Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Free will is simply....

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post

If you have free will why is your life so miserable? Why don't you have all things that your free will has determined you deserve? Why do things not turn out the way your free will has determined?
    Because we expend our free energy - not upon the good we desire -
    but rather from what we lack; fearful ego escapes from pain, suffering, insignificance...etc. Thus, the universe generates for us (ironically, contrary to our wishes.) our energetic focus...accordingly

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    No, your will is subject to your own pride, just like a Pharisee.
    That is seen in your pretentiousness of using terms like "Eternal Almighty" instead of just saying God.

I give glory to God, who created man in His own image, and gave man free will to choose between good and evil.
    Man chooses between good and evil using the free will God gave him, and God judges man's actions based on man's free will choice.
    Addressing the Eternal Almighty by the Names and Titles He commanded His people to use is "pretentious"?
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Because we expend our free energy - not upon the good we desire -
    but rather from what we lack; fearful ego escapes from pain, suffering, insignificance...etc. Thus, the universe generates for us (ironically, contrary to our wishes.) our energetic focus...accordingly
    I hear the tap of a white cane.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Whatever Yah Veh pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps". Psalm 135:6

Or as unregenerate men prefer, Whatever man please, he does...

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man does not have unlimited free will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Man does not have unlimited free will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the will to be free it cannot be subject to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes. For the will to be free it must have sufficient power to fulfil its chosen route or decree. Otherwise it is just wishful thinking.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of Elohim, they are the sons of Elohim".

There is certain and true liberty only in being led. Amen.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Then Yah Veh saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually".

Subjects and slaves to sin and so all they willed was an abomination.

Messiah said, "It will be as it was in the days of Noah".

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephesians 2:3
    We all lived among them at one time in the cravings of our flesh, indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath.

Free will?

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,024 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Addressing the Eternal Almighty by the Names and Titles He commanded His people to use is "pretentious"?
    God never commanded his people to address Him as "the Eternal Almighty".

Here is the name He said to be used:

Exodus 3:15
    15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

The LORD h3068 יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah - "the existing One"
    God h430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym - God
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the will to be free it cannot be subject to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes. For the will to be free it must have sufficient power to fulfil its chosen route or decree. Otherwise it is just wishful thinking.
    The will is not "subject" to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes, as proven by Job:

Job 31:1
    1 I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

Here is Paul speaking of using our free will to make our thoughts subject to our will:

2 Corinthians 10:5
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God never commanded his people to address Him as "the Eternal Almighty".

Here is the name He said to be used:

Exodus 3:15
    15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

The LORD h3068 יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah - "the existing One"
    God h430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym - God
    You seem to think that when The Almighty spoke He used English.

God is a transliteration of the Germanic word Gott. Gott is what the Germanic pagans called their idols and totems.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The will is not "subject" to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes, as proven by Job:

Job 31:1
    1 I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

Here is Paul speaking of using our free will to make our thoughts subject to our will:

2 Corinthians 10:5
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
    Your blindness becomes more evident with every pot shot you take at trying to understand.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to think that when The Almighty spoke He used English.
    Not at all.
    I do think that you have chosen of your own free will to use "the Eternal Almighty" as the most pretentious titles and names for God that you could imagine.
    It is your pretentiousness that I am calling you out on.

God is a transliteration of the Germanic word Gott. Gott is what the Germanic pagans called their idols and totems.
    If you don't like German words, stop using English, since English is a Germanic language.

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your blindness becomes more evident with every pot shot you take at trying to understand.
    It is a shame (on you) that you are unable to see the truth.

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information