1 the Blazers didn't come close to playing even one complete quarter. Games 2 and 3 they gave away the second halves of both games. They stopped doing what got them the leads in the first halves of both games. I don't know why they went mental in the conference finals but they did.

    The Blazers had done that all year, in stretches of games. Then they would turn it around and play together and play well again. In other words it was their bugaboo all season long. It just happened to pop up again in the series with the Warriors. The Blazers had played well for a month or so, and then just lapsed into playing lousy ball during the conference finals.
    The same can be said about the Warriors not playing complete games either. The fact is that the Warriors SWEPT the series against the Trailblazers. The Blazers won zero games. The Warriors are simply the superior team and they proved it.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us