Thread: Free will is simply....

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    I hear the tap of a white cane.
    I bet you do. The interesting thing is that you're professed to its origins. You can't work at improving your freewilled lot in life by mere rote spiritualism...the real world fails to accommodate your idealized spiritual fear of rejection from God. Hence, your sufference into a self-imposed existence as a hell-bound sinner!

....how we are shackled by our own chains...
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    I bet you do. The interesting thing is that you're professed to its origins. You can't work at improving your freewilled lot in life by mere rote spiritualism...the real world fails to accommodate your idealized spiritual fear of rejection from God. Hence, your sufference into a self-imposed existence as a hell-bound sinner!

....how we are shackled by our own chains...
    You sad man.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just after I was converted I heard someone say they preferred a certain Bible translation, because "it is easier to understand". I then heard it from numerous people in the next few years. What I realised is that they had sealed their fate by insisting they understood. In which case why didn't they obey?...Guilty.

The same thing applies to a person that insists his will is free and therefore he is in complete control of his intents, thoughts, words and deeds. That man is now liable and guilty. He will experience the effects of guilt in the realm of time and suffer the consequences eternally.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

nikolai_42 (June 13th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" Order my steps in Thy word; and let not any iniquity have dominion over me".

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " Order my steps in Thy word; and let not any iniquity have dominion over me".
    Ironically spoken through a man with a tethered and burdened soul. A prideful, contradictory study in suffering for....spiritual solace.
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Ironically spoken through a man with a tethered and burdened soul. A prideful, contradictory study in suffering for....spiritual solace.
    Your continual and nonsensical attacks say far more about you than they do about me. The bitterness you exhibit is like a cancer and is ruinous.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any exercise of the will of man is evil and results in sin.

"Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest."

The will of the Eternal Almighty is perfect and any straying from His will or any act that falls short of His good and perfect will is sin.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after Elohim. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one".

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the unregenerate this is just a verse in the midst of many verses. For the regenerate this is the effect of salvation:

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free will is simply wishful thinking on the part of man.

"I know, O Yah Veh, that a man's way is not his own; no one who walks directs his own steps".

"We can make our plans, but the Yah Veh determines our steps."

If you have free will why is your life so miserable? Why don't you have all things that your free will has determined you deserve? Why do things not turn out the way your free will has determined?

3 X's ? are rhetorical.

"for dominion belongs to Yah Veh and he rules over the nations." Despite mans wishful thinking.
    I was in Psalm 12 this morning and the attitude of those that insist their will is free was perfectly illustrated in verse 4. (With the lips are the contents of the heart* revealed...)

"Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?"

"They say, "Through our tongues we have power; our lips are our own--who can be our master?"

"They say, "We speak persuasively; we know how to flatter and boast. Who is our master?"

"that has said, "We will overcome with our tongues. With lips such as ours, who can be our master?"

whichever translation you read the impression is the same, arrogance and pride.

heart* not the blood pump.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

intojoy (June 11th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The will in man is ineffectual.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS Ineffectual:

incapable
    unproductive
    useless
    impotent
    ineffectual
    unsuccessful
    weak

And so my statement in the OP "wishful thinking".

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 1,009 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same thing applies to a person that insists his will is free and therefore he is in complete control of his intents, thoughts, words and deeds.
    You definitely are confused if you think having free will means you are in complete control of your intents, thoughts, words and deeds.
    Free will simply means that you are capable of choosing which way you will walk in, not all the steps you will take as you walk in that way.

Proverbs 16:9
    A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You definitely are confused if you think having free will means you are in complete control of your intents, thoughts, words and deeds.
    Free will simply means that you are capable of choosing which way you will walk in, not all the steps you will take as you walk in that way.

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
    Jeremiah 10:23

It seems to me that both verses indicate we aren't capable of making that choice effectually. That's the whole point about directing. A man is subject to something - he is either subject to God or subject to his own ways.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:7-9

If you are capable of choosing good over evil all the time, then the Spirit of Christ wouldn't be essential. That Spirit is what set us free from the LAW of sin and death (Romans 8:2). If not set free then you are still subject to it.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post

Your will is not free in any way, shape or form that enables it to choose that which is just. In fact scripture says, "your just acts are as filthy rags".

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your will is not free in any way, shape or form that enables it to choose that which is just. In fact scripture says, "your just acts are as filthy rags".
    A dog canít will himself to fly, he doesnít have the nature of a bird. Adam could not search for God because he assumed the nature of sin and death. Man if left alone would not seek God like Adam did not seek God, no not even one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information